We are 196,347 members in 81 forums discussing 144,710 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY → Topic: MRI - liver & Bone Scan - hip

Topic: MRI - liver & Bone Scan - hip

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only. There is a separate forum For Family and Caregivers of People with a STAGE IV Diagnosis.

Posted on: Aug 26, 2007 10:39AM

jonimb wrote:

Hello all:

I have my two big scans again this week. Tomorrow is my MRI for my liver and on Tuesday I have my bone scan. I had taken FEC and it had shrunk my liver met from 1.5 cm to 3mm. My last MRI/bone scan was May 1, and since then I have been on only Tamoxifen & Clondronate.

I am so worried about tomorrow and going thru that crazy Scansiety again.

Any words of wisdom would definitely be welcome.

Big hugs to all,

Joni, Chestermere, Alberta, Canada
Joni, Chestermere, AB, Canada, Today is the BEST day of my life EVER!! Dx 9/25/2006, IDC, 4cm, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (10 results)

Posts 1 - 10 (10 total)

Aug 26, 2007 10:51AM jacqniel wrote:

Prayers for peace and comfort as you take your tests and await your tests. Also, prayers that you are even closer if not already dancing with that wonderful NED!

Aug 26, 2007 11:18AM Kasey wrote:

Joni,

I'll be thinking about you this week. I know just how you feel, I just hate scans too. Its weird how different Oncs do different scans, mine always does CT and PET scans.

Hugs,
Kasey
Mets in liver, lungs, bones and chest nodes. Dx 2/25/2007, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Aug 26, 2007 02:52PM WendyV wrote:

Joni - I think all I can do is send some big hugs to you - I don't have any words of wisdom on the horrible way "scan time" makes any of us feel. I will have my scans for liver and bone mets on Sept. 21st and I'm already starting to feel anxious. I don't think it ever gets any easier, but know that we are all here to hold your hand as you have your scans and wait for results. Prayers for strength, courage and peace - and of course awesome news! I'll be thinking about you!
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 26, 2007 03:13PM katie11 wrote:

Joni,

Scan time is the worst part of all of this - it's always so worrying (especially the waiting for results). Please know that you will be in my thoughts this week and that I am sending you loads of positive vibes for a great outcome.

Hugs,

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 26, 2007 03:21PM LuAnnH wrote:

Sending you lots of good thoughts and vibes for excellent scan results!

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 27, 2007 08:36AM Maya1 wrote:

Hi Joni,
It seems we're on the same schedule re scans. I went for my CT results today. Good news - the one liver tumour has shrunk again, bone mets are stable and the "scar tissue" in my breast is no longer detectable. My onc ordered a bone scan for 3 months time.
Hopefully you'll have good results too. As you know, tamoxifen worked really well for me. With such a small tumour you could be looking at NED re the liver mets.
I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.
Pray to God but row for shore..... Russian proverb Dx 6/30/2004, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 27, 2007 03:03PM jacqniel wrote:

Great news, Bernice. Keep on keeping on. Hugs, Jacque

Aug 27, 2007 03:43PM jonimb wrote:

Hi all,

Had a horrible day as they could NOT get an IV in me for the contrast part of the MRI. They had 3 different people, and they poked me 4 times. The last time they thought they had a vein, but it blew up. Anyways, they took some pics, but no contrasting pics, so I don't know if they'll have to do it again or not. My veins are all shot from chemo.

I got very upset and started crying like a ninny. I felt so bad for the people there, they were really kind to me.

I think sometimes I just cry over everything.

Big hugs to all...Joni
Joni, Chestermere, AB, Canada, Today is the BEST day of my life EVER!! Dx 9/25/2006, IDC, 4cm, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 27, 2007 07:19PM katie11 wrote:

Hi Joni,

This is so horrible when this happens! I'm not surprised you cried - I would have done the same - and it's also pretty painful when they are trying to root around for a decent vein.

I'm so sorry and hope you are feeling better today!

Hugs,

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 29, 2007 07:55AM Maya1 wrote:

Joni,
Well, P**P! It's horrible when they can't get a vein! Don't worry about the crying - I've done that too.
I really hope you don't have to undergo another scan. Once
when I had a CT they had the volume turned down on the instructions re when to hold you breath, but the scan came out ok anyway.
When do you get your results? Keep us posted.
As always, you're in my prayers.
Pray to God but row for shore..... Russian proverb Dx 6/30/2004, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (10 results)