Join Us

We are 217,588 members in 84 forums discussing 160,642 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: ? about bone mets and clinical trials

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only. There is a separate forum For Family and Caregivers of People with a STAGE IV Diagnosis.

Posted on: Aug 16, 2007 06:05PM

Lisa40 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was hoping those of you that are er+/pr+ and have bone mets could answer some ?s for me. I have a friend in GA that was just diagnosed with bone mets and is looking into clinical trials. Are any of you doing a trial and if so what drugs are you doing? If you aren't doing a trial what drugs did your onc. prescribe? Thanks for your help! Lisa Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Aug 16, 2007 06:27PM ming wrote:

Hi Lisa - I live in GA like your friend. I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago with bone mets at same time we found out about primary breast cancer. I was put on femara as an anti-estrogen treatment and zometa to strenghten bone and fight prgression in mets. After 20 months on femara I had some progression and am now on faslodex along with the zometa. The plan is to work the estrogen deprivers??? before moving to stronger chemo agents. There is a clinical trial in AL for avastin plus hormonal after 6 months good results with hormonal and progression after 6 months to add avastin. That's the only clinical trial I know of. I want to research that myself.

I have been to see Dr. Modi at Sloan-Kettering in addition to my local onc and she gave me a website to research clinical trials http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials.

Don't know if this is a help - maybe you could tell us what her history is. Maybe you can get her to come online with us. How is she doing with all this?
Ming - my grandmother name Dx 10/17/2005, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 16, 2007 06:35PM jacqniel wrote:

Lisa - when I was first diagnosed I was put on faslodex and Aredia. Because of progression with my other met - mal. plueral effusion - I had to switch to abraxane, avastin and aredia. Good luck to your friend. If she has the Faslodex it was very tolerable for me.

Aug 16, 2007 10:52PM MREanes wrote:

Lisa,

I am a male and I had TAC and radiation originally. Afterwards, I was on Tamoxifen until bone mets were found. After several surgeries, I was on Xeloda, Zometa and Femera. Since more spots showed up, I am now on Abraxane, Avastin and Zometa. No hormone therapy for now. Maybe after I finish chemo.

My treatment is not part of a trial.

Best wishes to you and your friend,
Mike

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)