Topic: Mom dx'd with liver mets today:(

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Jul 11, 2012 06:53PM

Posted on: Jul 11, 2012 06:53PM

mandapanda wrote:

My mom is 54, bc in 2005, did lumpectomy, chemo, radiation, bOne mets in 2008, radiation, more bone mets 2010, now liver mets. She was on Xeloda. She went to ER today for pain in her abdomen and she was jaundice, dr did ct scan and found out its liver mets. She will fOllow up with her onc tomorrow. What can we expect? What questions should we ask? We are very worried.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Jul 11, 2012 07:39PM tammie wrote:

Sit down and make your list carefully..I was dx'ed liver mets this past Nov. and after 4 rounds of A/C im 6mo. with a stable liver so far... Although very scary liver mets can be treatable..Hoping they kick them mets right out of there with something for her..Sending big hugs and positive thoughts to you and your Mom...Tammie

Everytime the wheel turns round bound to cover just a little more ground!! Dx 10/8/2002, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 10/29/2002 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 5/8/2003 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 9/7/2011, Stage IV, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+ Radiation Therapy 9/12/2011 Bone

Jul 11, 2012 10:51PM - edited Jul 11, 2012 10:52PM by CoolBreeze

I have liver mets too.  I was dx'd a year ago but I was symptomless.  Since I only had mets in my liver and only a couple, they did a resection and removed a lobe of my liver.  They found a spot they hadn't seen on scans (common) and ablated that.  I've been on chemo ever since.

Your mom won't qualify for that kind of treatment but there are others that she may be able to have.  Chemo embolisation, SIR; if she only has a few mets she may be able to have an ablation.  And, of course, there are other chemos she hasn't tried  - one might very well get her to NED.  I've been on Navelbine which worked to shrink my mets before my surgery, and now I'm on Abraxane.  We are uncertain if I'm NED (no evidence of disease) or not, because the ablated area looks like cancer on the scans.  There is a difference of opinion between doctors so I am on chemo for now, just in case.  

Of course you are worried and it isn't good that your mother has symptoms but I have seen women here with tumors all over their liver become NED.  Let's hope your mother joins their ranks.

Ann's cancer blog: www.butdoctorihatepink.com .....multicentric/multifocal IDC/ILC+DCIS/LCIS/ADH Official dx? "Your breast was a mess." ~UniMastectomy/Chemo/Herceptin/Tamoxifen/Recon Almost Done! Oh wait. mets to liver 5/21/11 Now Stage IV Dx 8/17/2009, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Scroll to top button