Topic: Faslodex Girls Thread 2014

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Jan 2, 2014 06:16PM - edited Apr 28, 2017 09:19PM by pajim

Posted on: Jan 2, 2014 06:16PM - edited Apr 28, 2017 09:19PM by pajim

pajim wrote:

Tips for taking Faslodex without pain:

ABSOLUTE MUSTS:

• Warm up the syringes. At least room temperature. Armpits work well, as does belly skin.
  • Take the weight off the leg on the side of the shot. Relax that cheek/leg as much as possible.
  • Inject SLOWLY! It should take at least 30 seconds to empty each syringe.

General consensus as helpful:

• Hydrate before and after the shots
  • Take a walk or massage the area afterwards in order to get the castor oil and fulvestrant moving.
  • If you get an allergic-type reaction (itchy, swelling), take Benadryl before the injection (or if skin rash use hydrocortisone cream afterwards).

Side-effects are more squishy so I'll post a list of ones we've seen on the thread next – would all the rest of you ladies please post your comments on this just below? That way any people coming new to the thread can find it all on the first page.

Here's some information on how to handle large-volume injections .

Best wishes to the Fanny Pack of the future! May Faslodex keep you NED for a long time.

Dx 4/20/2008, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/1/2013, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/27/2013 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2013 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 2/25/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 6/19/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy 8/15/2018 Verzenio Chemotherapy 1/2/2019 Halaven (eribulin) Chemotherapy 12/30/2019 CMF

Page 354 of 354 (3,536 results)

May 13, 2022 03:13PM malebreastc wrote:

I have some news to share.

I completed 5 cycles of Fulvestrant+Ibrance and got my Pet scan report today, The report sats complete to near complete resolution of metabolic activity in all regions, complete resolution in liver and lungs, complete resolution of metabolic activity in the spine with lesions showing healing response.

Overall summary says, near complete metabolic response and no new lesion seen..

This is my first scan post treatment and am hoping that it is good enough

May 13, 2022 05:29PM partyoffive wrote:

malebreastc-that is great news!! I was wondering if anyone has had headaches on falsodex? I had my loading doses and about a week later started with an unrelenting headache. Nothing helps I’ve had all the otc drugs,all the migraine drugs,steroids and mri with contrast of brain(clear).it’s been 3 weeks!!! My onc can not figure out what is going on. The only thing we can think of is the falsodex I’ve been on treatment for 9 years and had barely had a headache it’s impacting my life. Ugh

Kristin

Dx 6/2013, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, 9/21 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/17/2013 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Hormonal Therapy 6/25/2013

May 13, 2022 06:02PM kbl wrote:

MaleBreastC, that is great news. It does wonders for us when the medication gives us some good quality of life. Thank you for the update.

PartyofFive, I’m so sorry you’re not able to figure out the headaches. Could it be coming from maybe your neck, a pinched nerve? I hope they can find the issue

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 6/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Other

May 14, 2022 01:55AM malebreastc wrote:

partyoffive I am not sure if I get it correctly, you have been on Faslodex for 9 years ? And have started having headaches recently ? This may not me related to Faslodex in that case

May 14, 2022 11:08AM partyoffive wrote:

Hi malebreastc

No I’ve been on Falsodex for two months. I did the 6 shot loading doses-2 shots every two weeks for 6 weeks. I just meant I’ve been on multiple meds/treatments for 9 years and none of it caused a headache. I’m not someone who got in my previous life before cancer so this is all new to me. I have tried everything and I mean everything so it’s starting to get me down. The headaches started about a week after my last loading dose of falsodex three weeks ago. They were so bad I asked for a brain mri sure that after 9 years of mbc it was in my brain-nope it was clear even had contrast. Though he doesn’t think it could be lepto my onc is going to do a spinal tap just to rule it out. I’m so tired of waking up with head pain and brain fog. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Kristi

Dx 6/2013, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, 9/21 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/17/2013 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Hormonal Therapy 6/25/2013

May 15, 2022 03:38AM bright55 wrote:

Hi Kristi

I had been on a combination of

Examestane and Everolomis and developed severe headaches stabbing pains had brain scans ..no problem but i did develop pnumemotis had lung fill with fluid.

And in intensive care for a week

So stopped drug combo

New combo of faslodex and ribociclib working well

Dx 2011, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2016, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/10/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 11/3/2019 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 10/9/2020 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 10/9/2020 Kisqali Surgery Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox)

Page 354 of 354 (3,536 results)

Scroll to top button