Topic: How are people with liver mets doing?

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Aug 16, 2013 07:02PM

Posted on: Aug 16, 2013 07:02PM

blondie1 wrote:

I continue to be very scared once I found my liver mets progressed after having to go off doxil. I am hoping to find some support in alleviating my deep seated fears by hearing other stories of people living and dealing with liver mets. My onc says I have such a petite frame (105) that an enlarged liver will definitely cause me some pain until chemo takes care of it.

How are others doing and getting through this with a positive attitude?

Page 1938 of 1,938 (19,372 results)

Jul 2, 2022 11:42AM b-a-p wrote:

hi Salius , thanks for checking in. I’ve been off for the last two weeks bc I was on vacation. We had to drive 3 days to get to our destination , spend 8 days with family and then the 3 days back. I’m exhausted. Me and boat rides do not mix well. Otherwise the trip was uneventful health wise thank goodness. I was nervous I’d get stuck up there in the hospital. Just got home today and I’m exhausted

I’m about a week behind on treatment but that’s okay. It was a nice little break from reality except having to drain daily and do my dressing changes.

Nicole , I’ve had blood in my urine too. First the culture came back positive and I took fofomyosin for it. But it continues. So I’m having a urology appointment Monday and they will be doing a scope of my urinary tract. Not looki bc forward to it as it involves a freezing needle to the lady parts and they go up the urethra.

Anyway my pet scan is at the end of the month. Hoping for stable or shrinkage of course.

Dx 8/17/2018, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/18/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil) Surgery 2/26/2019 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right) Radiation Therapy 4/29/2019 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Targeted Therapy 10/1/2021 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Hormonal Therapy 10/1/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 2, 2022 12:30PM nicolerod wrote:

S3K.... No break in treatment for Microwave ablation...that was one of the reasons she picked it. I don't think the Trodelvy is working anyhow...but as long as things stay very slow maybe I can somehow get to stable.

I did ask my MO about the chemo Venorelbine.... she said it is an option but it works the same as Eribulin/Halaven..which I have already had so ....yea.... I am thinking it probably wont work then... I also asked about Lxempra combined with Xeloda (I did Xeloda for 3 months when I was ER+ and I progressed) she said she wouldn't do it in combination even though I mentioned I know some TNBC Stage 4 that did it and it worked well...she said that would be a in a trial??? So that would only leave me with a trial of some kind or GEM/CARBO or Abraxane. I am PDL1 neg now and AR-

Is there a Gem/Carbo thread I wanted to ask some questions about it?

Dx 12/14 Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR, HER2- (FISH),Dx 04/19, Stage IV mets to bone/liver, Hormonal Therapy 04/19 - 10/19 Ibrance/let/faslodex 10/19 Cryoblation on 2 of 4 tumors in liver. Dec 2019-May 2020 Xeloda Failed May-July 2020 - Doxil Failed Dx 12/19/2014, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/5/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 3/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2019 Surgery Chemotherapy Doxil (doxorubicin) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy Surgery Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right)

Page 1938 of 1,938 (19,372 results)

Scroll to top button