We are 186,190 members in 80 forums discussing 140,423 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY → Topic: ​Receive Articles Specific to Your Metastatic Diagnosis

Topic: ​Receive Articles Specific to Your Metastatic Diagnosis

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only. There is a separate forum For Family and Caregivers of People with a STAGE IV Diagnosis.

Posted on: Oct 14, 2015 04:40AM

Moderators wrote:

Receive Articles Specific to Your Metastatic Diagnosis

We know that a metastatic breast cancer diagnosis can feel overwhelming. Let Breastcancer.org bring you content that's tailored to your specific metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Visit the My Profile(https://community.breastcancer.org/my-profile/new) page where you can create an account and enter as much diagnosis information as you know right now. You'll instantly receive articles featuring medical, Research News, and side effect management information specific to your situation. You can also sign up for email alerts letting you know when new articles arrive. Please PM us if you need any assistance!

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (11 results)

Posts 1 - 11 (11 total)

Nov 6, 2015 03:56AM evelym wrote:

I am looking for information and treatment options for metastatic breast cancer that has spread to the peritoneum and momentum. I have been unable to find many articles relating to this. I had breast cancer which spread to the ovaries and peritoneum. There is a lot of information on ovarian cancer, but apparently breast cancer in the ovaries and peritoneum does not respond the same way.

Nov 8, 2015 04:42AM capinva wrote:

I also had breast cancer and now have tumors on both ovaries and affecting the peritoneum. The tumors are pumping fluid into the peritoneum so I go weekly to get 5 liters of fluid drained. I am having trouble finding out information about this also. Have you started chemo yet? I would like to hear how you are doing.

Dx 6/6/2011, ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/7 nodes, HER2+

Jul 13, 2016 08:53AM Lunalin wrote:

I am a true old veteran on this 2board. 2004 to 2016, now stage IV with mets to lung. Recently started Faslodex and Ibrance. Anyone else on this combo? I'd like to hear. Thank You! Linda

Dx 8/17/2004, ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2014, ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 5/2016, ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 13, 2016 11:02AM Faith-840 wrote:

lunalin, check out the Ibrance thread. I am also stage 4 with mets to the lung after 25 years and have been following the Ibrance thread which is mostly used with letrozole. However, there are several women there also on Faslodex and there is a Faslodex thread too.

I'm sorry you find yourself her again but there's lots of new treatments out there and good info here too.

If you update your treatments and diagnosis, it will help others answer your questions.

Faith (in the future)

Faith Dx 1/1991, Left, Stage IIIB, 8/26 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/5/1991 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 2/4/1991 Mastectomy: Left Dx 1/2016, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/23/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/23/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy CAF

Sep 11, 2016 09:11AM Sophie_7 wrote:

Hi Linda,

I am on Faslodex and Ibrance. Have been since April 2016. So far, so good! I had a low blood count once but now I seem fine. My body is fatigued. That is the biggest side effect. I feel physically weak when I climb a flight of stairs. So it is not a tired feeling like I need a nap... just weak.

How are you doing?

Sep 28, 2016 10:20AM Lunalin wrote:

Hi! Sophie! Nice to meet a pal. I just completed my third round of Ibrance/Faslodex. Not too bad. I had to take a two week vacation from Ibrance, due to very low counts and fatigue. I am totally wiped out by the end of my 3rd week, which is today. The shots are painful, but I think effective. Had chest CT yesterday and see my MO in 3 days for results. I don't look forward to thoracentises again. I do feel hopeful and hope you do too. I pray that we both have positive results!!

Dx 8/17/2004, ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2014, ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 5/2016, ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 6, 2016 07:10AM Lunalin wrote:

Now I am told I most likely have bone mets and have been told to withhold Ibrance. PET scan this week.

Oct 25, 2016 09:33PM - edited Oct 25, 2016 09:42PM by Chico

This Post was deleted by Chico.

Oct 25, 2016 09:39PM Chico wrote:

Hi I am looking for articles re Breast Cancer that has spread to spine & ribs. Also whether cancer that has metastasised 12 years after primary is considered slow moving and whether prognoses is better or worse under these circumstances. I an Er+ & HER2 -

Many Thanks

Jan 27, 2017 01:59PM Godsown wrote:

I too am looking for articles on metasteses to spine, ribs and other bone. Diagnosed 19 years after primary. Original biopsy showed ER / PR -, HER 2 +. Waiting for new biopsy to verify markers are the same.

Jan 27, 2017 02:01PM Godsown wrote:

I too am looking for articles on metasteses to spine, ribs and other bone. Diagnosed 19 years after primary. Original biopsy showed ER / PR -, HER 2 +. Waiting for new biopsy to verify markers are the same.

Page 1 of 1 (11 results)