Topic: Bone Mets Thread

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Jun 22, 2012 03:09AM - edited Oct 28, 2021 02:22PM by moderators

Posted on: Jun 22, 2012 03:09AM - edited Oct 28, 2021 02:22PM by moderators

Jac53 wrote:

I've started this thread after suggestions that it would be useful.

Mod Note: We have removed the original link as it is no longer viable. At one of our member's' recommendation we are offering this link as a resource for you.

https://youtu.be/YpFfLrITfEI

Jeannie. "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." Dx 6/19/1995, 10/15 nodes Dx 2/18/2011, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2/2012, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 888 of 2,699 (26,990 results)

Oct 3, 2015 02:41AM Bosco19 wrote:

dee

Mods have just set up a trials thread - look for New! Metastatic trials search or something similar. Don't know how to link it

Mets to brain, bone and lymph nodes Dx 1/18/2013, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/4/2013 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 4/11/2013 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 5/6/2013 Breast Chemotherapy 7/14/2013 CMF Chemotherapy 1/7/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Dx 6/25/2014, IDC, Stage IV, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/8/2014 Radiation Therapy 7/20/2014 Brain Chemotherapy 7/29/2014 Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy 7/30/2014 Avastin (bevacizumab) Dx 12/12/2014, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 1/19/2015 Bone Chemotherapy 3/2/2015 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Dx 3/3/2015, 1/3 nodes, mets

Oct 3, 2015 02:44AM Bosco19 wrote:

new! Metastatic Breast Cancer trials search

Mets to brain, bone and lymph nodes Dx 1/18/2013, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/4/2013 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 4/11/2013 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 5/6/2013 Breast Chemotherapy 7/14/2013 CMF Chemotherapy 1/7/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Dx 6/25/2014, IDC, Stage IV, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/8/2014 Radiation Therapy 7/20/2014 Brain Chemotherapy 7/29/2014 Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy 7/30/2014 Avastin (bevacizumab) Dx 12/12/2014, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 1/19/2015 Bone Chemotherapy 3/2/2015 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Dx 3/3/2015, 1/3 nodes, mets

Oct 3, 2015 06:08AM Kendrasue wrote:

Deanna, glad to hear the good news of your lower TMs.

Oct 3, 2015 06:42AM Lindalou wrote:

Good Morning All,

Pfizer has initiated a campaign to focus on education about metastatic breast cancer called, Story Half Told. Go to www.storyhalftold.com to see stories, information, resources etc. Holley Kitchen is also one of 5 women that photographers have followed. You will see all the links on that site. Dr. Freda Lewis Hall ( you may have seen her recently talking about breast cancer) is part of that initiative in getting correct information out about metastatic cancer.

Wishing everyone a good weekend with less pain and more joy. Linda

Linda Dx 11/1/2007, ILC, Left, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/2009, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Dx 5/13/2014 Targeted Therapy 4/21/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 10/2/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 10/23/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy External: Bone Radiation Therapy External: Bone Surgery Mastectomy: Left, Right Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy External: Bone Radiation Therapy Bone

Oct 3, 2015 07:39AM tryn2staycalm wrote:

cjanet- I know what your saying yet I refuse to give in to it. I WILL continue to fight and do ANYTHING I can to extend my years here. I also have a daughter getting married at the end of April and my doctors told me that it is possible I may not be here then. I have had a hard fight since 2010 and I'm glad it has given me that but also need more time. After my brain mets diagnosis my kids thought they had lost me and they say any extra time is a blessing now however I NEED to be at a April 30th wedding. I would feel terrible if my daughter and son had to deal with that just before her wedding. Lets fight together for more time!

This applies to anyone and not just cjanet, lets fight as hard as we can and help each other through it! I refuse to let it take any good days I have left!

A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her, but a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone Dx 7/27/2010, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 1/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 3/1/2011 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 5/2012, IDC, Left, Grade 3 Hormonal Therapy 3/23/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 3/26/2015, Stage IV Chemotherapy 6/12/2015 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel)

Oct 3, 2015 08:24AM Wendy3 wrote:

Charlotte your granddaughter is gorgeous , look at the hair beautiful little girl.

This is such a fast moving thread and so many of you know each other for longer that I feel a bit like a gate crasher. I have been following the thread though and I care for each and everyone of you. To address each and everyone of you would be a long post and my memory bites so know that I am thinking of you all throughout my day everyday.

Dx 5/13/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 3, 2015 09:51AM PattyPeppermint wrote:

ok so I feeling much better. Going stir crazy on this hospital bed. A very good sign indeed.

Charlotte - how sweet. Baby Leah is beautiful.

Dlb - yea ! Lower tms are great. Praying that means the falsodex / ibrance combo is working for you. Encouraging to me since we started the new combo tx at almost the same time. How's the pain ?

Trying to stay calm - Fight on ! Love that attitude. Can't wait to see beautiful pics of you and your dd dancing at her April wedding.

Wendy - welcome ! Glad you jumped in and posted. I think you will love our tight bco family. You def are not crashing the gate. I know it seems overwhelming trying to keep up eith everyone but trust me the more you jump in the quicker you'll feel the love also. Course like any family or friends you will naturally be more in tune with some more than others just based on our experiences in crazy cancer land

Hope - are you out there lurking or have I just missed your post ??

Waving hello to all. Hugs all around

To God be the glory! Live, laugh, love... Life is way too short. Dx 6/2013, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/28/2013 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 7/4/2013 Bone Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 7/31/2015 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 6/30/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Oct 3, 2015 10:16AM HopeFaithCourage wrote:

good morning all! Goal for the day made for me by dh.....rest and poo. TMI maybe! I start chemotherapy Mon Carboplatin and abraxane. Once a week for 3 weeks then 1 week off for at least 6 months. I feel the disease digging in deeper so chemo is a good idea . My fentanyl patch is increased b to 75 and this has helped.

Dx 11/2/2012, IDC, 4cm, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 2/2015, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 10/2016, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other Radiation Therapy External: Chest wall, Bone

Oct 3, 2015 10:17AM cjanet wrote:

Let me post before I catch up entirely.

I had my MRI results yesterday. The person reading them compared them to April's at first so it looked like progression. When he compared them to JUly's MRI, it looks like no change. But the 2 scans were done on 2 different machines. My onc is reading that as no change and told me this med takes a while if it's going to work. We will give the Ibrance more time. She increased the pain meds: Oxycontin 40 mg three times per day. Hoping that helps a little. My WBCs aren't great but not too bad, so I will start again on the Ibrance likely Monday. I will alternate 75 mg and 100 mg every day and get my WBCs retested and see where they are at. The shots hurt yesterday. My butt is sore today. I am also It's also been raining a lot, which affects my mood and pain levels, and it has gotten a lot colder. I'm lighting candles and trying to stay upbeat but it's hard. It's the season of melancholy.

As for crying, isn't that also due to so many of us being on estrogen blockers? I cry so easily nowadays at every little thing. My onc told me she went to France and prayed at Lourdes, so we all got "high quality" prayers. That made me tear up.

Deanna- yay for lower tumor markers, no matter how little, at least it's going down!

Charlotte- congrats on the new grandbaby, she is precious!

Patty- I'm so so glad to see you here again but bummed you are in the hospital. I hope you are able to get out of there easily and soon!! I am so glad to see you posting.

Terre- sorry to hear about the diabetes but it sounds like with a healthy diet you can whip that into control. But it's one more thing on your plate that you don't need.

Cristina Dx 2/16/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIA, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/19/2012 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 6/15/2012 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 10/1/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 10/13/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 4/22/2015 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 5/6/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 8/4/2015 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 8/7/2015 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 5/30/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 7/27/2016 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes

Oct 3, 2015 10:19AM - edited Oct 3, 2015 11:53AM by exbrnxgrl

lindalou,

Thanks for posting the link to A a Story Half Told. I read/watched all the stories this morning and I cried. Not from sadness, nor happiness either but for the fact that these women are carrying on as best as they can and even thriving despite MBC. Yes, I know this was produced by Pfizer, and yes, I know they are not the majority of MBC patients, but it validated my feelings and my attitude toward life. One woman mentioned that she knows that she is not typical, and I acknowledge that as well. And one women, Jill Cohen, reminded so very much of my younger sister, who passed away at age 50 after a 4 month battle with uterine cancer. Ms. Cohen was originally from the Bronx, as we were, and my sister's name was also Jill.

I have, sometimes, felt that I wasn't stage IV enough for bco (must have something to do with the expletive laced pm's ), though not from the majority of members. I have a great life, but I do have MBC and I appreciate those who understand this and know I need support as well. Thank you and may everyone have a restful weekend.

http://www.storyhalftold.com/

Page 888 of 2,699 (26,990 results)

Scroll to top button