Topic: The solution to painful intercourse!!!!!! Yipeee!

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Oct 11, 2011 02:15PM

Posted on: Oct 11, 2011 02:15PM

LivingIt wrote:

Like so many of us, chemo, hormones and surgery have made my marital relations very very painful. Since all this started my DH and I have tried a total of 4 times over 2 years. That is soo sad I know. But it was so very painful I bled for 2 days after try number 3. Then I decided I wanted to try again cause Im so crazy about this guy. We had a date night and I did two things that ended up making me feel like I was 21 again (or a newly wed or however you want to think about it).

1) Scream Cream (thanks K-Lo)

2) 5% Lidocaine Ointment.

The first brings blood to the area and hightens sensation like you cant believe. The second makes the tearing pain DISAPPEAR!!!!

To get scream cream I brought this page to my onc and he wrote the script and I paid about $30. The lidocaine was perscribed for my neuropathic feet so it was free/insurance. 

I wish I could go back in time. I wish I could tell everybody who ever got chemo. I hope you try it if you have this problem.  

Zoh - Don't Postpone Joy!!!! 11/07 AC +Taxotere, then Tamoxifen x2yrs. Aromasin x 6 months, Taxotere x 1.5 yrs, Abraxane 2months, Tamoxifen 1 month, Xeloda Diva x 1 month crazy progression - Gemzar/Faslodex/Xgeva Dx 11/11/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 5 of 68 (680 results)

Oct 27, 2011 08:43PM jancie wrote:

I printed out the recipe to scream cream weeks ago and I can't wait to give it to my "male" oncologist next week when I see him!

He knows there is a problem because I have discussed this with him for 2 years now.  He sent me to a gynocologist who sent me to a urologist and here we are - nothing resolved until NOW!  I am hopeful and maintaining a positive attitude that Zoh's Goop will work for me.

I will let ya'll know.

Never Alone - My TaTa Sisters are always with me! Dx 12/30/2008, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 27, 2011 08:48PM scuttlers wrote:

I was also scared to tell my onc so I printed out the "formula" from google search and a pharmacy page about it. Gave it to the nurse to give to onc before he came in. They were really funny. She called local pharmacies and rather than say the name, she read the formula to the pharmacist. The pharmacist said, "does she want earplugs with that" and laughed. The nurse said,"oh, guess you've heard of it". Pharmacist said, "yes, several local patients swear by it". So hopefully, tomorrow I will be able to pick it up. The onc made me promise to let him know if it works as he said at least 80% of his patients would be interested. Just wish they would change the name.

Tomorrow night, steak dinner, ice wine and dark chocolate, and .....

My favorite side effect of treatments is BEING ALIVE! Dx 2/4/2009, IBC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 11/17 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Oct 28, 2011 10:50AM lulubee wrote:

Scuttlers... thanks for my first belly laugh of the day!  Oh man... earplugs... now that's just funny!  Is it just awful that we all want you to let us know how it goes tonight?  Umm, we'll let you decide!

Zoe, when you market Zoe's Goop Cocktail, for my naming rights I would like... uhhh, let's see... Oh, who am I kidding, forget percentages and just send me a dozen cases!  Surely then the lulubee could get her buzz back...?

~lulubee 

PS.  Oh -- bahaha!  It just struck me how wickedly appropriate it is to call this stuff a "cocktail" -- get it?  GET it???  heh heh heh.

8/07: ILC & IDC, multi-focal/multicentric, ER+PR+ Her2-, no nodes. BMX+lat flap. 10/10: STAGE IV ILC bones, ovary & pericardium. 12/13 progression: bones & bile duct. 12/16 progression: bones & pericardium. 8/18 progression: bones. Hormonal Therapy 11/5/2010 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 11/5/2010 Hormonal Therapy 1/31/2012 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy 5/14/2012 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 5/14/2012 Afinitor (everolimus) Chemotherapy 9/30/2013 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy 3/12/2019 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 3/12/2019 Verzenio Targeted Therapy 9/23/2020 Piqray (alpelisib) Chemotherapy 3/3/2022 Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy translation missing: en.treatments.chemotherapy.chemotherapy_regimen.options.short_drugs.microtubules_inhibitor.halaven

Oct 28, 2011 11:16AM MaryjRN wrote:

Oh, I am loving this thread!  Laughing

So, a pharmacy would definitely know it as Scream Cream?  And not a generic( re: chemical)  cream of some sort?

I did try the Astroglide Natural.  It is much better than KY.

And *threadjack alert*  

Scuttlers..I love your quote in your siggy... 'My favorite side effect of treatments is BEING ALIVE!'  That line, seriously, made me stop in my tracks.  Thanks

Chemo done! Tamoxifen for 2 1/2 years, then Femara for 5. Start rads 12/27/11 Dx 6/23/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 28, 2011 02:09PM ckptry wrote:

Hi all - Does the onc actually write scream cream on the script? Our sex life is nonexistent and I feel abd for my dh.

"Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts - it's what you do with what you have left." Hubert Humphrey after cancer surgery Dx 6/9/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 2/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Oct 28, 2011 03:25PM scuttlers wrote:

That is exactly what is written on the jar. The onc wrote out the "formula" on the script. And (not really a surprise), the insurance denied payment. (It was fairly cheap, so I paid.). I am going to fight for reimbursement!

My favorite side effect of treatments is BEING ALIVE! Dx 2/4/2009, IBC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 11/17 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Oct 28, 2011 05:47PM K-Lo wrote:

I asked the pharmacist if there was another serious name I could call it when getting refill. She said the doctor who created it tried calling it dream cream but people thought it was for sleep. So it is scream cream, close your windows.

Kathy Dx 8/30/2010, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, 8/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 28, 2011 06:31PM Iwillwinthisbattle wrote:

Seriously....you ladies rock it!! Where else can one get this sort of valuable information!!??!!??

Stage IV IDC 4/2011. (2 small mets to back, 2 small mets to liver) ER/PR+, HER-, BRCA-. 6 doses of A/C-done-8//2011. 2/20/12---NED!!!! What an amazing gift!!! Fighting hard to win this battle!!! Enough with awareness, it's time for a cure!!!!

Oct 29, 2011 07:59AM REKoz wrote:

More seriously ladies...this issue is so HUGE among every estrogen deprived woman on the planet! Whether it be through natural menopause or in the breast cancer community. I'm guessing it is so much more pressing to us because..well geeze...haven't we been through ENOUGH already?  Having lost all or part of our breasts has for many meant the loss of a level of sexual satisfaction never to be obtained again. As I had just arrived to the ranks of post menopausal when diagnosed, I suppose I would have had to deal with some of this anyway. I really grieve for you younger sisters deprived of such a natural living function so soon. Factor in the fact that as Apple so aptly described, our complete lack of desire or "sexual autism," and it's bye bye to not just attitude, but ABILITY to engage in what is really up there in importance as part of the human experience. Not just our own but our poor husbands as well. That this issue  also permeates through the core of our marriage/relationship really does require more attention both physically and emotionally for all concerned.

I am by no means a feminist crusader- I was a stay at home Mom if that helps to bring that point home! But I really do believe that this experience has made me understand better the need for feminist movement. We have made but a tiny dent in the male dominated medical field. This became abundantly clear to me during the reconstruction process. Oh how I wish I had the option of a woman plastic surgeon! I fired my first beyond egotistical, incapable of compassion and technically incompetent male surgeon. While pleased with the skill and the capability of human discourse present in his male replacement, there was still that gender disconnect. After all, I did have to have a second exchange because my first implants were too friggin big!!  And my top notch, wonderfully skilled and compassionate Oncologist does his best to try to understand and help alleviate some of these issues. But again, he can't possibly "get it" in the same way. I think the closest he (or any male) could ever come to understanding is if their wives/partners suffered our same fate.

My Goodness, I didn't realize there was this much in me to create such a rant! I must be sexually frustrated Wink I apologize- even more so for inadvertently hijacking this thread. I shall climb down from my soapbox now and end with the question that got me going on this post to begin with. Short of wishing ill will on the spouses/so's of our male providers, or spearheading a drive to get more young women into the field, how can we highlight this issue so it really gets the attention and serious consideration it deserves?

BMX 11/08, Abraxane/Carbo/x4 1/09 Herceptin until 1/10, Recon w expanders-1st exchange Dec. 09. Revision from 700 Style 20 to 600 Style 45-Oct 10 Dx 10/16/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Oct 29, 2011 08:05AM REKoz wrote:

I forgot to give KUDOS to OP for sharing a new and excitinng (pun intended) option for us. I have between now and December 23 to figure out how to approach my very proper Onc. to write me a script without actually having to say "scream cream!"

BMX 11/08, Abraxane/Carbo/x4 1/09 Herceptin until 1/10, Recon w expanders-1st exchange Dec. 09. Revision from 700 Style 20 to 600 Style 45-Oct 10 Dx 10/16/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 5 of 68 (680 results)

Scroll to top button