Topic: mets to lung

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Jan 6, 2012 10:53AM - edited Oct 12, 2013 09:32AM by bhd1

Posted on: Jan 6, 2012 10:53AM - edited Oct 12, 2013 09:32AM by bhd1

bhd1 wrote:

hello. i got scan rusults yesterday. looks like abraxane is not working, since cancer is spreading. i am going on navelbine now. any words of encouragement? thanks. i am new to the boards, happy to find you all

barb

barb Dx 9/22/2011, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Page 1 of 237 (2,361 results)

Jan 6, 2012 11:10AM exbrnxgrl wrote:

Hi Barb,
I don't have lung mets, but someone who does will be along soon. I am sorry that Abraxane didn't work but we often have to move on to find something that does. Stage IV is a tough place to be but there is lots of hope and new things being tried.
Caryn

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 6, 2012 12:10PM alesta29 wrote:

Hi Barb

Welcome and sorry you have found yourself here. I have lung mets (along with liver and spine). My first chemo was FEC x3 (I had liver progression) followed by Docetaxel x3 which I finished in November. Am now on Tamoxifen and have my first scan (gulp!) on Monday with the results the following Monday.  

Good luck with the Navelbine. I'm sure there will be a Navy gal along soon with some words of wisdom. It might help to post a bit about your BC i.e. ER/PR HER2 status along with any other treatment you have had.

As to etiquette, I think we're pretty chilled here. On the board I'm on in the UK, I get moderated for cussing! Jeez - here I am, an adult woman with cancer and I get told off for venting with a couple of swear words!!!

The only thing I have come across which seems to be a no-no is lower stage folk asking higher stage folk how to avoid turning into a higher stage person. It's usually done with the best of intentions but does tend to get people's backs up - understandably, I think. 

Laurie x 

Stay in the present and live each day as it comes. Stage IV from the get go June 2011. ER/PR+ HER 2- Liver, lung, bone, lymph, brain, peritoneal and pelvic mets - Man this list keeps getting longer...

Jan 6, 2012 12:30PM - edited Jan 6, 2012 12:38PM by bhd1

laurie.  good luck with the scan on monday.  i will be praying for great results for you.   barb

barb Dx 9/22/2011, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Jan 6, 2012 03:03PM usafmom wrote:

Bhd1
Hi sorry you had to find us under these circumstances. You and I have some similarities in our DX. I too have lung mets, bicep,aorta nodes, axillary nodes, and recently a small brain met. I'm currently on FEC x4. Then I move on to taxol and herceptin with radiation possible.

Every one here is very nice it will help a lot to have some place to vent. Like Laurie said there isn't to much etiquette except I think be respectful of differences of opinions. We all follow our hearts and what is right for one person may not be right for another.

Good luck on the new chemo and let's hope it kicks the crap out of the "C"

Kimber

Hugs Kimber Dx 10/31/2007, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 12/40 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 6, 2012 03:52PM sueopp wrote:

Hi Barb, Sorry that you progressed, but keep the faith.  You and I have the same Dx (ER/PR - and HER2+) and I was diagnosed with lung mets about a year ago.  After one false start (TDM1) we got me onto xeloda and tykerb, and things have been just peachy so far - not NED (no evidence of disease) but definately big shrinkage and no further spread so far.  Hope that you and your oncologist find the right combo to kick the cancer to the curb. And don't worry, hon,  I have noticed that our respect and concern for one another makes the etiquette a non-issue - the love is there, and that makes it easy - SUE

Dx 12/2010, IDC, Stage IV, 26/35 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Jan 6, 2012 04:41PM Fitztwins wrote:

Nsvelbine was developed for lung mets, a good choice. My lung mets are very fickle, but seem to respond to treatment , I hope yours do too!!

Best of luck!

Enjoy Every Sandwich. Dx 12/12/2004, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+, Surgery 1/18/2005 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 1/31/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 4/30/2005 Breast, Lymph nodes Targeted Therapy 5/31/2005 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2005 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2008 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 6/30/2008 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 6/14/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/4/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Jan 6, 2012 05:13PM 3littlegirls wrote:

No advice on lung mets or navelbine but wanted to welcome you.

Your etiquette was a little off.... Kidding!  :)  

I hope you respond beautifully to Navelbine and send those little buggers running.  

Hugs!

Michelle Dx 4/19/2010, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 5/18 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 6, 2012 05:42PM chele wrote:

Sorry you had to join us. No lung mets but I am on Navelbine. Side effects are nil so far except for my immune system. But every chemo I have been on has done that so I don't hold it against it!

Chocolate for Breakfast! Mets to lots of bones, sternum, marrow, both lobes of liver, and 5 tumors in my brain. Dx 11/2/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 3/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/11/2011, IDC, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 6, 2012 05:45PM deenah wrote:

I am also ER/PR- and HER2+ with lung mets. I just finished navelbine (it stopped working) a couple of weeks ago. It worked well for about 5-6 months. Now I am onto something new. Even though the navelbine didn't get me to NED, it did keep the cancer contained to the lungs. I'm sorry you have to join us here is stage IV land. If I can answer any questions about navelbine or lung mets, I'd love to help. I also had surgery on my lung to get tumors for chemosensitivity testing so I could make a somewhat educated treatment choice.
Deena

www.caringbridge.org/visit/dee... Dx 3/22/2010, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 18/40 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Jan 6, 2012 09:18PM Helmie wrote:

Hi Barb, I'm another lung mets sister. However, I'm ER/PR+, Her2-. I was on navelbine only for 4 treatments, 3 weeks on, 1 week off, and then I only got one more treatment, because I had developed a subdural hematoma. Nobody knows why. As I got my first navelbine they gave me aloxi as a pre-med anti-nausea. I had a terrible head ache for 2 days after that. The next week I got zofran, and everything was fine. However, just a day before my scheduled 2nd treatment of the 2nd cycle the head ache was back, my onc cancelled the chemo, and sent me to have a brain MRI done right away, where they discovered the subdural hematoma. I had brain surgery on Dec 5th. My onc did not put me back on the navelbine, because I still show progression, but no brain mets. Yesterday I started a new chemo, Alimta. Hope this one will work. It is actually a lung cancer drug, but back in May last year we had sent a tissue sample to Caris Life Science in TX. Amongst a bunch of other recommendations they think that Alimta might be beneficial.

I hope the Navelbine will work for you for a very long time. For the short time I was on this drug, I did not notice any SEs (other then the head aches, which I don't attribute to Navelbine anyway).

sending you lots of hugs,
Helmie 

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." (Forrest Gump) - thank God for chocolate and puppy dogs - Dx 2/8/2010, Stage IV, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 237 (2,361 results)

Scroll to top button