Join Us

We are 221,199 members in 83 forums discussing 161,896 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Liver Problems-CT Scan

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV) is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, most commonly the bones, liver, brain, or lungs. Metastatic breast cancer can be treated but not cured. Metastatic disease is NOT hopeless. There are a wide variety of treatment options for metastatic breast cancer, and new medicines are being tested every day. More and more people are living life to the fullest while being treated for metastatic breast cancer.

Note: Please contact your doctor for any specific concerns about symptoms you are experiencing or your course of treatment.

Learn more about living with MBC.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Jul 25, 2007 09:55AM

Solly wrote:

My blood test showed liver abnormalties. I am scheduled for a CT scan on Friday. I am nervous but I am 99% positive it is from the Lamasil I have been taking and we were on vacation and did a lot of drinking (an all inclusive resort). Send some prayers please

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)

Posts 1 - 12 (12 total)

Jul 25, 2007 10:47AM RobinWendy wrote:

Solly,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know the waiting for scan results is pure torture... Good luck and let us know.

Robin
dx Stage II primary BC in Jan. 2001;dx with DCIS on other breast in Jan. 2003; dx with mets to lungs in Jan. 2004 and in May 2007, mets spread to liver. Dx ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 25, 2007 10:49AM katie11 wrote:

Thinking of you Solly and sending lots of positive thoughts for a B9 result!

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 25, 2007 12:16PM LuAnnH wrote:

Sending you good vibes for good results!

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 25, 2007 12:32PM jacqniel wrote:

Prayers for good a good scan. Hugs, Jacque

Jul 25, 2007 12:39PM roseg wrote:

My husband has had funny liver results and the Dr. told him 1) drinking could do it 2) it's not a big deal until they get to be hundreds of times out of range.

ANY test makes me nervous, but I think you could hold the full-fledged panic for the results! Good luck.
Rose

Jul 25, 2007 01:11PM boobbuster wrote:

Solly-
I pray that the only thing they find on your scan is a smiley face. God is able, Stephanie

Jul 25, 2007 01:43PM slonedeb wrote:

Post deleted by deb238

Dx 10/7/2004, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 25, 2007 03:35PM WendyV wrote:

Deb sweetie - hugs and prayers to you. We are all in this together!
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 25, 2007 03:35PM WendyV wrote:

Solly - sending lots of prayers for good news on your scans. There are lots of things that can affect your liver enzymes, drinking, some viral infections, even exercise can cause increases, and yes lot of medications are none to cause increases in liver enzymes. I'm glad you oncologist is ordering the scan, and not playing the wait and see next months results game. Good Luck!
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 26, 2007 01:18AM tos wrote:

Solly my best wishes for a good scan!!

Jul 26, 2007 06:28AM BrandisMom wrote:

Solly -- I know it's easier said than done, but please try to think positive. Abnormal liver results on labs show up for MANY different reasons. Think of the CT as just something to put your mind at ease.

Hugs and calming thoughts coming your way.
Debbie

Jul 26, 2007 11:48AM SharonCorrea wrote:

Solly, try not to worry. As others have said, liver enzyme tests are very sensitive and results can fluctuate for many reasons. Several years ago I had slight elevations in enzymes off and on over a 2 year period and my doc ordered a CT scan. Scan showed NOTHING. Turns out I have allergies, and for some reason whenever I take Claritin, it raises my liver enzymes! My doc and I went back over my chart and for the past 2 years every time I had a slight elevation, I was taking Claritin. He intially said it wouldn't effec them but now he's a believer it could.

Also, a fatty liver will cause elevations in liver enzymes (and many middle age women have this even if of normal weight). Alcohol also causes elevations as does tylenol.
~Sharon Dx 3/25/2004, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)