Topic: How are people with liver mets doing?

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Aug 16, 2013 07:02PM

Posted on: Aug 16, 2013 07:02PM

blondie1 wrote:

I continue to be very scared once I found my liver mets progressed after having to go off doxil. I am hoping to find some support in alleviating my deep seated fears by hearing other stories of people living and dealing with liver mets. My onc says I have such a petite frame (105) that an enlarged liver will definitely cause me some pain until chemo takes care of it.

How are others doing and getting through this with a positive attitude?

Page 608 of 1,938 (19,372 results)

Oct 20, 2017 09:18AM momallthetime wrote:

Liwi thanks for your love!

Kaayborg thanks a million, one problem IS time, of course today is Friday, all the crisis she had is either at night, on Holidays, weekends it's just seems that the stars don't line up...

Thank you thank you for the input. It's really scary. Re: tx, he is well aware that she has to be on, and i did not get the impression that she'd have to wait with inflamation etc... he did not even mention this, but i'm scheduled to spk with new Onco in the pm so I'll def know to ask this.

He said for BC it had good outcome. I know when you mention Y90 even between docs you could almost feel the skepticism. For s sure from MO. Where where can I find a quick answer. He told me she does not have option. I did send a message to a quasi hmm acquaintance that is a Radiologist doing Rads, he said this guy is right.

Regular rads they did not put limitations for her, but in this one, yeah, it's gonna b a lot of fun telling the girls not to hug mom. I think it's gonna be tough the Rads right after, but this RO was really concerned, about e/t. She could not believe. And there is a lot that is disturbing her QOL. It's unreal that I went along with these miserable ppl, and I trusted them.

We'll see what I can dig out more re: Y90 today.

Thanks!

Oct 20, 2017 09:22AM zarovka wrote:

Mom - the interesting thing to understand about rads is that they are a systemic treatment when done to provoke an immune response. If you move forward with rads, ask about how whether and how this might be accomplished for Dani. It is also the time for immunotherapy even something as simple as PDL-1 inhibitor. Rads followed by immunotherapies are a powerful combination. Lay that path out for your team and see what they do with it.

I do like the IR, so go with it as time is short sounds like a good plan.

Hang in there. Thinking of you.

>Z<

Ibrance/Letrozol Feb '16 -Sep '17. Adoptive Cell Therapy Oct 2017. Jan 2018 SBRT to sternum met and liver mets. Jan 2018 start Faslodex. Dx 12/28/2015, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 1/17/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 2/2/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Oct 20, 2017 09:36AM momallthetime wrote:

Z i do like that you seem comfortable with the Y90. I'm scared stiff. The way he explained it really seems otherworldly.

Re; Rads, do you mean the regular Rads? Or you meant the Y90. I did try to push Immunotherapy, they have it approved, Keytruda, but they want to wait to see about the Neratinib, and from what I understood, they are not mixing both, i'll b speaking to Onco in the pm, how can I push it??

How are you today Zar?

Oct 20, 2017 10:04AM Grannax2 wrote:

Mom. I'm so glad that you've found a good IR. I believe he has a good plan for Dan I. That seems to be her most urgent problem right now. The fatigue was bad for a few days but i was also taking Ibrance at the same time. It seems like all IR have different criteria for being around children. What are their ages? Babies and pregnant mothers are the most vulnerable. The first day, maybe as little as 3 hours, is important. But after that im sure they can see her, just not sleep w her. Run that plan by him, maybe he'll compromise.

Yes when my IR told me they had to fly the y90 spheres to the hospital the day of my procedure, it felt like I was getting a transplant or something. All I can tell you, is mine worked. I know its true that it might not work forever. There could be other little monsters growing as we speak. But, in Dani's place, it seems all her docs are on the same page. This is the most urgent right now, then they will go on to the next most urgent. Thankfully the recovery for y90 is pretty short.

Oct 20, 2017 10:36AM 50sgirl wrote:

Mom, I hope that Grannax's words give you some comfort in knowing that the Y90 procedure can be successful. I have been following her posts about the procedure, and find encouragement from her personal experience. We are all here to support you and Dani. ((Hugs)))

Grannax, I have never thanked you for sharing your experience with us. As you know, MBC can be scary every step of the way. There is so much misinformation out there that it is difficult for us to know what to believe and what to dismiss. Knowledge shared, especially from firsthand experience, is invaluable. This is overdue, but THANK YOU!

Hugs and prayers, Lynne

Dx 6/5/2015, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/9/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 8/9/2016, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 8/10/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 8/30/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 7/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy 10/2/2018 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 2/10/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 11/12/2019 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 11/13/2019 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 12/26/2019 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy 3/8/2020 Adriamycin (doxorubicin) Targeted Therapy 2/6/2021 Verzenio Chemotherapy 4/12/2021 Halaven (eribulin) Chemotherapy 9/30/2021 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Methotrexate (Amethopterin, Mexate, Folex) Chemotherapy 2/11/2022 translation missing: en.treatments.chemotherapy.chemotherapy_regimen.options.short_drugs.epithilone.ixempra

Oct 20, 2017 11:16AM BabyRuth wrote:

Mom- I did the Y90 procedure in Dec 2015 for 2 liver mets in my right lobe. It was successful for me and I have been stable since then. I had a hard time with the recovery and had a lot of nausea and was very tired. It took me a good 6 weeks to fully recover. Grannax seemed to have a much quicker recovery than me so it varies by person. I continued with the perjeta and herceptin and started on faslodex the month after. My MO suggested the Y90 because the taxotere had not shrunk the mets at all. For me it worked and for that I am grateful. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Dx 12/29/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 1/10/2009 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 3/19/2009 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Dx 4/23/2012, IDC, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx 5/13/2013, IDC, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 9/12/2013 Taxol (paclitaxel) Dx 6/26/2015, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2+, Chemotherapy 7/16/2015 Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 7/16/2015 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 7/16/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Oct 20, 2017 11:43AM Grannax2 wrote:

50's girl. Thank you. Your post means a great deal to me. I certainly believe that sharing personal experiences in our world of MBC is invaluable. Others sharing has helped me through this jungle.

Baby Ruth. You are so right each experience is different for each person. But we both got through it. Yay. Also, I tend to not remember as much detail, now that I'm five months out have good results. I probably should go back and read my posts the y90 thread. Ha I think parts of my day by day recovery were overwhelming , not mention disgusting!😫

I think Dani is between a rock and a hard place. I'm not a doctor but it seems to me there's really not a better choice for this moment in time.

Oct 20, 2017 01:19PM momallthetime wrote:

BabyRuth gr8 info. Let's hope this thing kill these bad stuff, def better when it's done when the whole side of the liver is not full of tumors. He told me it won't but at least he'll get it to a somewhat manageable place. Do you remember the restrictions about being w ppl or children? BabyRuth if you could think of something I should know or ask. I'm all ears.

Grannax thanks sweetie, IR said 3 days, and sleepg 3ft away from hubby. (some ppl don't even have 3 ft to be away in a bed, happens to be she does), definitely gonna ask again the details, but better safe with these kids, her girls are just about 11 and 9. But they love to hang onto her, so there will be work to be done. So I got some other docs to opine also, my son's friend is an Onco not specializing in Breast C, but he has been following things lately and he answered back this morning that there is no choice, he has seen it done for specific reasons and it could be very helpful. You are so right about feeling that it does look like a transplant situation. Listen, you guys are important ppl!!

She won't have a choice to recuperate b4 digging in for the other Rads, her Orbitals must be dealt asap and her thoracic, this RO is just stepping back due to the liver thing. But at least they are working together.

Lynne thank you for all the good wishes. How are your DH and yourself coming a long? You guys went through a lot. And yes, the ladies in these threads are just amazing, it helped me help Dani tremendously.

I was trying to find more info on Y90 in this community, but I did not get too much info.

Oct 20, 2017 01:46PM Grannax2 wrote:

mom. Today is my granddaughter's eleventh birthday! So, I can relate to how much hugging goes on. If I'm in the same room, she's hugging me. I'll be praying for those precious little girls during this scary time for them. Yes, best to follow Dr. Orders for their safety.

After the procedure, you will be given specific instructions on when to call the IR. All the "what ifs" are on there. My IR called me back within a few minutes each time i called with a symptom. ( I had several). He even used his cell, so i could have called him back on that line. I think they take all recovery symptoms seriously, but none of mine ended up being serious enough to be sent to ER.

Praying, Vicki

Oct 20, 2017 01:54PM husband11 wrote:

Some recent research on maitake:

Int J Mol Med. 2017 Oct;40(4):1089-1095. doi: 10.3892/ijmm.2017.3081. Epub 2017 Jul 26.

Grifola frondosa polysaccharides induce breast cancer cell apoptosis via the mitochondrial-dependent apoptotic pathway.

Zhang Y1, Sun D2, Meng Q3, Guo W1, Chen Q1, Zhang Y1.

Author information Abstract

Grifola frondosa, a type of food and medical fungus, has been shown to exhibit various pharmacological activities, including anticancer effects. As the most typical cancer diagnosed among female patients, breast cancer remains a huge concern threatening human health globally. In the present study, the anti-breast cancer effects of Grifola frondosa polysaccharides (GFPs) and the underlying mechanisms were investigated in MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231 cells, as well as in nude mice bearing MCF-7 tumor xenografts. GFPs exerted cytotoxic effects on the cells, as indicated by a decrease in cell viability, and an increase in the apoptototic rate, lactate dehydrogenase release and reactive oxygen species accumulation, inducing mitochondrial dysfunction. The increased expression of Bax, cleaved caspase-3 and caspase-8, and the reduced levels of B-cell lymphoma 2 (Bcl-2) and Bcl-extra large (Bcl‑xL) were observed in the cells incubated with GFPs and in the tumor tissues of the mice treated with GFPs. Moreover, the GFPs significantly suppressed the phosphorylation of AKT/glycogen synthase kinase-3β and extracellular signal-regulated kinases in a time-dependent manner. Finally, the inhibition of MCF-7 tumor xenograft growth further confirmed the anti-breast cancer effects of GFPs. All these findings revealed that GFPs induced human breast cancer cell apoptosis via the mitochondrial-dependent apoptotic pathway, and provide experimental evidence to support the use of Grifola frondosa as a potential treatment for breast cancer.

Concerned husband Dx 2008, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 5/2016, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/5/2017 Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Page 608 of 1,938 (19,372 results)

Scroll to top button