Join Us

We are 217,588 members in 84 forums discussing 160,642 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Please pray for Shelli

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only. There is a separate forum For Family and Caregivers of People with a STAGE IV Diagnosis.

Posted on: Aug 12, 2007 03:28PM

geeta75 wrote:

Hi there, everyone. I received an email from Shelli's mother yesterday. It seems as if she is not doing very well after her last hospital stay--as you all should know, she had complications from her last surgery, and the doctor ended up having to take out all that he had done due to infection. She evidently has become weaker every day, and could really use some hard core prayers right now. Here is a bit of the email that Sandy sent:

"After the last surgery (she had 3 in the month of July), the doctors did scans before she left the hospital and they told her there was "freckling" in her cerebellum. It is too small to use the gamma knife on. She came home on Monday and is very weak. I spend all day with her and attend to her needs. Ashley is still taking care of the kids. Shelli has gotten weaker every day. We had a home nurse coming and she taught Karl how to do the antibiotics. She is done with the antibiotics now...."

There was a bit more, but I find it too personal to share. Just know that she needs our prayers, and love, and cards, and just all around good vibes. I'm confident she knows how loved she is, as the outpouring from all of you is nothing short of phenomenal.

I will try my best to keep you all informed, as I will most likely get updates from Sandy often. I confess, I tend to stay away from the boards, though. So, between my posts, if anyone would like to ask how Shelli is doing, please pm me. I will get an email, and get back with you within the day. In the mean time, let's pray our hearts out, and I know Shelli will feel our love.

Love to all,
Geeta
Dx 10/1/2003, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 1/8 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 1 of 3 (90 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (90 total)

Aug 12, 2007 03:33PM gmr52 wrote:

Thank you for the update. Shelli is in my prayers for a restoration to health. I so hate what this disease does to women/men and their families. God bless them all.

Aug 12, 2007 04:01PM Member_of_the_Club wrote:

Shelli is such an extraordinary woman, I know we are all pulling for her.

And Geeta, I hope you are doing OK.
Dx 9/30/2004, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 12, 2007 04:04PM dressmaker wrote:

Geeta
I have been so worried about Shelli. She has been through so much, she is such a fighter. I've almost been afraid to come here for an update and hear something I don't want to hear. Please let her family know that I will do double duty on the prayers, it's times like these that really make me feel helpless!

Aug 12, 2007 04:09PM jacqniel wrote:

Healing prayers for Shelli. How unfair and ruthless this disease is.... and what a fighter Shelli is.

Aug 12, 2007 04:19PM roseg wrote:

Geeta - thank you for the update.

I've been concerned about Shelli because no-news has usually been not good news with her. I hope that things with her family are finding a temporary peace and acceptance. I know she is happier being near her kids. Her husband and family are just unbelievable and my prayers are for them as well.

I hope that you are doing OK yourself and will pray for both of you.
Rose

Aug 12, 2007 04:32PM Denny123 wrote:

Thanks so much for the update. Piles of prayers going out to her and her lovely family.
God Bless this courageous fighter!
Dx 12/14/2002, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 3, 4/40 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 2/20/2003 Lymph node removal: Left, Right; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Latissimus dorsi flap; Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap Chemotherapy 3/31/2003 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Gemzar (gemcitabine), Taxotere (docetaxel), Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 10/10/2003 Breast, Lymph nodes Targeted Therapy 1/30/2004 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 7/5/2011 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy

Aug 12, 2007 04:47PM Labgal wrote:

Thank you Geeta...I have been checking the boards every day for an update. Shellie was one of the first ones I latched on to when I first came to these boards. I could just feel her strength. She was a source of comfort and strength to me during my fight with this awful cruel disease. My prayers to her and her family.

Cathy Abell Dx 11/11/2004, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Aug 12, 2007 05:17PM spar2 wrote:

Adding my prayers for Shelli and her family.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Aug 12, 2007 05:28PM maryannecb wrote:

Hugs to Shelli and her loved ones.

Fists up!
Fists up! Dx 9/20/2005, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 2/14 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Aug 12, 2007 05:35PM Calico wrote:

Praying for Shelli !!!

God Bless
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics Dx DCIS/IDC, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+, HER2-

Aug 12, 2007 05:38PM VickiTN wrote:

Thanks for the update, Geeta.

I'll be sending extra prayers up daily for Shelli...and for her family.
love,
vicki

Aug 12, 2007 05:53PM DoreenF wrote:

thank you for the update Geeta - I've been worried since we haven't heard anytrhing since the latest surgery ... saying prayers and sending lots of postive energy out for Shelli. I

Doreen
"Cancer May Leave Your Body, but It Never Leaves Your Life" - Lance Armstrong Foundation Manifesto. Dx 4/18/2005, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 12, 2007 06:02PM lexi4 wrote:

Oh Shelli, I hope that you can feel the prayers and love being lifted up. I pray for healing and comfort for her and her family. She is a fighter and very brave.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi
Dx 8/22/2005, IBC, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Aug 12, 2007 06:07PM WendyV wrote:

Geeta - Hi honey, we've missed you. Thanks so much for the update on our dear Shelli.

Shelli, sweetheart, all my prayers are pouring out to you. Prayers for strength and healing for you and your family. Hold tight Shelli we are all here praying for you and sending all of our love and support. Your an amazing woman!
Hugs to you Shelli,
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 12, 2007 07:06PM - edited Mar 19, 2008 12:46PM by TenderIsOurMight

Shelli,

May you find, once again, that place of inner strength upon which you so often relied to get you through your troubles. Thrice touched in one month, then weakened by infection and dragged down by all having to be undone, your body is understandably and expectedly weak. May your Job-like strength slowly return again, yet for now, sleep long and hard to allow your immune cells heal the infection, and attack the cancer in it's own way. Sleep, Shelli, then eat, and rest some more. One day at a time, surrounded by loving souls.

Tender
It cannot be emphasized too strongly that treatment of each patient is a highly individualized matter. (FDA-approved labeling for warfarin (Coumadin) NDA 9-218/5-105)

Aug 12, 2007 07:10PM KariLynn wrote:

Thanks, Geeta. I'm sure this is hard for you too so I really appreciate you letting us know.

Kari
If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? Dx 6/2/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, 14/25 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 12, 2007 07:14PM katie11 wrote:

Dear Geeta,

Thanks for the update.

Please let Shelli know that she and her lovely family are in my thoughts as they face this latest setback in the ongoing battle with this dreadful disease together.

Hugs,

Katie xoxo
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 12, 2007 07:36PM LinTol wrote:

Geeta- Thanks for updating us. I will be praying hard for Shelli and her family.

Linda
Linda Dx 5/2006, IDC, Stage IV, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 12, 2007 07:39PM Sige wrote:

My heartfelt thoughts & prayers are going out to you Shelli...and hoping for peaceful days ahead for you and your family.

Gentle hugs,
Peggy
"Religion is about creation, and for that reason religion should be about the earth." - Laurie Cabot Surgery 3/25/2006 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Dx 4/3/2006, DCIS, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/22 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 8/1/2006 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2006

Aug 12, 2007 07:43PM MargaretB wrote:

Geeta, thanks for the update on Shelli. Prayers are being said for her and her family.

Margaret
Dx 12/23/04, Bilateral w/tram 3/10/05, DD chemo 5/12/05, finished 6/26/05

Aug 12, 2007 08:01PM Poppy wrote:

Geeta, thank you for the update on Shelli. I know this post must've been horrible for you to write but we really appreciate you for doing it. Shelli has always been such an inspiration to me and I am so angry and sad that she is having such a difficult time. I am heading off to bed now and she will be at the top of my prayer list. Hang in there Shelli and FIGHT! You are one of the strongest women I know and I love you.
xoxo
Erica

Aug 12, 2007 08:46PM 2timer wrote:

Thank you for posting the information. I will pray for Shelli and hope that she gets better quickly. I will also pray for her family.

Dx 3/19/2007, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, ER+/PR+ Radiation Therapy 6/25/2007 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/31/2007 Dx 7/2/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/27/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 10/23/2013 AC + T (Taxol)

Aug 12, 2007 09:24PM rue2u wrote:

Thank you, Geeta. I think of Shelli often. She sure does need a break from all of this and I hope and pray she is feeling better soon. I hope her family is doing well and we will definitely say prayers for them as well.

Rue

Aug 12, 2007 10:11PM spicecakeforever wrote:

many big prayers for shelli, karl, hunter, karalyn and olivia, with love and support to shelli's mom and dad and family.

thank you geeta for keeping this board in the loop.

and again, big prayers with lots of love and strength heading from california to ohio for our dear sister shelli...

Aug 12, 2007 10:55PM Kavy wrote:

Shelly, sending healing prayers your way. You are a fighter, and you will win this fight too. Hang in there. God bless you, and may He hold your hand and help you fight.
A big hug,
KarlaV.
Dx 4/7/2005, IBC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 1/19 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Aug 13, 2007 02:30AM fd411 wrote:

Shelli,

You and your family are in my prayers.

Ferne

Aug 13, 2007 02:56AM 73gr wrote:

Dear Shelli,

you and your family are in our prayers too....
My mother passed away on June 2011 from complications from brain and lung mets. Good bye and thank you for the fish! Dx 12/1/1991, Stage IV, 1/20 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Aug 13, 2007 04:51AM snufflesmom wrote:

Shelli,

Dear girl you have been through the ringer, I'm praying so hard that you find the strenght you need to rise above this.

Your in my prays. Hang in there........We love you

Randi

Aug 13, 2007 05:04AM Fitztwins wrote:

Thank you. Prayers for our Shelli.

Enjoy Every Sandwich. Dx 12/12/2004, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 1/18/2005 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 1/31/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 4/30/2005 Breast, Lymph nodes Targeted Therapy 5/31/2005 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2005 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2008 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 6/30/2008 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 6/14/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/4/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Aug 13, 2007 05:33AM Shepgirl wrote:

We are all here pulling for you! Lots of love to you and your family.

Dx 12/23/2004, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 2/22 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 3 (90 results)