Join Us

We are 221,200 members in 83 forums discussing 161,896 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I am very scared!

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV) is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, most commonly the bones, liver, brain, or lungs. Metastatic breast cancer can be treated but not cured. Metastatic disease is NOT hopeless. There are a wide variety of treatment options for metastatic breast cancer, and new medicines are being tested every day. More and more people are living life to the fullest while being treated for metastatic breast cancer.

Note: Please contact your doctor for any specific concerns about symptoms you are experiencing or your course of treatment.

Learn more about living with MBC.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Jul 26, 2007 04:41PM

EXAIMA wrote:

My mom had a transfusion two weeks ago and did not have any change, her hemoglobin is in 9, she was almost 6, she is very weak and sad, (like depression ) she has a strong pain in her right leg. She almost can not walk, the doctor says it is not normal, he has to check if the cancer is in the bone marrow and spread all over in the bones. She was diagnosed two years ago with mets in lungs and some points in bones, but they were little, now I think he supposes it is became worst. Has anyone gone with something like this? What can be? My mom is having a radiography tomorrow and the doctor says we are gonna know. I hope is nothing terrible. I will pray today, please pray for us.
Sometimes I forget my mom is sick... But this disease always come back to remember us.
Thanks for everything. from Honduras with love and scared. Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Jul 26, 2007 05:57PM - edited Mar 19, 2008 11:46AM by TenderIsOurMight

Dear Exaima,

Of course I will pray for your Mom and you, and may you feel our support, all the way in Honduras. It is a scary time for you and she.

Best to let the doctors do their tests, so your Mom and you can know what is causing her pain, and then attention be given to relief of pain, and other if needed.

Perhaps you might call on family members to donate blood for your Mom, since she is anemic and might need extra, particularly until her diagnosis is better known. Families tend to have some members whose blood are compatible or capable of being given to a family member in such emergencies.

What a loving daughter you are to reach out for your Mom. I'm sure she is proud of how she raised you to be so reaching out in your caring.

Keeping you and your Mom in my thoughts,
Tender
It cannot be emphasized too strongly that treatment of each patient is a highly individualized matter. (FDA-approved labeling for warfarin (Coumadin) NDA 9-218/5-105)

Jul 27, 2007 05:03AM AusAla wrote:

Exaima,

I will be praying for your mom and you. Take care of yourself and your mom.

Sending positive thoughts, healing energy, and many prayers,
Bethie
"I don't want to be in a battle, but waiting on the edge of one I can't escape is even worse! Pippin, Lord of the Ring: Return of the King Dx 5/13/2002, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 3/17 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 27, 2007 05:42AM lexi4 wrote:

Exaima,

Saying a prayers for you and your mom. Prayers for answers and healing. Prayers for comfort. I know how scared you are feeling. Please let your mom know that there are many people keeping her in prayer.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi
Dx 8/22/2005, IBC, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Jul 27, 2007 05:55AM jacqniel wrote:

Exaima - I have said a prayer for you and your mom for strength, peace and healing. Hugs, Jacque

Jul 27, 2007 06:13AM LiveForToday wrote:

Exaima;

So sorry your mom is having problems again. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong, hopefully the tests will show it not to be serious...

huggs, Sherry
I will stand my ground...and I won't back down

Jul 28, 2007 06:44PM sportycath wrote:

Just wanted to say that the rads may really make a difference to your Mums pain relief and it also is supposed to strengthen and help with healing. It really made a difference to me over 18 mths ago (and the relief was vitually instantaneous!. When she feels a bit better it will give her more energy and hopefully a smile on her dial! I also have an infusion of zometa (for bones)monthly which must be doing its work well too. Good luck Cathy xoxo

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)