Topic: Triple Negative Stage IV

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Feb 1, 2013 03:56AM

Posted on: Feb 1, 2013 03:56AM

Renae64 wrote:

This is a way for us to find each other, please add your post so everyone can be found. We can discuss on this thread (hope this works out!)

Dx 4/3/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 4/24/2012 Lumpectomy: Right

Page 5 of 306 (3,060 results)

Feb 6, 2013 04:22PM Sistersfour wrote:

My sister has Triple Negative.  She was diagnosed in April 2011. After chemo, surgery and radiation, she thought she was done the end of Dec 2011.  It came back in the form of a brain tumor in October 2012.  That was removed successfully.  She had gamma knife to the tumor bed.  A couple of weeks ago she felt a pain in her side and thought she should get a scheduled PET scan early.  Within in 2 months of a clean PET scan, she now has scattered metastases in her liver.  The onc is concerned because it's obviously aggressive.  He put her own Ixempra & Xeloda.  I've read some good and some bad about how effective Xeloda is but not that much about Ixempra past about 2010.  Anyone have luck with this drug combo or even one or the other?  From what I've read, Ixempra appears to be a last ditch effort drug.  I hope that's not true.

Feb 6, 2013 04:39PM debbiej wrote:

Elisha,

Try these two sites  ClinicalTrials.gov and this one has not be tested in humans yet but sounds like what we have all been waiting for, PLOS ONE: Synthetic Lethal INteractions.  My husband does a lot of research on the subject and came across this.  We can only hope it gets human trails very soon, sounds very promising. 

I can't even begin to imagine what you and others with this are going through.  I am praying for a miracle too!  You hang in there!  Give that baby boy a great big hug and kiss if you are able.  I have read your story, you are an amazing person.  You have been through more than anyone should have to bear.  Please, Please, know we are all pulling for you!  

Sisters forever, Debbie

debbie

Feb 6, 2013 08:02PM tlangston07 wrote:

Elisha..I don't anything about what you are going thru but please know you are in my Prayers. I also read some of your blog..what a inspiration you are but I hate it so much that you are going thru all of this. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing. Hugs!!

Sisterfour..I also don't know anything about lsempra but I am sure there are others on here that will jump in and lt you know..Prayers and Hugs for all of your family!

Luv..I hope that you have a wonderful trip. And def a "no cancer zone".  Enjoy yourself a nd leave all of this sh.t behind you.

Hugs!!

Terry

Dx 1/16/2012, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 1/18 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Feb 8, 2013 02:00PM - edited Feb 8, 2013 02:01PM by Carolben

Hi, I'm new here - went for my first 3 month checkup after finishing tx for triple neg bc and they found mets in my lungs.

I start 6 rounds of Paclitaxel next Friday, weekly x 3, 1 week off for 6 rounds.

I'm still in shock and can't believe I've gone from a stage 1 DCIS to stage IV so fast - it's only last year May I was diagnosed with the bc!!

I dont know if I'm in the right place on this thread?

Help!

xxx

love, courage and grace. Mets to lungs Feb 2013, 8 Dec 2014 brain mets Dx 5/14/2012, DCIS, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 5/23/2012 Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 6/22/2012 AC Radiation Therapy 9/25/2012 Breast Dx 2/4/2013, Stage IV, mets Chemotherapy 2/15/2013 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 11/20/2013 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 7/18/2014 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2014 Brain Dx mets

Feb 8, 2013 02:09PM Renae64 wrote:

Yes, this is the right thread. I am sorry. TN is too, too fast. I went from Stage 2 to 4 during treatment, less than 6 months! Hugs, Renae

Dx 4/3/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 4/24/2012 Lumpectomy: Right

Feb 8, 2013 02:58PM marywh wrote:

Hi Carolben, and welcome. Sorry to hear about your dx. If there is any thing good that can come out of tn its that if you find a chemo that works well, it does just that. For how long nobody knows. But Ive learned after having bc for 5 years its all just a crap shoot that we all live with day by day. Its how you make the most of it that matters. Would love to hear more about you, Have you done the stage 4 roll call yet? I love reading about everybody.

Dx 1/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 2/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 6/15/2008 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 9/1/2008 Breast Surgery 8/5/2011 Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 8/25/2012 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel), Carboplatin (Paraplatin) Chemotherapy AC Chemotherapy Doxil (doxorubicin), Xeloda (capecitabine)

Feb 8, 2013 03:04PM bottkota wrote:

Sorry you have to join us Carolben!  I agree with marywh....there are some chemo combos that work great for us and work for a long period of time!  come here often for comfort and support!  This is a great place to vent and find answers!

Cathi

Dx 11/2009, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Feb 8, 2013 04:17PM Sjayne2u wrote:

Hi Carolben. Sorry you had to join us, but welcome. I too enjoy reading the stories here and have learned lots.

Dx 8/14/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Feb 8, 2013 07:45PM debbiej wrote:

Hi Carol, I too am sorry you had to find us, but we are here for support and information.  These girls know there stuff and have always been a great source of info for me.  I went from stage I to stage IV as well in less than a month.  What probably happened with you and is what happened to me.  It was there the whole time but they just saw the breast first.  They found mine by doing an x-ray before surgery than finally followed up on the shadow they saw.  Of course they told me at first it was probably 99% not cancerous.  Well it was thus stage IV.  I have had three Taxol treatments now and I have not idea if they are working.  I wonder if Taxol worked for anyone?  Take care and stay with us!  Debbie

debbie

Feb 9, 2013 02:21AM snickers123 wrote:

Good Evening Ladies

I just found this forum and I too am TNBC Stage IV. Dx stage 2A (no lymph node involvement) and 1 mos. after my 6 months of AC+T, ct scans showed mets to liver/lungs. This was June 2012. My onc. gave me 4 months to live if we did not get the cancer stabilized. I went on Carbo/Gemzar and within 2 months NED to lungs and liver tumors shrunk 85 percent. I am now NED in both and am taking Gemzar only. Yes it is a huge terrible shock when one goes from early stage dx to mets especially in such a short time.

It seems every ache and pain I have now, I panic thinking the cancer is roaring its ugly head. My onc. tells me that symptoms does not show that quick, so relax, but it is hard to when one has to struggle with the mental game everyday.

So, hang in there and coming up with a game plan does help.

lots of cyber hugs

Snickers

Dx 10/31/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 5 of 306 (3,060 results)

Scroll to top button