Join Us

We are 225,762 members in 83 forums discussing 164,200 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: How are people with liver mets doing?

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Posted on: Aug 16, 2013 07:02PM

blondie1 wrote:

I continue to be very scared once I found my liver mets progressed after having to go off doxil. I am hoping to find some support in alleviating my deep seated fears by hearing other stories of people living and dealing with liver mets. My onc says I have such a petite frame (105) that an enlarged liver will definitely cause me some pain until chemo takes care of it.

How are others doing and getting through this with a positive attitude?

Page 571 of 616 (18,455 results)

Posts 17101 - 17130 (18,455 total)

Jul 13, 2021 07:10PM - edited Jul 13, 2021 07:11PM by DaughterOf

Alabama & Cure thank you so much for this. This is what I've been reading about online and I'm glad I can go ahead and push for doctors to obtain this for her.

The biggest irony is I am a doctor myself, but freshly graduated and it seems like all my vast knowledge is useless at this point and I feel like a complete idiot when treating my patients in the covid hospital but can't help my own mother.

Dx 11/2012, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIC, 4/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2021, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER-/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy FAC Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Surgery Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jul 13, 2021 08:07PM BlueGirlRedState wrote:

Nicole - Hugs. Why is the beast so hard to conquer and why do some treatments work for some, but not for others. I hope you find a treatment that is a cure. More Hugs.

Jul 13, 2021 09:55PM KarPC wrote:

Nicole - Thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

​May 2021 lung nodule flipped from ER+ to triple negative. Liver tumor may still be ER+ Dx 4/2016, IDC, Both breasts, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 5/17/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Chemotherapy 6/10/2016 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 10/1/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 2/1/2018, IDC, <1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 2/2/2018 External: Liver Targeted Therapy 2/16/2018 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2018 Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy 2/19/2020 Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy 10/14/2020 Afinitor (everolimus) Targeted Therapy 6/1/2021 Piqray (alpelisib)

Jul 13, 2021 11:07PM Sadiesservant wrote:

Sending hugs Nicole. I hope you hear from your MO quickly.

Dx 4/2001, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/10 nodes, ER+ Surgery 5/10/2001 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 6/7/2001 CEF Radiation Therapy 12/17/2001 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2001 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2007 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/22/2007 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 1/3/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/27/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 3/28/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 4/20/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 10/12/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to other Chemotherapy 10/20/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 11/15/2017 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 1/18/2018 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Radiation Therapy 8/2/2018 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 11/5/2018 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 10/9/2019 Verzenio Radiation Therapy 11/3/2020 External: Bone Dx 1/22/2021, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/4/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 10/8/2021 Navelbine (vinorelbine) Chemotherapy 1/7/2022 Halaven (eribulin)

Jul 14, 2021 05:18AM BSandra wrote:

Hugs, Nicole... please, write us after you talk to your MO... can everything once again be assessed with ultrasound, as SUV values are a bit strange (pretty low)? Were they same low in previous PETs when progression was confirmed? Lymph node is not big at all, almost in normal ranges, and neck lymph nodes are usually bigger, and very low SUV, so maybe just some inflammation? Saulius

Since May'21:NED. Mar'21:axilla LN surgery. Sep'19-Mar'21:NED. Feb'19:recurrence, left breast,IBC. May'18-Feb'19:NED. Jun'18:DC/CIK. Aug'17:stage IV de novo at age 33. Dx 8/4/2017, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 8/27/2017 Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 8/28/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/28/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 3/12/2019 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 7/22/2019 Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/9/2019 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 4/15/2021 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 12/13/2021 3DCRT: Lymph nodes

Jul 14, 2021 05:21PM DaughterOf wrote:

Hello again everyone, hope you're all doing well. I am very new to the whole stage 4 thing so please forgive the many questions and me not giving any answers to all of your concerns.

I pushed for ibrance and after several consultations with other oncologists my mum's onco decided to put her on AI + ibrance 75mg. I know that usually starting dosage is 125mg but he said her liver is too damaged?? 2 lesions of 5cm and 5+ small ones up to 1cm. Is this what he's saying normal? Is 75mg an okay starting dosage?

Will ibrance work at all if she's Er- but PgR +?

And another hard question, but maybe you have experience or have heard stories.. What are her odds with all this treatment and cyber knife? Can I hope for a few years with her where we can lead at least semi normal life? She's already given up and her defence mechanism is to argue and blame everyone. I just want my mom back.

Dx 11/2012, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIC, 4/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2021, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER-/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy FAC Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Surgery Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jul 14, 2021 07:52PM NicoleRod wrote:

So my MO called. She spoke to the IR... they didn't want me to do anymore Y90 bc my MO was afraid if I have that reaction again I would be off meds again for a long time. (Ill get back to that in a minute). The IR said the tumors that were already Y90'd are still dead but there are 3 new tumors... I looks like it is near the dome? The IR said that she should be able to get a biopsy. So i have to get that scheduled. My MO wanted to go right to Abraxane...I told her my concern is that will be a 4th line of chemo 1. Doxil 2. Xeloda 3. Eribulin... and that could eliminate me from trials. I asked if the Abraxane could be paired with Tecentriq since my biopsy in 2019 showed 10% PDL1...she said right now its not approved unless you are TNBC but some trials including one at my cancer center sometimes allow it if you have some PDL1 - she has to look into it but also wasn't so confident that the tecentriq would make much difference based on past performace (my wording not hers, paraphasing) ...she completely understood my concern though about jumping into abraxane before the FULL tempus comes back. She said the HER2 , ER Status comes back in like 5 days but all the others could take a few weeks she is fearful of waiting almost a month. I UNDERSTAND her concern....so I asked her if she would re-consider being on board and telling the IR that we could do the Y90 IF the tumors are NOT NEAR the colon wall like last time...she said yes she would be ok with that...if we kill those new tumors at least 2 then that could buy us time till the full Tempus comes back. I told her I want the AR tested for as well.

My MO agreed with (what Saulius said) the 2 nodes are very tiny with very low uptake and is not concerned about them could be inflammation but not sure.,..again...not concerned with them. I do need to speak to my RO about the T3 bc that is hurting.

So I will try to set up the biopsy for asap...

Any thoughts?

Dx 12/14 Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR, HER2- (FISH),Dx 04/19, Stage IV mets to bone/liver, Hormonal Therapy 04/19 - 10/19 Ibrance/let/faslodex 10/19 **TNBC AUG 2021 Dec 2019-May 2020 Xeloda Failed May-July 2020 - Doxil Failed Dx 12/19/2014, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 2/5/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 3/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/28/2019 Surgery Chemotherapy Doxil (doxorubicin) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy Surgery Mastectomy: Left, Right

Jul 14, 2021 08:20PM KarPC wrote:

Nicole. Getting a new biopsy is a great plan. These decisions are always so tough to make but I am glad your options were discussed so quickly. I agree with Saulius on the neck node. I often get a 2-something SUV in my neck lymph nodes from inflammation. I see it on one PET scan then it's gone on the next.

Daughterof - It's good that a treatment plan is in place. I am proud of you for supporting your mom while she goes through the emotions of the diagnosis. When I was first diagnosed, I was very angry too. I was told I might have 2 years to live and expected to have a low quality of life. That initial anger and shock simmered down after a few months and I started living my life and feeling hope that I would live longer. I've been stage 4 with mets to the lungs and liver for 3.5 years. I work and have a good quality of life. Sure my life is not the same as before but it's so much better than I expected. Cancer is tough but we don't know what will happen. When your mom is ready, there are many motivational books to read that may give her hope such as Radical Remission by Kelly Turner. Please remember to take care of yourself too! -

​May 2021 lung nodule flipped from ER+ to triple negative. Liver tumor may still be ER+ Dx 4/2016, IDC, Both breasts, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 5/17/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Chemotherapy 6/10/2016 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 10/1/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 2/1/2018, IDC, <1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 2/2/2018 External: Liver Targeted Therapy 2/16/2018 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2018 Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy 2/19/2020 Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy 10/14/2020 Afinitor (everolimus) Targeted Therapy 6/1/2021 Piqray (alpelisib)

Jul 14, 2021 08:38PM BevJen wrote:

Nicole,

Sounds like your doc and the IR need to check out a few things first. I'd be really careful about where the new lesions are considering what you went through before. I have some new lesions and my IR won't touch them, so be very sure on that.

I think the new biopsy is really, really important -- it's been a while since you've had one and it could be a game changer. I'd get that done ASAP if you can. Bummer that it takes a while for full report, but if the HR info comes back quickly, that might provide a new direction.

Good luck and keep us all informed.

Microwave Ablations,Liver 3x ;Radiation Therapy to Femur (Both) April 2021; total hip replacement (R) and placement of rod (L) to stabilize femur both sides; immunotherapy (single agent - keytruda) Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, 13/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+, HER2- Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Immunotherapy Keytruda (pembrolizumab) Surgery Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy

Jul 14, 2021 09:28PM Kabuki wrote:

I had breast cancer 11 years ago and went through mastectomy, chemo and radiation. I went to the emergency room due to right sided pain. The cat scan shows multiple lesions in my liver. The largest is 9.3 x 7.3 cm and is in segments 5 and 6. Several smaller rim-enhancing masses are identified more superiorly within the right lobe as well as within segments 2 and 4 of the left lobe. Findings are highly suggested of metastatic disease. It doesn’t state how many tumors are present.

I did searches on prognosis and most are months for this many tumors. I had a biopsy yesterday and see a new oncologist on Friday.

What treatment can I expect?

Dx 6/2009, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 3/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 7/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Targeted Therapy Verzenio Radiation Therapy Surgery Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Jul 14, 2021 09:40PM moth wrote:

Kabuki, sorry you find yourself facing this diagnosis. You can scroll up through the participants on this thread & see our signature lines - many of us have been here for much longer than months with liver mets. Treatment (assuming it is breast ca mets and not a different disease) will be at least partly dependent on hormone markers. Liver mets can respond to treatments - it really varies from person to person. These early days are very difficult - be gentle with yourself.

Nicole, I hope the biopsy results come through asap and I'm glad you have at least the outlines of a plan.

I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously?? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: Never Tell Me the Odds

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/19/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/26/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Dx 12/9/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, PR-, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External: Chest wall Dx 1/28/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External: Bone

Jul 14, 2021 11:09PM SeeQ wrote:

Kabuki, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. A year ago, I was just where you are now. The first thing the oncologist (MO) told me was to think in terms of years, not months. Treatments have come a long way. Your biopsy results will guide the MO to know how to start treating you. Please come back and let us know what you learn.

Diagnosed de novo Stage IV; large liver mets; small breast tumor Dx 6/2/2020, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 7/2/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 7/9/2020 Verzenio

Jul 14, 2021 11:38PM Kabuki wrote:

Thank you moth and SeeQ. I'll get the histology results on Friday morning and I see the oncologist in the afternoon. The breast cancer was PR+Her-

Even if hormone status remains positive I wonder if the oncologist will recommend chemo since there are so many lesions and the size of the biggest is very concerning.

Dx 6/2009, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 3/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 7/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Targeted Therapy Verzenio Radiation Therapy Surgery Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Jul 15, 2021 05:44AM DaughterOf wrote:

Kabuki my mum seems to be in a similar boat. She has two lesions that are 5cm in size and a lot of smaller ones. How are you feeling? How are your liver enzymes?

My mum has no symptoms and her liver function seems to be very good at the moment.

They now want to put her on AI and Ibrance and do cyber knife and something called thomo therapy which is, from my understanding, radiation through the whole body.

I'm not sure if the oncologists here are any good but they're trying to avoid chemo for as long as possible but want to diminish her liver lesions with radiation. Her metastatic breast cancer is also PgR+/Her2- and her primary tumor was strongly Er and PgR +, Her2-.

Jul 15, 2021 06:02AM - edited Jul 15, 2021 06:06AM by ShetlandPony

Kabuki, while the first treatment for ER/PR+ Her2- is often an anti-estrogen such as letrozole plus a cdk 4/6 inhibitor such as Ibrance, you are correct that chemo may be used first if there are extensive liver mets. Typically this would be a taxane. What treatments you had in the past and the results of a current biopsy can also inform the plan. Don't panic. You are ok right now. Soon you will start treatment and most people feel calmer once there is a plan. In my case I started with taxol, which was very doable and effective.

2011 Stage I ITCs sn, premenopausal, Oncotype 16. 2014 Stage IV mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD 1 1/2yrs. GI/perit mets Dx 2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy

Jul 15, 2021 09:31AM - edited Jul 15, 2021 10:32AM by SeeQ

Edited, because I was a day ahead of myself - today is Thursday

Kabuki, I had large (11.8cm, 4.7cm) +numerous tumors, all in the right lobe. My liver enzymes were elevated, but not through the roof, and I was started on Verzenio (CDK 4/6 inhibitor) + anastrozole (AI). I responded very well and I'm currently NED. I know not everyone responds the same to every treatment, but my point is that there may still be multiple options. Is it tomorrow that you get the biopsy results, or next Friday? Waiting is so hard.

Diagnosed de novo Stage IV; large liver mets; small breast tumor Dx 6/2/2020, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 7/2/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 7/9/2020 Verzenio

Jul 15, 2021 10:45AM Grannax2 wrote:

My MO says when I come back in October, after my 3 month break, she wants me to take Ixempra with Xeloda. Has anyone heard of it or taken it? I haven’t been able to find a thread here for it.

I’m also wondering about Trodelvy. Although it’s for Triple Negative I think someone on here said there’s a way to get it for ERPR +. I know it’s in clinical trials for +. Can anyone here explain it to me, again? It also sounds horribly expensive and I’ve heard it’s not covered by Medicare?

Although my body is getting a break from chemo, my brain won’t shut down. UGH. So, I guess I’ll just give-in and post an occasional question.

I’m trying to get my iron saturation up. It’s only 14%. My doc said to take Slow FE. I’m on an off- brand of it. 45 mg of slow release iron, 2 pills a day. I’ll have labs on August 18 to see if it’s helping.

Jul 15, 2021 10:46AM lafsunshine wrote:

Kabuki,

Like SeeQ, I was diagnosed a year ago, but, with mets to the liver, sternum and lymph nodes. My MO put me on Ibrance and Faslodex. I was NEAD in my liver until my pet scan last week showed that it’s reared its ugly head again in my liver. My sternum lesion has also grown. So now I am off to start keytruda and taxol. There are so many lines of treatment, so hang in there! I know this is a scary time -took me awhile to adjust to being metastatic, it’s overwhelming. Stop, breathe, know that there are lots of treatments out there. You will find that this group will offer so much information and support.

7/2021- Keytruda + Abraxane Dx 1/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Dx 7/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jul 15, 2021 11:24AM Sadiesservant wrote:

Hi Grannax,

I found this thread: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/866942?page=2#post_5566365 but it doesn't seem very active. I don't think many are on it.

Kabuki/Daughter, just want to send my support. I'm relatively new to this thread as my liver mets appeared on a scan in January but Xeloda knocked them almost completely back. There is hope that treatments can get things under control.

Dx 4/2001, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/10 nodes, ER+ Surgery 5/10/2001 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 6/7/2001 CEF Radiation Therapy 12/17/2001 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2001 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2007 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/22/2007 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 1/3/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/27/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 3/28/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 4/20/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 10/12/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to other Chemotherapy 10/20/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 11/15/2017 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 1/18/2018 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Radiation Therapy 8/2/2018 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 11/5/2018 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 10/9/2019 Verzenio Radiation Therapy 11/3/2020 External: Bone Dx 1/22/2021, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/4/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 10/8/2021 Navelbine (vinorelbine) Chemotherapy 1/7/2022 Halaven (eribulin)

Jul 15, 2021 12:03PM candy-678 wrote:

Nicole- I am chiming in late--- just catching up with the posts. I think you getting a biopsy sounds like a good plan. I am following your situation, as you had Y90 not too long ago, had all that trouble with it, and now have 3 new tumors. I am contemplating Y90 or such local treatment and wonder if it is worth all the problems to just have more tumors pop up later. But that is what I am struggling with, and I should not compare you with me, I know. I pray for you and that you could get a handle on your cancer and get to stable. Hug

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Xgeva use for bone mets. Liver bx Apr 2021 shows ER- now. Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/31/2017 AC Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 11/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Dx 4/2021, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER-/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Targeted Therapy 9/3/2021 Lynparza Hormonal Therapy 9/4/2021 Zoladex (goserelin)

Jul 15, 2021 02:13PM theresa45 wrote:

Grannax – Your posts are always welcome! I'm ER+/PR+/HER2- and my oncologist was able to get Trodelvy approved by my insurance (Anthem Blue Cross PPO, not Medicare). She estimated that she had a 50% chance of getting it approved. Unfortunately, it did not work for me, but I had already been on 12 months of Enhertu which delivers a similar chemo. I don't know anything about the combination of Ixempra and Xeloda. I was on Xeloda as a monotherapy for about 6 months before progression a few years ago. I hope that you are feeling well enough to enjoy your beautiful family!

Dx 4/20/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 15, 2021 06:16PM Kabuki wrote:

Thank you all for your information and support. I stopped by the lab today and got the results. It’s metastatic breast cancer. ER+ PR-, HER 2 unclear do pending FISH study. GATA 3 Positive, diffuse and strong.

it doesn’t mention cell grade but does state moderate pleomorphism. I wonder if that means grade 2. That’s what they were in the primary.

I see the oncologist tomorrow. I previously had ACT, mastectomy and radiation. I have heart failure from the red devil so I don’t know if that will limit treatment choices.

Jul 15, 2021 06:28PM Kabuki wrote:

Daughterof, I have been feeling really tired for a year and a half with no energy. Sometimes I would have stabbing pains in my right side but I thought it was from lifting or pulled muscle. I had a pain for about 9 days that wouldn’t go away and kept getting worse. I finally went to urgent care and the PA sent me for a CAT Scan. My liver enzymes and the rest of the blood work was normal. The Emergency Room physician said there was nothing wrong with me because my blood work and urinalysis were normal. If the PA did not order the scan I would have been sent home

Jul 15, 2021 08:22PM moth wrote:

grannax2, I'm going to send you a pm about Trodelvy

I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously?? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: Never Tell Me the Odds

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/19/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/26/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Dx 12/9/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, PR-, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External: Chest wall Dx 1/28/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External: Bone

Jul 16, 2021 02:51AM faroutstar wrote:

All - my mom was just diagnosed with Liver mets with innumberable lesions on the liver. I was curious if there are any of you who has had the CTC test done and what your numbers are and what exactly does it mean?

My mom just had one and her numbers came back at 39 per sample. She has a PET Scan tomorrow but this number seems alarmingly high from an older post I saw where people had ZERO. We do not see her oncologist until after the PET next week so I am pretty anxious. These results showing to portals before the dr is able to explain is pretty much killing my anxiety let alone my moms.

Thanks in advance for any help or direction here.

Please note I am here posting for my mom. This is her diagnosis. Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 6/15/2021, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, 8/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 7/6/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 7/6/2021 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Jul 16, 2021 08:11AM DaughterOf wrote:

Hi Faroutstar,

I understand how you're feeling because I'm in a similar situation as you. How's your mom handling it? Has it spread anywhere else? Do they know histopathology details or have a treatment plan?

I wish I had answers about CTC but unfortunately I'm only learning about this test now. How important is it to have this done? Should I push for my mum's doctors to do this?

Stay safe and remember to take care of yourself too. I've lost so much weight already from stress alone.

Jul 16, 2021 12:06PM NinaCA wrote:

Kabuki, Sorry for your news but think years not months. My story -liver Mets in 2002 and I’m still around! There are many new drugs that you could respond to- shrink the damn tumors systematically. Many possibilities out there. A good book to read is Radical Remission- surviving cancer against all odds, by Kelly Turner

Dx 2/1998, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIA, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/2003, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2015, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 1/2020, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, ER+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Surgery Surgery

Jul 16, 2021 12:12PM candy-678 wrote:

NinaCA- Your profile says just 3 meds in all this time? Is your profile correct? Any local therapy on the liver mets? Wow if the profile is correct. Since 2003 to liver no less.

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Xgeva use for bone mets. Liver bx Apr 2021 shows ER- now. Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/31/2017 AC Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 11/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Dx 4/2021, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER-/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Targeted Therapy 9/3/2021 Lynparza Hormonal Therapy 9/4/2021 Zoladex (goserelin)

Jul 16, 2021 12:22PM leftfootforward wrote:

well the results of the pathology posted to my portal late last night. The biopsy shows a cyst that has hurtle cells that don’t look normal but can’t be confirmed to be cancerous. So I have a weird looking cyst that may or may not be thyroid cancer. Some hurtle cells thyroid cancers are benign others are not. My biopsy could not determine which this was. I already had the right line of my thyroid resented in 2003 so if I take this out, I won’t have any thyroid left and will need to take meds to replace it. I’m fine with that. I will wait to see what my MO says.

It’s always something.

Dx 12/13/2010, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 1/16 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 12/4/2012, IDC, Stage IV, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Jul 16, 2021 12:29PM DaughterOf wrote:

Nina your story is so inspiring. I am happy that there's someone out there who's beating all the odds of this horrible disease.

Does anyone know of a forum where I can find posts of women who are Er-, PgR+ and Her2-? It seems this type is not very common and I'd like to see what my mum's odds are with hormone and targeted therapy.

Page 571 of 616 (18,455 results)