Join Us

We are 217,648 members in 84 forums discussing 160,665 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Wish me luck....

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only. There is a separate forum For Family and Caregivers of People with a STAGE IV Diagnosis.

Posted on: Aug 13, 2007 11:32AM

ForTheMoment wrote:

I have my scans on Wednesday. Hate this part. If all goes well, we are leaving for England next week for a month to see my other half's family. Most of his family have not yet met our daughter. Every time we try to plan a trip, another cancer interuption seems to happen. Sooooo... really hoping this is the chance we've been waiting for.

Thanks all! Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (20 results)

Posts 1 - 20 (20 total)

Aug 13, 2007 11:44AM jacqniel wrote:

FTM - Prayers for wonderful scans AND no hurdles to block your trip - sounds wonderful. Please be sure to post pics and details of your trip!

Aug 13, 2007 12:06PM lexi4 wrote:

Prayers for good news this week. A trip far away sounds like it will be very nice! Thinking of you...

Hugs and Prayers,
lexi
Dx 8/22/2005, IBC, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Aug 13, 2007 01:15PM Kasey wrote:

Praying for you and wishing you luck! When will you get the results? I had scans last week and will get the results on Thursday when I see my Onc. I don't know what's worse, the scans or the waiting.

Hugs,
Kasey
Mets in liver, lungs, bones and chest nodes. Dx 2/25/2007, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Aug 13, 2007 01:38PM ForTheMoment wrote:

I hope to get the results by Friday. Usually takes a couple days. I know the onc office has it long before I get in to speak to him, so usually I call the nurses and get the news out of them. Hopefully that works this time, too. Otherwise... may not get the results until I'm in England and if I need to change something, it would have to wait. Sigh. So hard to schedule life around sickness.

Aug 13, 2007 01:47PM fd411 wrote:

I hope your scans come back OK you have a great time in England!

Ferne

Aug 13, 2007 01:47PM WendyV wrote:

Erin - I'm sending nothing but good thoughts about your scans tomorrow - I just hope you don't have to wait as long as you did the last time you had scans! I'm also putting in a special request that nothing stands in the way of your trip to England!
Take Care Erin!
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 13, 2007 02:00PM jonimb wrote:

All the Best to you ERIN....Have a wonderful trip!!

Joni, Chestermere, Alberta, Canada
Joni, Chestermere, AB, Canada, Today is the BEST day of my life EVER!! Dx 9/25/2006, IDC, 4cm, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 13, 2007 02:55PM LinTol wrote:

Good luck with those scans! I will be praying for you!

Have a great time on your trip.
Linda
Linda Dx 5/2006, IDC, Stage IV, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 13, 2007 05:26PM KariLynn wrote:

Good luck!

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? Dx 6/2/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, 14/25 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 13, 2007 07:36PM sportycath wrote:

Good luck with the scans but maybe the trip will go ahead whatever happens. Further treatment does not always mean you have to stay at home sooo just think of having a great time OS and put the scans to the back of your mind somewhere. Good luck! Cathy

Aug 13, 2007 08:17PM katie11 wrote:

Dear Erin,

The scans and the waiting are definitely the worst part of all of this and I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow and sending bucket loads of positive vibes your way for a fantastic outcome.

England, eh? How exciting! Where are you going to be visiting? Make sure you get to see some good sights while you're there. Oh, and be sure to pack an umbrella - you may have seen that half of England has been under water this summer, though the weather's better now apparently.

Good luck and have a wonderful break!

Hugs,

Katie xxx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 14, 2007 02:04PM ForTheMoment wrote:

Thanks all.. Would you believe they've cancelled my scan? Why you ask? Because stupid insurance companies don't really care if we are well or not! Apparently my insurance company is now questioning why I actually need the scan and will not approve it until they speak with my onc who is out of town until Monday. Sooo... Hmmmm... They are going to see if my onc's partner will approve it tomorrow, then scan on Thursday. Either way though, won't have results until Monday at the earliest. So.. we may hold off on booking the tickets for a few more days. I know we will probably go no matter what the results are, I just want to know where I stand before I go.

Anyway... on to other topics.. We will be visiting Manchester. That is where Steve's family lives. I have only been one other time when he flew me there for Christmas while we were dating. That time I was only there for 10 days and had a cold, so we didn't see much. Really hoping to leave Kayleigh with her English family and travel some. We plan on visiting Ireland while we are there, as well. Steve grew up in the U.K. (lived there until he was 27) and has still never been to Ireland... So tis time.

Anyway, thanks for all your warm wishes. It is thundering outside.. Think I'm going to go curl up on the couch with a good book and a glass of wine.

Love to all...

Aug 14, 2007 02:12PM WendyV wrote:

Erin - you have got to be freaking kidding!!! What an outrage! I think I'm going to nominate you for the winner of the worst luck with scans. First you have to wait weeks for results and now this! I am so sorry you have to go through this.

England and Ireland - how wonderful! And yes no matter what the scans show I think the vacation should go on - you don't want to miss such a wonderful opportunity - heck I wish I could go with you!

The glass of wine sounds good. I've been requested to french braid my daughter's hair and then I think I just might join you!

Take care - I hope the mess with the insurance company gets straightened out soon!

Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 14, 2007 02:29PM AusAla wrote:

Erin,

That just plain ol' stinks! Insurance companies....don't get me started...lol. I do hope that you will be able to get your scan this week. But by ALL means, book that trip!
It sounds wonderful....with built-in babysitting!!

Take care and you are in my thoughts and prayers,
Bethie
"I don't want to be in a battle, but waiting on the edge of one I can't escape is even worse! Pippin, Lord of the Ring: Return of the King Dx 5/13/2002, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 3/17 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 14, 2007 04:08PM Lovin_Life wrote:

Good luck Erin! Insurance companies are really a pain.

Aug 14, 2007 05:14PM LuAnnH wrote:

Geez Erin, I started reading the thread and was going to wish you luck, it seemed to detoriate as I kept reading. I wish insurance companies couldn't dictate our tests and tx. It just doesn't make sense in how they can demand things aren't done because it will cost them more money. Just makes me so mad! You pay premiums for a reason, in the event something happens, when it does they dump on you.

I hope you get off for your trip and enjoy it. Get away from cancer for a bit. I will be keeping my fingers crossed you are NED when you get those scans.

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 14, 2007 08:56PM katie11 wrote:

Boy, am I happy I live in a country where there are no insurance companies butting in and questioning everything! How frustrating for you! I don't understand how insurance companies could even doubt a doctor's decision to order scans like this. I hope this gets sorted out really quickly, Erin and that you are able to get your (excellent) results quickly and get those tickets booked to Manchester. It's a a great city and Ireland is stunning - you lucky chuck!

Take a deep breath - onwards and upwards, sweetie!

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 15, 2007 03:51AM ForTheMoment wrote:

Thanks all!

We are going on the trip for sure. We've decided we can't keep waiting to live while we work around this disease. I'm sick of giving it that much power. Soooo.... hopefully if any changes need made in my treatment they can wait a month or so.

Thanks again!!

Aug 15, 2007 04:11AM jacqniel wrote:

You go girl! And I mean that literally!
Hugs, Jacque

Aug 15, 2007 05:33AM katie11 wrote:

Yea! That's the spirit! I bet those relatives in Manchester can't wait to give that gorgeous little girl of yours a huge cuddle. That girl's got some serious attention coming her way and there's a pint of guiness waiting for you and Steve in Ireland - yum! I'm so jealous!

Have fun!

Katie xx

Page 1 of 1 (20 results)