Topic: Triple Negative Stage IV

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Feb 1, 2013 12:56AM

Posted on: Feb 1, 2013 12:56AM

Renae64 wrote:

This is a way for us to find each other, please add your post so everyone can be found. We can discuss on this thread (hope this works out!)

Dx 4/3/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 4/23/2012 Lumpectomy: Right

Page 103 of 306 (3,060 results)

Apr 13, 2015 10:05PM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Hi Ladies,

Well I decided to do the pill Xeloda and started it today.  So far so good.  My MO said that either were fine to try and both had good results.  So I wanted to try a standard treatment as I had already been on a study trial and kind of needed a break. The trial would have me back in Seattle once a week and I really needed to have a break from that.  So she said we could do this for now and then the trial would be an option later. 

The trial was with Erubulin as well so I have the papers and read about it and compared them and just prayed about it.  I am happy with my choice and looking forward to seeing what happens.  It's all in God's hands and I my trust is in Him.

My day went well and I didn't feel anything different.  I was a bit tired but it could have been cuz I didn't sleep well as I was a bit nervous starting a new drug.  I didn't really feel hungry today so not sure about that as I don't believe it is s se.  But I did force myself to eat so it will work.  Tomorrow I am hoping to go to Curves and get my exercising in daily, I missed it today but didn't want to go today.

Hope all have a great day tomorrow...blessings...Lucy

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Apr 15, 2015 11:59AM CatWhispurrer wrote:

Lucy - good luck with the Xeloda. I think it is a one of those that all of us will probably get at one time so please keep us posted about se. Hope it is gentle on you.

I got the results of my brain MRI and I've had a good, but not total, response. There are 3 lesions left but very reduced in size, 0.8x0.9 cm, 5 mm, 3 mm. My rad doc called today and said he wanted to do a "boost" on those spots tomorrow. I said yes, but have a call into my onc because I finally chose a trial I want to get into at UAB (Birmingham). I am scared that this may delay getting into the trial because one of the requirements is that the brain mets must be stable and off steroids for 3 months before entry into trial. March 24 was my last steroid, so hoping this "boost" doesn't require any more steroids. EDIT: My onc just called and said I will not be doing the boost tomorrow because I would have to go on steroids again and it would delay the trial. So, we will wait and do another brain MRI in a few months.

I am really excited about this trial. One drug is Veliparib (PARP inhibitor that many TN mets women are showing promising result on) and Lapatinib (Tykerb) which is approved for skin cancer but is showing promise for TN as well. I had my genes tested by Foundation One, and Lapatinib was one drug they recommended trying because I over-express EGFR. This trial only allows 2 prior treatments in the mets setting. I have had two (Taxol & cisplatin) so if I go onto another/different treatment, I would be ineligible for this trial. This is my last chance to get into it!

Tina / Chemo: Dose Dense 4 AC / 4 Taxol every two wks for 8 cycles / 33 external RADs after Chemo, 3/2014 Stage IV chest/lungs -taxol, 8/26/14 cisplatin, 2/24/15 brain mets-WBR radiation Dx 10/27/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/6/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Apr 20, 2015 07:50PM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Hey Cat,

So far my 8 days on the Xeloda have been going well. The se's are hand and foot syndrome but nothing major yet. I have noticed after an hour or so of taking my pills I have a slight tingling in my hands and fingers but it goes away after a couple of hours. I have to keep my hands and feet moisturizer at all times to lessen the soreness. On occasion I have noticed that if I wait too long to at or drink I get a little queasy. Not really nausea to where I feel like throwing up but just queasy. So I have a light snack and drink a bit and then I am good. So they said to eat something light every couple of hours so that has helped. Sometimes just water is good enough. Have had some fatigue off and on as well. On day 2 I had a couple of mouth sores but did the rinse with salt water all day and the next morning they were gone.

Had a good appt today for my followup after a week. So we shall see what week 2 holds in store.

That's great you have a trial to participate in. I just got off one as they found two lymph nodes with the stupid disease. So off the trial and waited two weeks for a washout then started the Xeloda. I had a choice of another trial with one drug but it was a weekly treatment and I was just needing a break from the past year and a half so I chose the pill. The MO said they were both good choices and neither was a better choice than the other.

So maybe we could talk on the phone sometime. I would love to hear more about your journey. It is too bad there is not much activity on the board.

We'll have a great rest of day and week if I don't hear from you.

Lucy.

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. Isaiah 41.10 Dx 8/28/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 11/5/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/25/2013 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Apr 23, 2015 04:33PM CatWhispurrer wrote:

Lucy- glad the Xeloda is not too bad so fa r and a good checkup. I am not in a trial yet. I have an appointment next Tues to talk to the onc of the trial to see if it looks like I will qualify. I don't blame you about wanting to take a pill. If I get into the trial, the 2 drugs are both pills and I would only have to go for a follow-up visit every 8 weeks.

Ask away if you would like more info on my journey. I wish the website would have a way for us to add the drugs we are getting outside the common drugs. I would like to see what everyone else has tried.

I have had a rough couple of weeks so haven't been on here. Been running 102+ fever, nausea and vomiting. I don't know what caused it but suspect getting off of Effexor plus getting chemo. I was severely dehydrated so have been getting fluids every day. I also started an antibiotic in case I have a sinus infection because my ear has been hurting. Today is the first day my temp has stayed below 100. Hopefully, I am on my way to recovery.

Hope you have a great week.

Tina / Chemo: Dose Dense 4 AC / 4 Taxol every two wks for 8 cycles / 33 external RADs after Chemo, 3/2014 Stage IV chest/lungs -taxol, 8/26/14 cisplatin, 2/24/15 brain mets-WBR radiation Dx 10/27/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/6/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Apr 30, 2015 05:15PM ReadingMama wrote:

Cat, I have heard that before about some trials, that sometimes you can only have 2 or 3 other chemo's before.  Looking into trials is one of the things I haven't gotten around to yet.  I am still on first chemo, I think.  I say I think because I was on Carbo/Gemzar and then dropped the Carbo and continued on just Gemzar.  So I wonder if that counts as 1 or two? 

Meegan - Age 47 @ 9/15/14 Mets to bone (sternum), liver, lung membrane and lymph nodes. Dx Recurrence on 10/14/11. BMX Nov 30th w/DIEP recon. Dx #1 9/2010 - ACx4, Taxolx4, Lump & ALND 2/16/11, Rads April, Herceptin 1 year, ended Nov. 2011 Dx 9/7/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 9/15/2014, IDC, Stage IV, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/6/2014 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 5/18/2015 Halaven (eribulin)

Apr 30, 2015 10:49PM SpiritBlessing wrote:

Hello Ladies,

Hope all are doing well.  Cat let me know how you're doing.

May 6, 2015 12:48PM BarbDenise64 wrote:

How is everyone doing ? I am struggling with the depression. Don't know what I would do without my son who keeps me positive and encourages me to fight. Barbara

Dx 8/2014, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, 2/15 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy

May 6, 2015 08:32PM Adnerb wrote:

Hugs to you, Barbara!

Brenda S. "Do not go gentle into that good night...Rage, rage against the dying of the light!" ~Dylan Thomas Dx 7/16/2005, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/1/2005 AC Radiation Therapy 3/14/2006 Breast Dx 7/28/2009, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/1/2009 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Dx 9/11/2013, IDC, Stage IV, 1/0 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/1/2013 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 3/7/2014 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Hormonal Therapy 11/7/2014 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 3/1/2015 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 7/7/2015 Ixempra (ixabepilone)

May 9, 2015 11:25AM BarbDenise64 wrote:

thanks so much and to you. I have my next scan coming up in a few weeks so the anxiety is rising but before that I going on holiday with the family which we haven't done for 5 years so that will be good . We are going to Galicia as I always wanted to go to Santiago de Compostela. I am not sure what the kids will make of it but we will see .

Hope everybody is doing well. Love, barbara

Dx 8/2014, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, 2/15 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy

May 9, 2015 10:33PM Beachbum1023 wrote:

Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your day Ladies!

Beachbum - AIN'T NO 5! Dx 7/15/2014, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/18/2014 AC Chemotherapy 10/13/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 12/14/2014 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Dx 12/26/2014, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 1/25/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 103 of 306 (3,060 results)

Scroll to top button