Log in to post a reply
Jun 29, 2020 06:47PM
Thank you for the detailed reply .
she went to indian MO yesterday , i spoke to him over the phone too . till now my mother never had genetic testing , so he ordered a liver biopsy to get it tested for hormone receptor status (immunuhisto chemistry) and genetic testing including FGFR1 and P13K and some other genes , he called it NGS testing (next generation sequencing). He said its very unlikely for your mom not responding to ibrance coz 87% do respond to it , which is why i think its important to know about the tumor biology.
So mom gave her blood to get tested for COVID , HIV , Hep-c , its a requirement before any invasive procedure, soon when test results come out (hopefully no scares here ) biopsy will be scheduled. as per plan indian MO said that if the hormone status stays same ( ER PR positive HER2neu negative ) then she will have more treatment options and he would probably prescribe PIQRAY(alpelisib) if things go as predicted. i hope her hormone status stays same and there is no scare there.
This will take 10-12 days for biopsy results to be in hand . till then she is on ARAMIDEX daily ( she discontinued ibrance) and the doctor precribed her FULVESTRAT injections 5ml on each butt on Day1 DAY15 Day28 and he also prescribed XGEVA(Denosumab) injection and some calcium and multivitamin pills. i asked coz she isnt on any hard chemo/anticancer pill will there be flare ups till we get biopsy and nesxt line of treatment to which he answered No . I made my mom take the injections yesterday itself.
answering your question she already went thru AC soon after her lumpectomy and axillary dissection surgery and after AC she was given TAXOL and then radiations to her breast and axilla.
Besides that i uploaded pet scans and blood labs to MDA mychart and system and the MDA oncologist care team has seen the message but not responded yet , but as far as i interacted with him he always advices to go meet a local oncologist coz obviously my mom is not in america right now so i will let be and give him time to respond till i wait for the biopsy results .
one the biopsy results come i will have online consult with him and ask him what his next line of treatment would be now that he knows my moms tumor biology and genetic results . i will update both indian MO and MDA MO line of treatment once i get biospy and oncee i get a word from MDA.
i am still waiting for international flights to open up but also working to get next line of treatment ASAP so that she starts taking the pills and gets here , once she is here i am planning to go MDA and also consult Dr Cristofanilli in chicago and move her here with me in chicago , (texas is scary and lot a of travel and for some reason i am not liking MDA responses coz they kinda abadoning the patient or playing safe, i just dont know how to react to them ,my mom came all the way from india to MDA, paid out of pocket for everything, we sold off so much assets just for mom and now all we get is to wait for msgs on mychart ) .
till then i am just praying and giving my mom strength . she is much stronger than i am but when she sees me getting quit she feels that now things are going downhill , my bad i sometimes cant control my emotions with her , you know the scan results day, its always low feeling and then u get up gather your strength again to gt back up to fight the next day.
one thing really disturbs me is when the indian MO said that if her hormone status changes then its less than 2 years for her and if the hormone status stays same( ER PR positive Her2neu negative) then you can add another year so total 3 years . For some reason i dont want to believe in these stats and i want my mom to proove these stats wrong .
Did anyone outlive the doctors predictions ?
3/25/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 4/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH)
3/31/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel
4/24/2017 AC + T (Taxol)
10/20/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes
12/1/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)
1/23/2019, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC)
2/26/2019 Xeloda (capecitabine)
4/5/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)
4/5/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole)
6/26/2020, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver