Join Us

We are 221,200 members in 83 forums discussing 161,896 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Sad news about my boss

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV) is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, most commonly the bones, liver, brain, or lungs. Metastatic breast cancer can be treated but not cured. Metastatic disease is NOT hopeless. There are a wide variety of treatment options for metastatic breast cancer, and new medicines are being tested every day. More and more people are living life to the fullest while being treated for metastatic breast cancer.

Note: Please contact your doctor for any specific concerns about symptoms you are experiencing or your course of treatment.

Learn more about living with MBC.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Jul 25, 2007 10:02AM

73gr wrote:

I just wanted to let you know that the chief of our company were i work, Mrs Julia passed away just a few hours ago after a brave battle with bc mets for 11 years. Mrs. Julia was an amazing women, she worked hard every day at her company until the last days. She told me last year that the worries about her business kept her alive for so much long. She gaved me so much courage and strenght after my mother's diagnosis. She was for 11 years under continued treatment, one chemo after another, but she never complained about herself, she lived her life in the fullest. Lately she was under Avastin/Mytoxan (?) combo, although she had brain mets too, and neuropathy, she never refused her high heels until the very end.
She will be missed greatly. She was such an inspiration for my mother and me. I can't believe she has gone so quickly. She looked so fine, i can't believe it....
Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers....
My mother passed away on June 2011 from complications from brain and lung mets. Good bye and thank you for the fish! Dx 12/1/1991, Stage IV, 1/20 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (17 results)

Posts 1 - 17 (17 total)

Jul 25, 2007 10:26AM LuAnnH wrote:

So sorry to hear of your loss.

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 25, 2007 11:31AM Lisa40 wrote:

I remember you talking about her. She was an inspiration to me for continuing to fight. I'm so sad to hear that her fight as ended. Lisa

Jul 25, 2007 02:01PM katie11 wrote:

Dear Lorenzo,

I also remember you posting about your boss before and I am so sorry to hear that she has now lost the battle with this dreadful disease. She will always be an inspiration to all of us on this board to keep going and not lose hope. She must have been an incredible person - so strong and determined.

Hugs,

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 25, 2007 02:08PM - edited Mar 19, 2008 01:14PM by TenderIsOurMight

Two inspiring women regretfully passed away from cancer this week. Your life loving boss and the one and only Tammy Faye.

I am sorry for such a great loss in your life.

Tender
It cannot be emphasized too strongly that treatment of each patient is a highly individualized matter. (FDA-approved labeling for warfarin (Coumadin) NDA 9-218/5-105)

Jul 25, 2007 02:40PM breastcancer4 wrote:

Post deleted by Melissa & Tami

Jul 25, 2007 02:59PM WendyK wrote:

What a rude comment breastcancers4! We should all care!

Wendy
Hoping for the future and living for today! Dx 12/13/2004, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 25, 2007 03:14PM LuAnnH wrote:

that is very rude!

LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 25, 2007 03:43PM roseg wrote:

Quote:
she never refused her high heels until the very end

I'm sorry. She sounds like a very determined and classy lady who will be remembered!
Rose

Jul 25, 2007 04:00PM boobbuster wrote:

Mrs Julia has her wings today after 11 years to walking in faith. God is able, Stephanie

Jul 25, 2007 05:06PM newvickie wrote:

I'm sorry Lorenzo for your loss.
How are things with your sweet mom?...we have missed you here with your hope and inspiration.
Hugs
Vickie

Jul 25, 2007 05:11PM unlimited wrote:

Obvioulsy breastcancer4 is a ...... TROLL ......

Dx 11/20/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 25, 2007 05:12PM Coltsneck wrote:

To Breastcancers4
I hope someday someone isn't saying the same thing about you - Who Cares?.

It doesn't matter if it's someone's boss, mother, daughter, sister, friend, etc.

She was a woman who bravely traveled a long - and I'll bet sometimes lonely - road and managed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration to others.

Most of us on this board can relate to the sadness that Lorenzo is feeling.

I hope that your heart will open up a bit and that you will be fortunate enough to learn how to care about other people's suffering and loss.

I feel sorry for you.
Dx 5/2/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 25, 2007 06:28PM WendyV wrote:

Lorenzo - I am so sorry to hear about your boss, I too remember you posting about her. She was inspiring then and now. If you boss can make it for 11 years, just think how long your Mom and all of us can make it! It's women like your boss give all of us the courage to keep going because we all realize that we can beat the odds, and with a lot of prayer be around to see a cure for this dreaded disease. I'm sure you boss is looking down upon all of us right now - one more BC Angel to protect the rest of us. Your in my thoughts and prayers Lorenzo.
Wendy

PS - the moderator has been notified about the "Troll post" so hopefully it will be removed soon.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 26, 2007 02:03AM suemaria wrote:

Well said Wendy! She truly was an inspiration to us all.

Thank you Lorenzo for inspiring us all, I know it has helped me realise what can be achieved. Your boss was one strong and brave lady.

As to the 'who cares vote'. I would say, who cares about your cynical views. Go and get some therapy thats what I would advise.

Sue

Jul 26, 2007 02:56AM jdash wrote:

so sorry lorenzo to hear of your loss- women like julia are an inspiration to us all!
THE POST OF "BREASTCANCERS4" should be deleted - every life that is lost to cancer is significant to us all and every person who lives life so courageously and fully with cancer
is someone to be admired and remembered
Lean on me when you are not strong- And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on- For it won't be long till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on... Bill Withers "Lean On Me". Dx 4/22/2006, IDC, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Jul 26, 2007 07:10AM wallan wrote:

I am so sorry for your loss, Lorenzo... I bet she valued your friendship alot.

Her spirit is very inspirational for us all.

God bless
Wendy A
Dx 3/29/2004, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/31/2004 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 6/1/2004 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 12/1/2004 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Dx 1/25/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC/IDC/IDC: Mucinous/IDC: Cribriform, Left, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/8/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 26, 2007 06:17PM DragonladyTina wrote:

Lorenzo,

so sorry for the loss of your friend and boss, I know she meant a great deal to you and your mother.

((((Lorenzo)))
Live, Laugh and Love Dx 12/2/2004, 6cm+, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/19 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (17 results)