Topic: Bone Mets Thread

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Jun 22, 2012 04:09AM - edited Oct 28, 2021 03:22PM by moderators

Posted on: Jun 22, 2012 04:09AM - edited Oct 28, 2021 03:22PM by moderators

Jac53 wrote:

I've started this thread after suggestions that it would be useful.

Mod Note: We have removed the original link as it is no longer viable. At one of our member's' recommendation we are offering this link as a resource for you.

https://youtu.be/YpFfLrITfEI

Jeannie. "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." Dx 6/19/1995, 10/15 nodes Dx 2/18/2011, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2/2012, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 869 of 2,700 (26,991 results)

Sep 25, 2015 09:09AM GoldenGirls wrote:

Thank you everyone. And Amy, I am sorry to hear about the progression. Hoping the next treatment kicks ass!

Annie - I didn't realize you're in Ontario! I love St. Jacob's! It's almost 2 hours from us too, but worth the drive. (We're in Port Dover, recently moved from the GTA).

Mom was originally dx in 10/2001. Mets to bones and 2 supraclavicular nodes in 01/2013. She passed away from complications from bone metastases Dec 2016.

Sep 25, 2015 09:36AM annieoakley wrote:

Goldengirls, I love Port Dover, so you're not very far from me then. I had a friend who lived near there. That was the first time I've been to St. Jacobs and I was amazed, I would have needed alot of money to buy everything I had my eyes on. It was a good time, just sad that I have to pay a price for it. Hopefully this won't last long.

Surgery 5/8/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Surgery 8/23/2012 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 9/28/2012 Surgery 2/1/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/12/2013 Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery 9/4/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 9/3/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/4/2014 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 12/1/2014 Bone

Sep 25, 2015 11:33AM dlb823 wrote:

Oh, Amy, I read your post about your scan results as I was leaving UCLA yesterday, but didn't have a free hand to respond in the car. Then, by the time we got home after a 4 hr. stop & go drive (as bad or worse than the procedure), I tried to write, but was too pooped. Anyway, I'm so sorry that your scan showed increased activity. I know only too keenly how shocking it is to find out that your bc cells have figured out a way to outsmart the tx that had been working for so many months. It's like a reality wake-up call from the land of denial -- or at least that's how it was for me back in August -- and it can really throw you into a tailspin again. But I know you've been in some pain that you've been riding out, I think you will be thrilled to get on a new med and get things under control again, which you will.

My keyboard is acting up at the moment, so I'm going to stop here and will be back after I catch up on everyone else's news. Deanna

Deanna "The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" Native American proverb Dx 2/1/2008, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/3/2014, Stage IV

Sep 25, 2015 12:33PM HopeFaithCourage wrote:

went to rad oncologist. . No more chemo to my sternum area. It's already been zapped twice. So chemo. Which should have been done forever ago. I called med oncologist and left s message so no details yet. My poor sternum. Only small part in l center that's not Diseased..

I have lots of reading to do to catch up! Hope for peaceful day for all of us.

Dx 11/2/2012, IDC, 4cm, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 2/2015, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 10/2016, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other Radiation Therapy External: Chest wall, Bone

Sep 25, 2015 01:11PM tryn2staycalm wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was a steady poster on this thread not so long ago. I was on weekly Taxol till my MO stopped it due to some of my side effects. However scans showed the Taxol had shrunk both lung tumors and liver tumors it did nothing for the bone mets which were progressing. I was switched to bone radiation to target these worst mets especially in my spine. This has helped a lot but due to where my radiation was going to get to the bones I now have swallowing issues but am told that will subside soon too. I finished bone radiation Wed. (gong moment) when you get to celebrate. However my break from treatment was short lived as I was taken from my home by EMS early Thursday morning. I had a fall inside my home and now I was told that it has spread to my brain. The battle continues.

Cathy

A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her, but a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone Dx 7/27/2010, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 1/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 3/1/2011 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 5/2012, IDC, Left, Grade 3 Hormonal Therapy 3/23/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 3/26/2015, Stage IV Chemotherapy 6/12/2015 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel)

Sep 25, 2015 01:17PM AmyQ wrote:

Cathy, I am so sorry to hear of your progression...this has to be scary. Just sending good thoughts and prayers to you for answers and treatment that works.

Deanna, thanks much for your kind words. It is shocking as I was happily rolling along thinking I've dodged a bullet and will live with NED forever. It's especially hit my children hard, but my DH, the palliative doc, was very upset and angry. More so than with the initial dx. I think he too lived in denial with me and hates the slap upside the head that is reality.

Heading out of town for the weekend so will be distracted overseeing a wedding. Have a safe and pain-free weekend all.

Amy

Dx 2/7/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/9/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/19/2013 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/25/2015 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 1/10/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Sep 25, 2015 01:37PM GoldenGirls wrote:

Cathy, I am so sorry to hear about your fall and your progression.

I hope I am not overstepping, but I am in the Simcoe area as well and wanted to mention that if it was the local hospital that told you it has spread to the brain, it is worth it to seek a second opinion or have another radiologist at a cancer center see the scans. They misdiagnosed my mom at NGH at the start of her mets dx. Her CT showed 3 bone mets, but also showed other incidental findings that the doctor there told us was ALL cancer and that it was throughout her body and organs. That wasn't the case. She did have bone mets, but they made the assumption based on her history that her benign lung nodules and fatty liver were also cancer and told us she was "full of cancer -- it's everywhere!"

Hoping your next treatment kicks the cancer's butt!

Mom was originally dx in 10/2001. Mets to bones and 2 supraclavicular nodes in 01/2013. She passed away from complications from bone metastases Dec 2016.

Sep 25, 2015 01:59PM dlb823 wrote:

Cathy, I'm so sorry about your fall and hospitalization and possible (?) progression. I'm saying "possible" because I want so much to believe that what GoldenGirls just wrote about her Mom's experience might be what's going on with you -- a jump to conclusions based on your mbc hx. I hope you will get your scans re-read, as she suggested. In the meantime, you are in my prayers. Did you injure yourself when you fell? Are you still in the hospital today? Please keep us updated! Deanna

Deanna "The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" Native American proverb Dx 2/1/2008, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/3/2014, Stage IV

Sep 25, 2015 02:25PM Lindalou wrote:

HFC- Are you having pain as well in your sternum? Hoping the new chemo routine stops that progression.

Cathy- How badly were you hurt in your fall? Now brain mets on top of that? So sorry. Do you have the radiologist's report to review the brain scan results?

Amy- good that you are getting out of town and keeping busy. That will help.

Linda Dx 11/1/2007, ILC, Left, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/2009, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Dx 5/13/2014 Targeted Therapy 4/21/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 10/2/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 10/23/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy External: Bone Radiation Therapy External: Bone Surgery Mastectomy: Left, Right Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy External: Bone Radiation Therapy Bone

Sep 25, 2015 02:28PM ChelleG wrote:

Cathy, I'm going with what the golden girls said. Keep the faith

Dx stage IV de novo 9/10/2015 with bone mets. Dx 9/10/2015, ILC/IDC, Both breasts, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/10/2015, ILC/IDC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/16/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 869 of 2,700 (26,991 results)

Scroll to top button