Topic: Halaven - Day 1

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Dec 14, 2010 03:05PM

Posted on: Dec 14, 2010 03:05PM

PJB wrote:

So, I'm the first person on this newly approved chemo at my med center. Lots of people who told me side effects.... They had a fancy dinner put on by the drug company last night so they all would know about it... :) Funny, no one gave ME steak and shrimp.  

Anyway, got hooked up to some saline as usual (altho, my onc's nurse wasn't sure why. She suggested since they charge so much, they had to do something... Apparently, it's unnecessary) The drug itself comes in a little syringe and they put it into the line over 5 minutes. Then, unhook you and you're done. All told, getting hooked up and waiting for pharmacy to get the drug over, etc., took about 30 minutes. 

Main SE's are neuropathy (have it, thanks to Ixempra), drop in blood counts (they say to plan on it next week), hair loss (already have that...), they'll watch liver enzymes (they're up from when I had my last Ixempra, but not too bad and tumor markers are the same... 

So, we'll see... I'll let you guys know what comes up down the road. I'll have it again next week, then a week off. Hopefully, it'll kill cancer like gangbusters.

Thanks for all your good wishes,

Paula 

May 2004, Stage 2 IDC. Recurrence in 2005. On Femara til mets diagnosis in Feb 2009. On Faslodex 8/11. Brain mets in April 2012. Progression in liver 6/12. On to Etoposide. Dx mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 292 of 292 (2,915 results)

Apr 12, 2022 05:45AM denny10 wrote:

Hi Sadiesservant, it's sad we have had to stop, I had hopes of getting a year out of halaven.

I am sorry you are having pain ,it really drags you down . I had radiation on a spine met that was compressing a nerve and giving me pain in my shoulder blade. Luckily it resolved, because I was taking opiods for a while ,they were the only thing that suppressed the pain. I hope you you get some relief soon.

12/2021 Stage IV TN Dx 2007, Left, Stage IIB, HER2- Dx 12/2013, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs/other, ER+ Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 9, 2022 01:15PM denny10 wrote:

I have seen my Oncologist and after looking at my last biopsy he has decided that Trodlevy is the next treatment for me!

Good wishes to anyone still getting halaven.

12/2021 Stage IV TN Dx 2007, Left, Stage IIB, HER2- Dx 12/2013, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs/other, ER+ Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 4, 2022 10:38PM nopink2019 wrote:

I had 1st Halaven infusion 4 days ago. I found this thread and read everything posted 2022. MO said positive reaction was 60%, but I'm not getting any warm, fuzzies on its success. So many seem to go off after 3 months with progression. Maybe the nickname for this one should be "Hail Mary"? Also hair loss seems prevalent, not 50/50 chance. But I'd take bald (for 3rd time) to have stable tumors.Any succss stories to share?

Chemotherapy 8/23/2019 Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 11/13/2019 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 11/13/2019 Kisqali Hormonal Therapy 5/10/2021 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 5/10/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Chemotherapy 11/28/2021 Other Chemotherapy 6/1/2022 translation missing: en.treatments.chemotherapy.chemotherapy_regimen.options.short_drugs.microtubules_inhibitor.halaven Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxotere)

Jul 24, 2022 11:21AM nopink2019 wrote:

So, bald it is. I also find that I have no appetite. Continue losing weight which drains my energy too. Don't know if lack of interest & motivation is caused by lack of energy or mental fatigue.

Chemotherapy 8/23/2019 Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 11/13/2019 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 11/13/2019 Kisqali Hormonal Therapy 5/10/2021 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 5/10/2021 Afinitor (everolimus) Chemotherapy 11/28/2021 Other Chemotherapy 6/1/2022 translation missing: en.treatments.chemotherapy.chemotherapy_regimen.options.short_drugs.microtubules_inhibitor.halaven Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxotere)

Jul 24, 2022 11:44AM 50sgirl wrote:

Nopink, I noticed that you had posted to this thread and remembered how few people were on Halaven when I was. It can be disappointing when no one else contributes. I am in the same boat now that I am on Ixempra, so I decided to share my Halaven experience with you. I was on the treatment for 6 or 7 months. It was working, but I had a rare painful SE and had to come off of it. (I had severe joint pain and had to use a walker and was unable to grasp things such as toothbrush and eating utensils with my hands.) The SE gradually went away within 6 weeks of stopping Halaven. I was disappointed that I had to change treatment. I think that I would have stayed on Halaven for a long time. it was working and other than one severe bout of mouth sores and the the joint pain, it was an easily tolerated treatment for me. I hope it works for you for a long time. Oh, and yes, I went totally bald for the third time while on Havalen. Ixempra makes it four times! Things could be worse. Good luck. I will be pulling for you.

Lynn

Dx 6/5/2015, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/10/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 8/9/2016, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 8/10/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 8/31/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 7/3/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy 10/2/2018 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 2/11/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 11/12/2019 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 11/13/2019 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 12/27/2019 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy 3/8/2020 Adriamycin (doxorubicin) Targeted Therapy 2/6/2021 Verzenio Chemotherapy 4/13/2021 Halaven (eribulin) Chemotherapy 9/30/2021 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Methotrexate (Amethopterin, Mexate, Folex) Chemotherapy 2/11/2022 translation missing: en.treatments.chemotherapy.chemotherapy_regimen.options.short_drugs.epithilone.ixempra

Page 292 of 292 (2,915 results)

Scroll to top button