We are 196,647 members in 81 forums discussing 144,825 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY → Topic: Loved the show, still hate the title. Sexy?

Topic: Loved the show, still hate the title. Sexy?

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only. There is a separate forum For Family and Caregivers of People with a STAGE IV Diagnosis.

Posted on: Aug 29, 2007 02:41PM

joanne1428 wrote:

Huh....

Can any person name me even one measley SEXY thing about cancer? In my wildest imagination, I can't think of a thing.

Can anyone enligten me?

At any rate, I thougt it was beautifully filmed and very sensitive to different cancers and different choices. I went in expecting to be irritated, but I wwas not, and I was impressed by the final message learned by Oni, the woman with advanced breast cancer. To live with our cancer and not be in constant battle. Tough concept.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.....

Joanne
My hopes are not always realized but I always hope - Ovid Dx 4/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/33 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Aug 29, 2007 08:07PM Sandra1957 wrote:

"Sexy women are confident and powerful gals who speak their truth."

Loved it, too. Bittersweet.
I'm always steppin' in and out of crap!

Aug 29, 2007 09:21PM RobinWendy wrote:

I was also dubious about the name of the movie.. but I think she felt it was miraculous that she could have cancer and still feel sexy. I really enjoyed the movie and felt it captured so much of the inner and outer cancer experience. I, too, went to Dana-Farber and it really resonated when her family was driving her to Boston. I even recognized some of the rooms she was in. I truly felt that she was describing my life at times, even though I am married and much older than Krista. I hope she remains stable for the next 60 years!!

Robin
dx Stage II primary BC in Jan. 2001;dx with DCIS on other breast in Jan. 2003; dx with mets to lungs in Jan. 2004 and in May 2007, mets spread to liver. Dx ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 29, 2007 10:44PM rue2u wrote:

Just watched it last night. What a great film. It just took me back on how focused you are at the time of diagnosis and the decisions to be made. Just goes to show you that there are so many of us walking around with cancer and many times you wouldn't know it unless we reveal it. I could really relate even though I am quite a bit older than her. I hope she can stay ahead of cancer and I wish her a long life.

Rue

Aug 29, 2007 10:46PM Candyce wrote:

We don't have that channel but were recently overnight in a hotel that did. I said exactly what you did: What in the world is sexy about breast cancer? I didn't see the show though.

Candyce
Candyce

Aug 29, 2007 10:51PM jacqniel wrote:

Kris explained the title on her blog that it wasn't the cancer that was sexy, but the women who were battling it.
I loved the documentary. I hadn't intended to watch the whole thing, but got sucked in and couldn't stop watching.

Aug 29, 2007 11:06PM badboob67 wrote:

Well, duh....I was all fired up to watch it and.....BOOM! My estrogen deprived scatterbrain thought it wasn't on until tonight.

When you're down to nothing, GOD is up to something! bb67.wikispaces.com/ Dx 2/15/2006, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 24/27 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 29, 2007 11:34PM Tracy1964 wrote:

hey badbood how are uou doing? havant seen you in ages .

Aug 29, 2007 11:46PM LuAnnH wrote:

In the book she said explains the title, here is the excerpt from her book:

"....Cancer connected me to women I would never have met otherise: women who undertood me in a way that on one else could. Some of them even let me film their stories for my documentary, which I named Crazy Sexy Cancer. The name concerned some people at first. Was I being flip, disrespectful, inappropriate? No. I still had a sense of humor, which I wasn't going to amputate just because there suddely was this really serious thing in my life. I didn't want to lose myself. I was still crazy, sexy (sometimes), curious, silly and struggling. Poiking fun at cancer helped me cope with it."

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 29, 2007 11:47PM badboob67 wrote:

Tracy...
See my little rant/pity party post. How are YOU doing?
When you're down to nothing, GOD is up to something! bb67.wikispaces.com/ Dx 2/15/2006, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 24/27 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)