We are 196,647 members in 81 forums discussing 144,825 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY → Topic: prayers needed for my mom

Topic: prayers needed for my mom

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only. There is a separate forum For Family and Caregivers of People with a STAGE IV Diagnosis.

Posted on: Aug 31, 2007 07:29AM

Douglass wrote:

Hello,
I have posted twice before about my mother. She has breast cancer that went to her liver, lungs and lining of stomach. This week was not good. She went into the hospital. Tests have shown that the cancer has spread more in the abdominal area. She was in a lot of pain but now is on meds for the pain and she will get her abdomin drained 2 times a week. She is going to take one more chemo treatment on Sept 11th but the doctor does not think this will help.

I would like to ask that you pray for my mother. I know things are bleak but I do believe in the power of prayer. So if you could pray for things to turn around in positive direction I would be grateful. Her name is Claudette.
Thank you,
Charlene Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (10 results)

Posts 1 - 10 (10 total)

Aug 31, 2007 07:38AM lexi4 wrote:

Saying prayers for your mom, Charlene. Please let her know that we are thinking of her. She isn't alone in this fight.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi
Dx 8/22/2005, IBC, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Aug 31, 2007 07:42AM boobbuster wrote:

Claudette-
I've prayed for your Mom and for you. Know that the Lord is with you and that he is able to heal your Mother. The doctor's can say no but the Lord can say Yes. I pray that what ever the outcome, that the Lord will give you peace, and understanding of his will for you and your family. God is able, Stephanie

Aug 31, 2007 08:20AM ForTheMoment wrote:

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! Don't lose hope.

Aug 31, 2007 08:42AM badboob67 wrote:

Charlene,
You can absolutely count on my prayers for you and your mom, Claudette. As Stephanie said, God IS able and hears our prayers.
When you're down to nothing, GOD is up to something! bb67.wikispaces.com/ Dx 2/15/2006, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 24/27 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 31, 2007 11:15AM SoCalNancy wrote:

Douglass,
Sending prayers for your mom, Claudette, and also for you and your family. Stay strong, and please keep us posted.
God Bless,
Nancy
In order to see the rainbow, you must first endure the rain.

Aug 31, 2007 02:30PM katie11 wrote:

Charlene,

Please know that both you and your wonderful mom are in my thoughts - never give up hope, sweetie!

Katie xxx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Sep 1, 2007 04:32AM Douglass wrote:

Thank you all for your prayers. Mom is taking a variety of meds now to keep her comfortable. She has been able to eat which is good. She is also very alert.

I will keep you up to date. Please know that I also keep all of you in my prayers each day.
Thank you,
Charlene

Sep 1, 2007 04:49AM snicklefritz wrote:

Charlene: My thoughts and prayers with you and your family. Mary Jane

Sep 1, 2007 06:05AM jacqniel wrote:

I have said a prayer of healing for your mom, and for strength and comfort for you and your family. Jacque

Sep 1, 2007 08:30AM LANEF wrote:

Charlene,
I am praying for your mother and you as well. May you both find strength and comfort. I pray that your mom can beat this. Their have been many times that the Dr.s did not think that my mom would be able to pull through and she is still here! Miracles can and do happen. One thing I have learned is that you can never give up hope! This awful disease is like a roller coaster with it's up's and downs. I know it is hard...but don't ever give up hope.
You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Page 1 of 1 (10 results)