Topic: Bone Mets Thread

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Jun 22, 2012 03:09AM - edited Oct 28, 2021 02:22PM by moderators

Posted on: Jun 22, 2012 03:09AM - edited Oct 28, 2021 02:22PM by moderators

Jac53 wrote:

I've started this thread after suggestions that it would be useful.

Mod Note: We have removed the original link as it is no longer viable. At one of our member's' recommendation we are offering this link as a resource for you.

https://youtu.be/YpFfLrITfEI

Jeannie. "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." Dx 6/19/1995, 10/15 nodes Dx 2/18/2011, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2/2012, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 865 of 2,731 (27,307 results)

Sep 24, 2015 10:13AM - edited Sep 24, 2015 10:20AM by gaia0132

Thank you Moderaters, 3-16 and Linda E

I of course have relayed all to my MO and the NP there. 3-16 I surely pray it is simply bursitis! Who ever thought i'd ask for that.

Pain med is of no avail, advil lessens the inflammation, but at this point it, whatever 'it is' seems VERY irritated. I have a big food prep job going out tonight and I have called for help to get it done.

The MO/NP say it could be from the tx acting on the tumors which is what I hope, or it could be a tumor pressing on a nerve- UGH! My darker fear is that there is a fracture......

But as you all advise, I will know more tomorrow. Thank you all so much. Just trying to get through the day. And also trying to stay excited for our trip to MV on Saturday, which I hope is not clouded by the MRI outcome. Trying to 'turn it over'

Linda glad the cough is finally resolving!

Dx 6/2015, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+, Dx 8/2015, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Sep 24, 2015 10:20AM moderators wrote:

Waiting is the worst! We're all here for you.

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Sep 24, 2015 10:33AM Wendy3 wrote:

Dune how is your little guy doing this morning. I never got the bird thing until I found a half dead baby robin in the grass. I raised that thing with lots of hard work and love and he survived. I will never forget how affectionate and fun he was.

Dx 5/13/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 24, 2015 10:40AM Wendy3 wrote:

Gaia I'm sorry to hear you are in pain hopefully things will get better for you. The mind can make us crazy every little pain in my head is this disease sneaking around in my body reeking havoc. Asking for help during these times is priceless. I am wishing you a great day .

Dx 5/13/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 24, 2015 10:47AM Rachel1 wrote:

I had a pet/ct scan yesterday. My first since I was dx three months ago with bone mets. I have changed my diet, and worked on visual imagery. My onc has me on faslodex and zometa. They are concerned because my bone biopsy, which is unreliable, showed that I'm no longer er+. I'm do frightened. I couldn't sleep last night even with 2 trazadone I was up until 2:30 am. 10 days ago I had surgery-- a rid out into my femur for a fracture. The second fracture. The first was in my pelvis, which they radiated and saw was healing. Then the femur. I don't think I can see my onc tomorrow. I'm thinking just my husband can go. I don't want anymore bad news. Has anyone not gone to their appt.? Sometimes I wonder what horrible thing I did to deserve this. I'm sorry to be negative. I'm scared and tired of being scared. Thanks for listening.

Sep 24, 2015 11:16AM dlb823 wrote:

So much going on here -- way too much for me to acknowledge individually at the moment, as I'm headed out to UCLA this a.m. to see the ONJ expert for a tooth extraction -- the tooth my local dentist wanted to save. I'm a bit concerned b'cuz I'm on Ibrance, which can cause bleeding. So any positive thoughts for a smooth procedure (my appt is @ 4:00 CA time) are coveted and much appreciated!

(((Rachel))), you've gotten through the femur surgery and pelvis radiation, and you will get through whatever else you have to. I will be praying your scan results are excellent, but if by some chance there's an issue, you will deal with it. I understand your terrible fear, but you really should go to your appointment, just so your onc can see you and know how you're doing after your surgery. Sending your hubby doesn't sound like a good option, at least to me. Hopefully, your onc is comforting and supportive. You have been through a lot, but please don't lose hope now!!! A long stretch of much better days is hopefully just around the corner for you.

Thinking of everyone who is struggling with pain or still recovering from a bad patch, as well as those who are having scans or awaiting scan results. So sorry not to have the time to address all individually today, but much love and caring and prayers going out to each and everyone. Deanna

Deanna "The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" Native American proverb Dx 2/1/2008, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/3/2014, Stage IV

Sep 24, 2015 11:30AM Myra1211 wrote:

Rachel1, I completely understand your paralyzing fear, but not going to your onc appt., in my opinion, is a poor choice. Eventually the news, whether good or bad, will be told to you. Do you want to put your husband in that role if it is bad news? Your onc and supporting staff will be able to speak with knowledge and hopefully kindness and explain all the aspects of any dx that may occur. You are putting all your negative energy into this being bad news. You mentioned you are doing visual imagery, have you tried imagining that your onc comes into the room with a smile on his face and a good report in his hand? I do alot of imagery and truly believe that is a better use of your energy that expecting everything to be bad. Remember we are here for you, feel free to PM me if you would like. Whatever the report shows, it is something you will handle and hopefully this is just another blip on the screen.

Peace and love to you Rachel1 Best wishes for a wonderful scan report. Myra

Dx 10/1998, IDC, Grade 2, 3/10 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+ Surgery 12/9/1998 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 1/15/1999 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil) Hormonal Therapy 5/19/1999 Radiation Therapy 7/9/2014 Bone Hormonal Therapy 7/10/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 11/9/2014 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy 3/8/2015 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Sep 24, 2015 11:44AM ibcmets wrote:

Deanna,

I hope all goes well at UCLA with the tooth.

Terri

6/2009 stage IV diagnosis w bone mets ,Xgeva , 2015 brain mets, liver metastasis

Sep 24, 2015 12:17PM Lindalou wrote:

Rachel- I agree with Deanna and Myra that you should go to you appt. with the MO. They need to followup with you since your surgery and can assess what is going on with you much better face to face. We all understand your fear and no sleep. If your DX is no longer ER+, they will know how to treat you. Perhaps your husband can take notes for you at the appt. which can be helpful. Plus, you need to hear the results of your scans. All in all important for you to keep that appt. Visually think of all us supporting you at your appt.

Gaia- Good that you are getting some answers tomorrow. I take Gabapentin for nerve pain. Not sure that is what you have but ask your MO about that possibility.

Deanna- Wishing you the best outcome today with your tooth, and so glad you are at a top notch facility to help you. I'll be sending LOTS of good thoughts to you at 4:00 your time. Let us know how it went.

Amy- good luck with scan today.

Wendy and Dune, love your birds. I need a cat!

Annie, is your stomach a bit better?

My best to all......

Linda Dx 11/1/2007, ILC, Left, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/2009, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Dx 5/13/2014 Targeted Therapy 4/21/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 10/2/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 10/23/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy External: Bone Radiation Therapy External: Bone Surgery Mastectomy: Left, Right Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy External: Bone Radiation Therapy Bone

Sep 24, 2015 12:53PM Xavo wrote:

Rachel, sorry about the bone biopsy results. Can you ask for a 're-do? It could be a mistake to have a ER/PR negative results, if the staining did not do properly. If for some reason you can not have the pathology redone, and if your tumor marker is showing a good trend, you might need to discuss with your onc about not rushing to treatment change, in case your hr status actually did not change. All this needs you to see your onc in person. If you hide yourself at home, nothing will happen then. So, pull on your big girl's pantries and present yourself in front of the doctor and have a good plan worked out tomorrow!

Gaia, do you have mets at the L section of your spine? Or, at your hip? If the pain occurs only when you put weight on the hip, it sounds like you have fracture kind of thing on either site.

Dx 12/2002, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 5/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 1/2/2003 Mastectomy: Left Dx 2/27/2015, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy AC Radiation Therapy Chest wall

Page 865 of 2,731 (27,307 results)

Scroll to top button