Join Us

We are 225,719 members in 83 forums discussing 164,194 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: How are people with liver mets doing?

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Posted on: Aug 16, 2013 07:02PM

blondie1 wrote:

I continue to be very scared once I found my liver mets progressed after having to go off doxil. I am hoping to find some support in alleviating my deep seated fears by hearing other stories of people living and dealing with liver mets. My onc says I have such a petite frame (105) that an enlarged liver will definitely cause me some pain until chemo takes care of it.

How are others doing and getting through this with a positive attitude?

Page 607 of 615 (18,436 results)

Posts 18181 - 18210 (18,436 total)

Nov 25, 2021 03:45AM BSandra wrote:

Dear Shetland, glad that the surgery went well but so sorry some nodules have been found. Did the surgeon take at least one nodule for examination - they might be benign?

Aaa, account has been compromised, wow, sorry Dee:/

Saulius

Since May'21:NED. Mar'21:axilla LN surgery. Sep'19-Mar'21:NED. Feb'19:recurrence, left breast,IBC. May'18-Feb'19:NED. Jun'18:DC/CIK. Aug'17:stage IV de novo at age 33. Dx 8/4/2017, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 8/27/2017 Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 8/28/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/28/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 3/12/2019 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 7/22/2019 Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/9/2019 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 4/15/2021 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 12/13/2021 3DCRT: Lymph nodes

Nov 25, 2021 09:08AM B-A-P wrote:

hi Salius ,

I’m doing okay. Adjusting to the new normal of my body which is frustrating at times. The ascites are annoying and while I’m smallish cause I drain for comfort almost everyday, I still find it difficult to adjust. I just finished my first week of cycle 2 of ibrance at the lowest dose , and I’m desperately hoping that it is the magic ticket to keeping my WBCs from tanking and me getting peritonitis again. I don’t want to be hospitalized during the holidays. And I hate being admitted , it’s very boring.
i have mid way bloodwork next Friday so that should give us an idea of what to expect. So fingers crossed . This cycle ends on my birthday this year :)

Plus I’m hoping I can tolerate the 75 regularly without the severe drop in counts because I do think my MO isn’t going to offer other treatment. I would definitely push for it because I know that some drugs are just harder to take than others , but it’s my impression she won’t because when she offered the 75, she said she couldn’t guarantee I wouldn’t get another infection and that we can try it or do nothing. *sigh*

I’m supposed to have a pet scan in about 7 weeks if I can get through three whole cycles so hopefully we will see some stability or better yet, improvement

Dx 8/17/2018, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 9/17/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil) Surgery 2/26/2019 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 4/28/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Targeted Therapy 10/7/2021 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Prophylactic ovary removal Chemotherapy Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Nov 25, 2021 10:45AM Husband11 wrote:

B-A-P: What is the cause of the peritonitis?

I saw a post by Dee, showing good news about her getting closer to getting into a trial. So I posted a congratulatory post, and when I was finished, her post was gone, so I deleted my post.

Concerned husband Dx 2008, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 5/2016, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Nov 25, 2021 11:20AM Moderators wrote:

Hi all! This is to let you know Alabamadee's account was once again compromised. We have now disabled that account, per her request, and she will post here once she has created a new account. Please let us know via PM if you have any questions!--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Nov 25, 2021 11:20AM B-A-P wrote:

Husband ,

Hard to say exactly what but it is common in those who have advanced liver disease/cirrhosis.

apparently being on PPIs doesn’t help either. I’m on them because of the esophageal bleeding I had and the cirrhosis. The Cirrhosis can cause SIBO as well and bacteria gets into the peritoneum and ascitic fluid. I am on prophylactic antibiotics for this but my ibrance cycle caused severe wbc depletion that an infection was able to take hold. This is why we decreased my dose to 75mg in hopes that my WBCs will hold better. I amquite nervous this will keep happening. the peritonitis can be fatal and I can’t imagine having recurrent infections and treatment for it helps. Probably will become resistant at some point. I’m really trying to think positive but being so close to the holidays I’m extra worried. I just want it to be a good one. And I’d like to stay on treatment.

Sigh

Dx 8/17/2018, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 9/17/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil) Surgery 2/26/2019 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 4/28/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Targeted Therapy 10/7/2021 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Prophylactic ovary removal Chemotherapy Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Nov 25, 2021 11:28AM Husband11 wrote:

Thanks BAP. I really hope the lowered dose of abemaciclib (I think that's what you are on) both reduces sides and remains effective. My wife is asking for a dose reduction, as she has problems with her guts. She may be getting some ascites again, slowly. She feels bloated. She also has some thickening of the peritoneum as shown on her last MRI, so I was wondering if your peritonitis might be what she is also experiencing. Her blood tests are showing things improving, normal liver values, low end of range for hemoglobin, tumor markers a tiny bit lower than last. But her energy is poor once again, and she is experiencing bloating and nausea. She quit the enobosarm, to see if that was the problem, but it doesn't seem to be.

Concerned husband Dx 2008, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 5/2016, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Nov 25, 2021 02:01PM nixie wrote:

dear husband, how is your wife's wbc? a high wbc usually indicates inflammation or infection.

dear bap, i dont post often. if you look at my previous posts you will find a study re ppis and palbociclib. it looks like mixing the two is no good. a metastatic breast ca nurse at our hospital suggested using ranitidine instead of nexium as thats a h2-receptor antagonist and not a ppi.

Nov 25, 2021 02:07PM - edited Nov 25, 2021 02:42PM by B-A-P

Husband ,

Hopefully that isn't the case and the ascites stays away or low. Her numbers seem similar to mine. My liver numbers have improved and hemoglobin has usually stayed just slightly under normal. I bloat every time I eat. And sometimes I drain just to take that pressure off.

Nixie , from my understanding the ibrance and PPI don't go together if it's the capsule of ibrance vs the tablet. The capsule requires that you have a meal with it. But the tablet does not. I have spoken to the oncology pharmacist who looked into it and reiterated that it was only a concern when taking the capsule. Does your research show its an issue for either formulation

Nov 25, 2021 03:44PM Husband11 wrote:

BAP, did you get a line put in so you can drain at home?

Nov 25, 2021 05:42PM B-A-P wrote:

Husband,

I did. They weren’t going to at first but I was so large that i complained to my MO that going for paracentisis twice a week was not enough and also an infection risk. That and I’d need to be at the hospital all the time (cause they make you do INR blood tests every week for it ). It’s very convenient but it still irksome to have a tube sticking out of my body :

Nov 25, 2021 06:56PM S3K5 wrote:

BAP, so sorry to read about what you are going through. I really hope and pray that you spend the holidays out of the hospital. Hope you feel better soon. You are really brave,

S3K5 Dx 3/24/2008, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 4/15/2008 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 5/30/2013 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 2/1/2019 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 4/5/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 10/30/2019 CMF Targeted Therapy 7/7/2020 Piqray (alpelisib) Dx 10/19/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Chemotherapy 12/10/2020 Doxil (doxorubicin) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy Gemzar (gemcitabine)

Nov 25, 2021 09:17PM ShetlandPony wrote:

B-A-P this is all so wrong, and you shouldn't be going through this. I hope you and your docs can come up with some very creative, individualized plan for you. You are not done! And you deserve an enjoyable holiday time! Sending all the good vibes I can.

2011 Stage I ITCs sn, premenopausal, Oncotype 16. 2014 Stage IV mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD 1 1/2yrs. GI/perit mets Dx 2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy

Nov 25, 2021 09:37PM B-A-P wrote:

thanks S3K5 and SP.

I’m putting a lot of pressure on myself to have a good holiday at home because I really want to make amazing memories with my 6 year old. I don’t want this crap to be thee memory ya know ? He deserves the world and both his parents to be there Christmas morning. I’m trying to remember it’s really out of my hands at this point. And like I said, I don’t think they’re keen on offering much else treatment wise which is so difficult because there are so many left to try. I’m technically on my third line of treatment. I was on cisplatin and gemcitabine for one dose before my varicies bleed and it actually put a dent in the cancer. But I can’t take it cause I almost died.
When I was in hospital they basically kept saying chemo would kill me faster and I basically had to beg for ibrance. So I’m basically trying to will the 75 to keep me stable in the cancer and the WBCs.

It’s just crazy to think I had 5 teeny tiny lesions after Abraxane and they were so confident that I would stay stable that I got to stop and just take tamoxifen. But in a matter of 8 weeks this summer , it went wild and now everything has change. I can hardly understand it.

Nov 25, 2021 10:17PM - edited Nov 25, 2021 10:18PM by Husband11

BAP, is there any way you can get another opinion about treatment options? Wasn't the varice and bleed because of the hepatic hypertension? Why does that exclude you from a treatment that was working? Have you tried xeloda?

Nov 25, 2021 10:25PM - edited Nov 25, 2021 10:30PM by B-A-P

the bleed was from hypertension yes but apparently the combo tanked my platelets and hemoglobin super fast. It's all speculation. I'm not sure really. In the hospital she would come to my room and say it was my choice but chemo would likely kill me faster. And so I proposed ibrance and the tumour board was not on board but two days later my MO said she thought it was a good idea to try. And so here we are. But as stated , it has caused problems in my counts.

If I can't take ibrance anymore my plan was to ask about xeloda. Some women in the ibrance thread have mentioned it didn't tank their WBCs as bad as the ibrance. Believe me, if they want to do nothing I'm not going to sit back and say “okay, whatever you say" I'm stubborn and not a quitter so I'll definitely be asking about it. I don't go down without a fight

edited to add : I live in a small place so during my five week hospital stay, the MOs would take turns being on call and they all agreed with each other regarding the chemo. They were all very negative. But when my liver stopped failing, and my Enzymes were returning to normal , as well as surviving the bleed when they told everyone I wouldn’t , they realized I’m not the average.
for a second opinionI would have to consult out of province which I’m not opposed to doing but it’ll be a lot of hoops to jump.

Nov 25, 2021 10:40PM Husband11 wrote:

Did the hepatic hypertension enlarge your spleen? My wife's spleen was permanently enlarged by the pressure. They believe it now hoards platelets and neutrophils, so her count isn't accurate. Even though her neutrophils never reach 1.0, they let her continue and she has seldom gotten sick and never gotten infected in the 4 plus years since it happened. She got over a year on xeloda, and only quit to try ibrance.

Nov 25, 2021 11:12PM SusaninSF wrote:

BAP,

I'm so sorry you are in such a hard place. Is there no way for you to access less toxic treatments like Trodelvy? Also, not all chemos are harsh. I'm on Eribulin (Halaven) now and it's been very tolerable. There's also Epirubicin which was described by my MO as "Adriamycin lite". Xeloda is also easier to tolerate.

You still have options that could turn things around for you.

Hugs, Susan

Mets to brain, lung, liver, eye, femur bone. 1/6/22 started on ARX788 trial. Dx 2000, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/31/2000 Lumpectomy: Left, Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Reconstruction (right) Dx 2008, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/2/2008 Mastectomy: Right Dx 3/29/2014, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone/lungs/other, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 4/28/2014 External: Brain Chemotherapy 10/30/2014 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 1/8/2015 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 6/6/2016 External Hormonal Therapy 11/16/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 12/21/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Radiation Therapy 11/27/2017 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy 8/21/2018 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 8/21/2018 Piqray (alpelisib) Chemotherapy 4/23/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 6/19/2019 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/23/2019 External: Brain Immunotherapy 10/25/2019 Targeted Therapy 2/18/2020 Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) Dx 3/8/2021, Stage IV, metastasized to liver Hormonal Therapy 3/12/2021 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 3/16/2021 Verzenio Chemotherapy 9/8/2021 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 11/2/2021 Halaven (eribulin) Radiation Therapy 12/21/2021 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 1/6/2022

Nov 26, 2021 01:46AM BSandra wrote:

Dear BAP, sorry to answer late - time difference. When you guys sleep, I work and live, when I sleep, you work and live, ehh... I am very sorry for what you go through. "Not fair" are not the words that can describe the whole situation. You are strong and known for coming back out of dark places. Once you will be better on Ibrance, many other options will open up. Definitely your son deserves to have mom and dad on Christmas morning. And he will. Not only this year but the next one too. You are a wonderful mom and should be proud of yourself. One day or day one - we decide. What a wonderful community here. Lot's of hugs to everyone,

Saulius

Since May'21:NED. Mar'21:axilla LN surgery. Sep'19-Mar'21:NED. Feb'19:recurrence, left breast,IBC. May'18-Feb'19:NED. Jun'18:DC/CIK. Aug'17:stage IV de novo at age 33. Dx 8/4/2017, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 8/27/2017 Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 8/28/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/28/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 3/12/2019 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 7/22/2019 Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/9/2019 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 4/15/2021 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 12/13/2021 3DCRT: Lymph nodes

Nov 26, 2021 08:32AM B-A-P wrote:

Thanks for your kind words everyone. Husband, my spleen was enlarged yep.

Susan, I will def bring up all those options if it came down to it. I’m not one to just sit back and give up. So they’d have to give me good reasons for atleast not trying other alternatives such as xeloda.

Salius your optimism is infectious and I definitely strive to have that same mindset.

There’s a virus my son brought home from school and now my husband has it. Not sure if I need to hold off on the ibrance incase. I’ll have to call my MO and see what she says. Tis the season for illnes

Nov 26, 2021 10:21AM Moderators wrote:

AlabamaDee's account continues to be compromised. The poster above, AlabamaDeee, which started out as BamaD is NOT the real AlabamaDee. We are in contact with the real AlabamaDee and she has NOT re-registered. Please do not respond to anyone claiming to be AlabamaDee until we notify you.

Please be cautious about sharing your email addresses, or any personal information over PM.

We are working on this issue. Please contact us via PM, or to community@breastcancer.org if you have any concerns.

Warmly,

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Nov 26, 2021 05:04PM SeeQ wrote:

BAP - just wondering if you and your MO would consider another CDK 4/6 inhibitor that wouldn't hit your blood counts so hard. Thinking of Verzenio/abemiciclib? Maybe there's another contraindication?

Diagnosed de novo Stage IV; large liver mets; small breast tumor Dx 6/2/2020, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 7/2/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 7/9/2020 Verzenio

Nov 26, 2021 06:18PM Sadiesservant wrote:

BAP, so sorry you’re having trouble with treatments. I also wondered about Verzenio as I couldn’t tolerate Ibrance. My hemoglobin tanked completely. Sending a virtual hug!

Amazing with Dee. I can’t fathom why anyone would want to compromise an account on BCO…

Dx 4/2001, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/10 nodes, ER+ Surgery 5/10/2001 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 6/7/2001 CEF Radiation Therapy 12/17/2001 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2001 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2007 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/22/2007 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 1/3/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/27/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 3/28/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 4/20/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 10/12/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to other Chemotherapy 10/20/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 11/15/2017 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 1/18/2018 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Radiation Therapy 8/2/2018 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 11/5/2018 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 10/9/2019 Verzenio Radiation Therapy 11/3/2020 External: Bone Dx 1/22/2021, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/4/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 10/8/2021 Navelbine (vinorelbine) Chemotherapy 1/7/2022 Halaven (eribulin)

Nov 26, 2021 07:30PM B-A-P wrote:

SeeQ and Sadie,

I’ve absolutely thought of this. Not sure she has but I will definitely bring it up if it comes down to it. The 75mg on ibrance might be the ticket. I’m really tiny , like 98 lbs tiny since my long hospital stay wasted a lot of muscle. My spleen was enlarged too and I know that can affect the counts. But yeah I wonder if my weight has anything to do with the dose. Maybe I’m reaching too far *shrug*

But hoping that the 75 spares my counts enough so I don’t have to have the alternative conversations with her too soon. I was gonna suggest verzenio or xeloda next. It seems crazy just to give up when other drugs might not hit my counts as hard. Hoping she can keep an open mind.

Nov 26, 2021 09:30PM Sadiesservant wrote:

BAP, it seems like you have a plan. I can understand where you are coming from as my marrow is clearly going to be an issue going forward. I had good success with Xeloda but my MO wanted me to pause as my RBCs were out of whack on that treatment as well. Now, on Vinorelbine, I can see my RBCs are starting to drop, taking my hemoglobin along for the ride. Bit worried that there will be hesitancy to switch to something else immediately if this treatment is not working… Probably getting ahead of myself but my woosy blood has proven to be pretty annoying!

Dx 4/2001, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/10 nodes, ER+ Surgery 5/10/2001 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 6/7/2001 CEF Radiation Therapy 12/17/2001 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2001 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2007 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/22/2007 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 1/3/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/27/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 3/28/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 4/20/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 10/12/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to other Chemotherapy 10/20/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 11/15/2017 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 1/18/2018 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Radiation Therapy 8/2/2018 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 11/5/2018 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 10/9/2019 Verzenio Radiation Therapy 11/3/2020 External: Bone Dx 1/22/2021, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/4/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 10/8/2021 Navelbine (vinorelbine) Chemotherapy 1/7/2022 Halaven (eribulin)

Nov 26, 2021 10:55PM SusaninSF wrote:

Sadiesservant,

I'm amazed that Xeloda worked for you the second time around. Did you stop it early the first time? I was last on Xeloda in 2017 and I was wondering if I could try it again. It worked for me for over two years.

Hugs, Susan

Mets to brain, lung, liver, eye, femur bone. 1/6/22 started on ARX788 trial. Dx 2000, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/31/2000 Lumpectomy: Left, Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Reconstruction (right) Dx 2008, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/2/2008 Mastectomy: Right Dx 3/29/2014, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone/lungs/other, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 4/28/2014 External: Brain Chemotherapy 10/30/2014 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 1/8/2015 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 6/6/2016 External Hormonal Therapy 11/16/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 12/21/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Radiation Therapy 11/27/2017 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy 8/21/2018 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 8/21/2018 Piqray (alpelisib) Chemotherapy 4/23/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 6/19/2019 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/23/2019 External: Brain Immunotherapy 10/25/2019 Targeted Therapy 2/18/2020 Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) Dx 3/8/2021, Stage IV, metastasized to liver Hormonal Therapy 3/12/2021 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 3/16/2021 Verzenio Chemotherapy 9/8/2021 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 11/2/2021 Halaven (eribulin) Radiation Therapy 12/21/2021 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 1/6/2022

Nov 27, 2021 01:20AM Sadiesservant wrote:

Hi Susan,

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that it was always tricky to figure out progression with me until it hit my liver. The pleura is hard to measure, bone scans were useless and all my bone lesions are sclerotic. As a result, while at the time my scans said stable, I was having symptoms that made me doubt this so we moved on to Faslodex which gave me a good long run. When the liver mets showed up I suggested we try Xeloda again and, thankfully, it worked

Nov 29, 2021 09:47AM NicoleRod wrote:

I have a question...is it normal to switch treatments if only 1 liver lesion is NOT responding but is progressing??? I had my MRI today and like the PET said everything is either stable or has gotten smaller by a tiny tiny bit..except the 1 lesion that was Y90'd in June (my IR said she used a smaller/lower dose bc she didn't want me to have bad side effects) ....so I am wondering if I will have to switch treatments bc of this 1 liver leision bc the MRI showed it grew .....

Dx 12/14 Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR, HER2- (FISH),Dx 04/19, Stage IV mets to bone/liver, Hormonal Therapy 04/19 - 10/19 Ibrance/let/faslodex 10/19 **TNBC AUG 2021 Dec 2019-May 2020 Xeloda Failed May-July 2020 - Doxil Failed Dx 12/19/2014, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 2/5/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 3/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/28/2019 Surgery Chemotherapy Doxil (doxorubicin) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy Surgery Mastectomy: Left, Right

Nov 29, 2021 10:19AM leftfootforward wrote:

Nicole- I had to switch after a single liver tumor showed up and all wise was stable. I had a liver reduction surgery and took it out. Changed to taxol. Was told xeloda had failed me. Taxol worked great until my brain stopped behaving. I had to switch again to control it. I do know people who have made and argument for staying on current treatment if all is good elsewhere.

Good luc

Dx 12/13/2010, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 1/16 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 12/4/2012, IDC, Stage IV, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Nov 29, 2021 10:27AM NicoleRod wrote:

LFF thanks...what is liver reduction surgery? Like you had that part of your liver cut out where the tumor was? I cannot have any surgery to the liver since I had Y90...I spoke to a surgeon about this a while ago..once you have had any MA or Y90 or localized treatment they said surgery is way to risky....

Dx 12/14 Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR, HER2- (FISH),Dx 04/19, Stage IV mets to bone/liver, Hormonal Therapy 04/19 - 10/19 Ibrance/let/faslodex 10/19 **TNBC AUG 2021 Dec 2019-May 2020 Xeloda Failed May-July 2020 - Doxil Failed Dx 12/19/2014, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 2/5/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 3/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/28/2019 Surgery Chemotherapy Doxil (doxorubicin) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy Surgery Mastectomy: Left, Right

Nov 29, 2021 02:29PM moth wrote:

Nicole, In clinical trials they standardized this stuff & they use RECIST criteria to determine what counts as stable and what counts as progression. They measure and add up the sizes of the lesions and add it all. So if one is shrinking a lot but another is growing, if you add it up the change might actually be 0 and then it would not count as progression.

BUT, my oncologist also said it's a trickier thing if it's happening in the same organ because it likely means the cancer is heterogenous and if there's no chance of a local therapy then what is the point of waiting? If one lesion has developed resistance and keeps growing, it will hurt the organ and that's bad news. If you switch systemic tx, the hope is that both the resistant lesion & the other lesions will respond to the new treatment...

I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously?? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: Never Tell Me the Odds

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/19/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/26/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Dx 12/9/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, PR-, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External: Chest wall Dx 1/28/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External: Bone

Page 607 of 615 (18,436 results)