Topic: Bone Mets Thread

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Jun 22, 2012 03:09AM - edited Oct 28, 2021 02:22PM by moderators

Posted on: Jun 22, 2012 03:09AM - edited Oct 28, 2021 02:22PM by moderators

Jac53 wrote:

I've started this thread after suggestions that it would be useful.

Mod Note: We have removed the original link as it is no longer viable. At one of our member's' recommendation we are offering this link as a resource for you.

https://youtu.be/YpFfLrITfEI

Jeannie. "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." Dx 6/19/1995, 10/15 nodes Dx 2/18/2011, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2/2012, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 887 of 2,699 (26,989 results)

Oct 2, 2015 05:57PM 50sgirl wrote:

3-16' I also have bouts of crying. It isn't always from sad thoughts. Sometimes I am just so touched by things and the tears start flowing. It is nice to know that I am not the only one.

Lynne

Dx 6/5/2015, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/10/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 8/9/2016, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 8/10/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 8/31/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 7/3/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy 10/2/2018 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 2/11/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 11/12/2019 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 11/13/2019 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 12/27/2019 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy 3/8/2020 Adriamycin (doxorubicin) Targeted Therapy 2/6/2021 Verzenio Chemotherapy 4/13/2021 Halaven (eribulin)

Oct 2, 2015 06:27PM Megc wrote:

Shetland,

Duke does a nuclear medicine bone scan for my ILC bone mets.

Mary

Your not a statistic until you become one. Dx 2012, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 2, 10/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/29/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/5/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 5/17/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 9/17/2014 Hormonal Therapy 12/19/2014 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 7/5/2015 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Oct 2, 2015 06:34PM annieoakley wrote:

Charlotte, Leah is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Deanna, tm's going down is a good sign that your treatment is working, I'm so happy for you!

Terre, the two tummy pills are working, so far so good!

3-16-2011, I have bouts of crying all the time, sometimes just from looking at a beautiful sunset I think because I realize how much I appreciate the simple things in life.

Hugs to all, Annie

Surgery 5/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Surgery 8/22/2012 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 9/27/2012 Surgery 1/31/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/11/2013 Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery 9/3/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 9/3/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/3/2014 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/30/2014 Bone

Oct 2, 2015 06:38PM ChelleG wrote:

Hello everyone! it's been a rough week for se's. But I'm back and strong. I can never remember to address everyone as I am writing. But I can assure you that I have been praying for us all and rejoicing for those of us that have had a victory!! The zometa was rough. But heck, it's only every three months. I will LIVE with it. Yesterday was the first day since dx that I felt like my normal self, at least part of the time. I finally feel like I can fight this.

Dx stage IV de novo 9/10/2015 with bone mets. Dx 9/10/2015, ILC/IDC, Both breasts, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/10/2015, ILC/IDC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/15/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 2, 2015 07:16PM ChelleG wrote:

Congrats Charlotte! Baby Leah is beautiful

Dx stage IV de novo 9/10/2015 with bone mets. Dx 9/10/2015, ILC/IDC, Both breasts, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/10/2015, ILC/IDC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/15/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 2, 2015 07:43PM txmom wrote:

Whoa! Long thread. Just popping in to see.... little Leah is perfect. So happy that you get to meet her. Just precious. One more taxoterrible for me! Yay! I will respond to a few things. I get emotional too. Life is so precious. Especially when people are so nice to me. I just breakdown. Also, the steroids make me super emotional. I take them 3 days during infusion so if you are taking steroids maybe pay attention to if you are more emotional during this time. My DH pointed this out to me and it has really helped. Deanna, so glad your tumor markers are down. It's good news and I'll take it! Patty so glad you are back. Hope you are getting the rest you need to get back to your family. Terre, sorry about the diabetes. That stinks. Seriously, we should get a pass on all other diseases. Why can't the cancer kill the diabetes? Ugh! Hope it's nothing major and you are able to easily manage it. Chelle, so glad you are feeling better. Hugs all around. Sorry for those I missed. Love our Bone Mets sisters. Have a wonderful weekend. Prayers for all of us always. XO

Oct 2, 2015 07:55PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

Charlotte,

Baby Leah is cute as a button. Enjoy every minute with her. Grandchildren grow up even faster than your own children. My granddaughter is already 3 1/2! Good thing I have another on the way. I need some baby snuggles.

A happy, restful weekend to all

Oct 2, 2015 08:32PM - edited Oct 2, 2015 08:37PM by Sue2009

Hi everyone, I too have been struggling w/depression, crying way too much. This whole cancer thing really sucks. Then u add on a precious niece committs suicide at age 21, my uncle dropped dead of heart attack the morning we were traveling to his granddaughter's wedding week-end (very unexpected) & lastly my mom has heart attack in July, which she recovered from. So this past week I got PET Scan that showed marked progression but still only in bones. When I was told I had bone mets 2 1/2 yrs ago, I thought it was a death sentence. My doctor was very positive still. I cried about low back pain, my wonderful RO ordered fentanyl 25mcg/hr patches. They have been a life saver. If I forget to change the patch I feel it. I am allergic to morphine, so I also take oxycodone 10mg for breakthrough pain. The day I was due to have PET scan last week I had terrible pain In left femur, h/a all night & fever. Iwas certain I must of fractured my left femur or hip. But the pain turned around after 24 hrs. Got the scan the following day, both MO & RO called saying I needed to come in on Monday. My head was spinning by end of day Mon. Time to change treatment. Both said I could tell them next day what I wanted. My decision was to do nothing this week. Going out of town tomorrow & will revisit this on Monday. So everyone have good week-end.

Oct 2, 2015 11:51PM dlb823 wrote:

Sue, I'm so sorry about the progression, and the multitude of other family tragedies and illness. Sometimes it just doesn't seem fair that horrible things happen when we're already dealing with mbc. (((Hugs))) to you, and I think you're wise to take a short break to clear your head. I don't recall what tx you've been on that's evidently stopped working, but hopefully the next one will work very fast to get you back to stable or better.

Terre, that's totally crappy news that you now have to worry about diabetes. Hopefully, you can knock it back with much more careful eating. And I guess it's a good think that you have this warning and a chance hopefully to correct whatever is going on before you need meds. But darn... as if you needed one more thing to worry about! So sorry!!! Keep us posted on your progress! Oh, and just a thought... Could any of your meds possibly be a factor? Not that you can do much about it if they are, but it seems like something worth knowing IF a med is possibly contributing to what's going on.

I hope everyone finds something enjoyable to do this first October weekend. DH & I are headed over to my antique spaces (about 85 miles away) to do some work. I'm enlisting his help because there's no way I can do the moving, lifting, hanging, and other physical work I would normally do myself. But it's in beautiful wine country (Temecula), so we'll do some fast work and hope to have enough energy left to enjoy the vineyard surroundings (very much like Tuscany) and maybe lunch or dinner at a winery.

Deanna "The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" Native American proverb Dx 2/1/2008, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/3/2014, Stage IV

Oct 3, 2015 12:49AM gg27 wrote:

Linda, thanks for posting that info about trials. The one that I posted a couple of days ago in Vancouver is the most interesting one for myself, but my onc is looking at the Mona Leesa one as well. Is there a thread for trials? Maybe there should be, with all the pertinent info? Mods?

Deanna, lower TM's is good, even a little bit. I have to go & shuffle my mall space as well. I didn't have as good a summer, sales wise as I'd hoped. Oh well... Don't work too hard.

Baby Leah is so adorable, Charlotte, congrats.

Terre, diabetes can be very serious, I hope you are able to get it under control with diet. Fingers crossed that you won't have to be poking your fingers very long! :) DH & I were able to move our huge raised bed, nothing that a few well placed 2 x 4's & a couple of crow bars can't remedy.

Sue, it sounds like you could use a weekend away. I hope it's for something fun.

Chelle, Just remember, this is the new normal.

Have a good weekend everyone. Cheers, Dee

Dx 10/2008, IDC, Both breasts, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 3/9 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/8/2009 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right) Chemotherapy 2/1/2009 Other Radiation Therapy 7/5/2009 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 5/14/2014, IDC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, 9/20 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Page 887 of 2,699 (26,989 results)

Scroll to top button