Join Us

We are 217,522 members in 84 forums discussing 160,607 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Good News on scans

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only. There is a separate forum For Family and Caregivers of People with a STAGE IV Diagnosis.

Posted on: Aug 13, 2007 04:37PM

LinTol wrote:

Abraxane/Avastin seems to be working. Although I have not had avastin in 4 weeks, that's another story.

After 3 cycles, the MRI shows "slight decrease in size of lesions" I think it was more than slight. One lesion was 2.8 cm and is down to 1.2 cm, the other was 1.5 cm and is down to .8 cm. Also noted "No new lesions are identified." Those 2 sentences made my day!!

I also had RFA in Sept 2006, so it says that that area is not significantly changed.

Although I am very happy to receive this news, I am afraid to share it with too many people because of the ups and downs of this disease. Anyway, I am very very happy for the moment!!!

I sure hope that some of you ladies will want to share NED with me some time in the near future!

Positive thoughts going out to all!!
Linda
Linda Dx 5/2006, IDC, Stage IV, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Aug 13, 2007 04:47PM Anita1969 wrote:

Great to hear your good news!!!

Anita

Aug 13, 2007 04:48PM fd411 wrote:

Linda,

That's good news!

Congratulations!

Aug 13, 2007 04:50PM WendyV wrote:

Linda - holy cow girl -share the good news!!!! I know it is hard, you don't want to get to excited because there is always the unknown coupled with people just not understanding all of this stuff!!!! But Linda.....you need to CELEBRATE!!! What incredible news - those puppies have shown 50% reduction, that is way more then a slight change - silly radiologist!! And no new spots, baby I'm dancing for you right now!!! So Linda Celebrate, Celebrate ,dance to the music......
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 13, 2007 06:14PM Lisa40 wrote:

Share your news and celebrate. I'm so happy for you. Here is to even better news on your next scan and being NED. Lisa

Aug 13, 2007 10:29PM katie11 wrote:

Dear Linda,

I'm here doing a little celebratory dance right now for you. What wonderful news and DEFINITELY something worth celebrating AND sharing!

Katie xxx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 14, 2007 05:43AM jacqniel wrote:

Yahooooo! So EXCITED for you!!!!!!!!
Jacque

Aug 14, 2007 06:01AM jansdaughter wrote:

Linda, share that news. Let EVERYONE be happy for you too so they can keep those NED prayers going....It means too much not to share it. I remember celebrating everytime mom got good news. It was a wonderful feeling.

I am so happy for you! Dianne

Aug 14, 2007 06:48AM omlivewbc wrote:

So happy for you. What wonderful news! Yes, do continue sharing. Claim it, girl! :-)

Olivia

Aug 14, 2007 07:26PM LuAnnH wrote:

great news!

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)