Topic: The solution to painful intercourse!!!!!! Yipeee!

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Oct 11, 2011 02:15PM

Posted on: Oct 11, 2011 02:15PM

LivingIt wrote:

Like so many of us, chemo, hormones and surgery have made my marital relations very very painful. Since all this started my DH and I have tried a total of 4 times over 2 years. That is soo sad I know. But it was so very painful I bled for 2 days after try number 3. Then I decided I wanted to try again cause Im so crazy about this guy. We had a date night and I did two things that ended up making me feel like I was 21 again (or a newly wed or however you want to think about it).

1) Scream Cream (thanks K-Lo)

2) 5% Lidocaine Ointment.

The first brings blood to the area and hightens sensation like you cant believe. The second makes the tearing pain DISAPPEAR!!!!

To get scream cream I brought this page to my onc and he wrote the script and I paid about $30. The lidocaine was perscribed for my neuropathic feet so it was free/insurance. 

I wish I could go back in time. I wish I could tell everybody who ever got chemo. I hope you try it if you have this problem.  

Zoh - Don't Postpone Joy!!!! 11/07 AC +Taxotere, then Tamoxifen x2yrs. Aromasin x 6 months, Taxotere x 1.5 yrs, Abraxane 2months, Tamoxifen 1 month, Xeloda Diva x 1 month crazy progression - Gemzar/Faslodex/Xgeva Dx 11/11/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 68 (680 results)

Oct 11, 2011 02:36PM Kathy36 wrote:

Wow! Thanks for this. Is Scream Cream the medical name? What name would the oncologist call in when she prescribes? And do you apply all this externally, or internally?

Oct 11, 2011 03:39PM CoolBreeze wrote:

I have had the same problem, poor hubby.  Now I'm in no shape to try but someday.....so what is "Scream Cream" and is there a clinical name for it? I'm not asking my doctor for that.  I have lidocaine for my port - do you put that inside, or what?

Ann's cancer blog: www.butdoctorihatepink.com .....multicentric/multifocal IDC/ILC+DCIS/LCIS/ADH Official dx? "Your breast was a mess." ~UniMastectomy/Chemo/Herceptin/Tamoxifen/Recon Almost Done! Oh wait. mets to liver 5/21/11 Now Stage IV Dx 8/17/2009, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Oct 11, 2011 04:37PM Annie4 wrote:

Yes, need to know more!! I have the same prob. Havent had sex in so long - my poor sweet husband!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Dx 10/25/2004, ILC, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 11, 2011 04:42PM MaryjRN wrote:

Hi ladies,

I'm definitely interested in both products. Is EMLA cream the same as lidocaine?  i used the EMLA for by SNB and I have a tube of it left.

Chemo done! Tamoxifen for 2 1/2 years, then Femara for 5. Start rads 12/27/11 Dx 6/23/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 11, 2011 04:45PM Cafelovr wrote:

Thanks for bringing up what I was too embarrassed to. Interesting!

Linda J Dx 10/19/2009, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 3, 2/2 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 11/23/2009 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 1/22/2010 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 4/4/2010 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 5/4/2010 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/10/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 12/28/2011 Reconstruction (left): Latissimus dorsi flap, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap, Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/28/2013 Prophylactic ovary removal

Oct 11, 2011 04:50PM NannaBaby wrote:

Sorry to peek on this stage 4 thread... for those that are annoyed...

I have discovered Astroglide lube and it's amazing!!! Specifically the green label that claims to be paraben free and glycerin free.

I have tried a bunch of lubes, and nothing compares to this one! I am so happy my good friend bought me this lube for me! I swear they should offer it at the cancer clinics!

NannyBaby, dx May 2010 at age 28. Neo-Chemo AC+Taxotere, surgery uMx, 25 Tomo rads, more chemo Cisplatin+Vinorelbine. Dx 5/28/2010, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/3/2010 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/13/2010 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/19/2011 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes Chemotherapy 3/31/2011 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Navelbine (vinorelbine) Surgery 7/12/2012 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap

Oct 11, 2011 04:51PM Enjoyful wrote:

Details, please!!

BENGHAZI! Dx 9/2004, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/28/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 11, 2011 05:13PM jenn3 wrote:

Yes, more info please.  My onc is so straight laced and clinical I think if I asked for Scream Cream he would first, turn red, second stumble on his words and third, ask for the clinical name.  I remember asking for the Magic Mouthwash and he said he didn't know what it was and prescribed me something else.  It turns out what he prescribed was the same thing.  And......lidocaine, inside? outside? both?

My DH is so patient with me and will wait long periods without.  It's hard for both him and me knowing how painful it is and knowing it'll bleed.  Ahhhhhhh the joys of BC.

Jenn - June 2009 IDC-TN, Stage III, 02/2011 Stage IV mets to the lungs & spine / Laugh until your belly hurts, then laugh some more...........

Oct 11, 2011 05:36PM NannaBaby wrote:

More details about astroglide???

It's the liquid glycerin and paraben free kind I tried, not the natural one. 

http://www.astroglide.com/product-glycerin-and-paraben-free-astroglide.html

They don't provide samples of the one I tried, but they are providing free samples of the natural kind on their website! Trust me, the glycerin and paraben free kind is well worth the $7 and it's available in wal-mart.

http://www.astroglide.com/product-astroglide-natural.html

NannyBaby, dx May 2010 at age 28. Neo-Chemo AC+Taxotere, surgery uMx, 25 Tomo rads, more chemo Cisplatin+Vinorelbine. Dx 5/28/2010, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/3/2010 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/13/2010 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/19/2011 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes Chemotherapy 3/31/2011 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Navelbine (vinorelbine) Surgery 7/12/2012 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap

Oct 11, 2011 05:57PM Del11 wrote:

I've tried the lidocaine and a lubricant, but the tearing still happens.  Did the other cream prevent the tearing for you?

Page 1 of 68 (680 results)

Scroll to top button