We are 195,033 members in 81 forums discussing 144,133 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY → Topic: Looking for Your Feedback on new Metastatic Content

Topic: Looking for Your Feedback on new Metastatic Content

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only. There is a separate forum For Family and Caregivers of People with a STAGE IV Diagnosis.

Posted on: Jul 27, 2017 06:33PM

Moderators wrote:

Hi all,

We're looking for some feedback on some new metastatic breast cancer content we've recently published on the main Breastcancer.org site's Recurrent and Metastatic Breast Cancer section. When you have some time, would you mind checking out each of the links below and providing some insight on your thoughts about this content and whether you found it helpful/impactful? We appreciate your opinion and participation in order to keep Breastcancer.org the most helpful, accurate, and up-to-date breast cancer resource around! Thank you!!

Podcast:

Long-form written content:

Slideshow:

·Blogs:

Again, we appreciate your thoughts on all of this!

--The Breastcancer.org Team

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Jul 28, 2017 03:13PM - edited Jul 28, 2017 03:13PM by vancouverdeb

Hi. I really enjoyed 'Moving Forward....'. After dealing with the initial shock of finding out I had metastatic cancer, figuring out 'what am I supposed to do with my life?' is probably what I struggle with most, and hearing another women's story was helpful and inspiring.

Just a note - in the 'bone metastasis' section, it doesn't mention that an x-ray doesn't necessarily show metastasis. I had increasingly bad back muscle pain for nine months - but because the pain was muscular and moved around, and because the x-rays were clear, not a single health practitioner (family doctor, chiropractor, massage therapists, physiotherapists) thought it was metastasis. It took a second call to the ambulance (the first time we called, I was told I should take a few advil and just stand up) and trip to the emergency room to get an MRI and a diagnosis. At that point I couldn't stand up and could barely roll over. I don't want others to go through what I went through.

Jul 28, 2017 04:39PM - edited Jul 29, 2017 01:40PM by Moderators

Dear vancouverdeb,

Thank you for taking the time to reach and comment on the content and welcome to the community. We look forward to seeing you around. We're happy to hear that the story was helpful and inspiring. Also, we did pass along your feedback to our editorial team. Thank you! The Mods

Jul 28, 2017 04:43PM - edited Jul 28, 2017 04:43PM by Moderators

This Post was deleted by Moderators.

Aug 15, 2017 02:26PM ChrisP wrote:

Hello! After reading the article on bone mets, the point I might question is that localized treatment isn't generally given. I understand not having surgery necessarily, but it does seem like radiation is pretty common, because it alleviates bone pain, and does so fairly quickly. I have been radiated in several areas with the sole intent of pain relief. Where there is little or no pain, I haven't been been radiated.

Thank you for the opportunity to give feedback

Dx 5/10/2007, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/2/2015, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/17/2015 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 4/15/2016 Navelbine (vinorelbine) Radiation Therapy External: Bone

Aug 15, 2017 07:39PM Moderators wrote:

ChrisP, thanks for your comment! This too we will pass to our team of experts. Many thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)