Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lita57

Kandy
Kandy Member Posts: 424

I wanted to start a new thread for Lita, so she will only have to post on one thread. She has received some bad news this week. Let's all come together and walk with her through this.

Lita, I posted on another thread that you posted on. Hope this is helpful that now you will only have to post once and everyone will know where to find you. Keeping you in my prayers.

Comments

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363

Lita, we are all here for you. Praying everyday for peace.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,811

All our love and thoughts are with you, Lita!

--Your Mods

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617

I love Lita's spunk and sense of self despite all that she is going through! A glass of champagne tonight to toast you tonight, my sister. Wish we could share it together. You have suffered so much in the last month .I hope that the hospice Physcian is able to relieve your pain and give you some easy days. Thinking of you.

• RosesToeses
    RosesToeses Member Posts: 244

Praying and sending love, Lita.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690

Lita,

I am so sorry for this turn of events. You are in my thoughts

• Kandy

BosumBlues, I wasn't trying to confine Lita to anything. I was only trying to make it easier for her to post on one thread. I do not recall anyone that is stage 4 having a problem with others from other stages posting on threads like this. If it is offensive to anyone, I will delete the thread. Wishing nothing but the best for everyone from all stages, and keeping everyone in my prayers.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690

I don't think Lita is the type to be confined on a message board! Kandy, thank you for trying to make it easier for her.

Bosum, as Kandy noted, I don't think anyone who is stage IV objects to others posting in comfort and condolence type threads.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,550

Lita, thinking about you and having a glass of wine in your honor tonight. You have my utmost respect and hope for treatment options in your future.

Also, here's a pic to make you smile because who doesn't love bulldogs butts ;)

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600

Does anyone know how to add this link in a comment on all of Lita's threads? She is on many, stage 4 and others as well.

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600

Lita, this is very sad news. I will miss your sincerity and your humor.

We are with you. I hope you can feel us surrounding you with love.

Stefanie

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,835

Lita~thinking of you and wish I had the answer to this question. I am at such loss of words and have come to know your humor and strength. Much love my friend 💔~M~

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 5,973

Lita, it is hard to know what to say when hearing your news. I hope you are not in pain and at peace with how things are unfolding. Many hugs to you. Thinking of you and your sweet, unique spirit this evening.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 957

Lita,

We haven't talked before but I've enjoyed the humor in your posts. So sad to hear your news. You and your loved ones are in my prayers. I hope that you will be able to finish your Bullmina trilogy. What a wonderful legacy. But most of all I hope that you are surrounded by God's peace as you spend precious time with your dear ones.

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950

Lita. Thinking of you. Hugs. I commented to you on another thread.

Kandy. Thanks for starting this thread. No one should be offended.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338

Thanks again, Kandy, for setting this up. It will make it so much easier to keep everyone in the loop.

So after 24 hours of soul-searching and all the unbelievable LOVE & SUPPORT from all you ladies, I've decided to contact Dr. Benjamin Fisch, radiation oncologist. and get HIS opinion. (I have a better rapport with him than my regular MO anyway.) I want to see whether surgery is a possible option if we can shrink the two biggest brain tumors down. I know other St IV sisters have had brain met surgery, and they're still here to tell the tale. Can I also take some pill-form chemo that will cross the blood/brain barrier and do some good? So I'm still holding on to a hair's width of hope here. (And I have baby-fine hair, mind you.)

Depending on what Dr. Ben says, I'll make my decision regarding hospice. You have all been exceptionally supportive, and I hope I haven't brought everybody down too much re: hospice, but this will be one of the TOUGHEST decisions I've made in my (what I consider) SHORT life!

Today was a little shaky. Lots of dizziness and some head throbbing. Scary part was I was having some of this while still SITTING :o(.

Took just ONE 4 mg Decadron steroid pill (dexamethasone generic). They want me to take FOUR of them per day, but I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep on that. It IS a steroid after all, ladies, and unless I want to "autumn" clean my house at 3 am with dizziness and a throbbing head, I don't think it's verywise. I may TITRATE up to 8 mg/day, but we shall see. Decadron has LOTS of nasty SEs.

Had a good, long chat with one of my brothers, and he thinks I'm jumping the gun with the hospice. He says TALK to someone else; get a second opinion. "You can still walk with a walker and talk in complete sentences." Of course, all that could change in an instant if I stroke out or have a couple of seizures. As I said in earlier posts, I have my POLST in place, and I'll have to update my "Advance Directive" once MO comes back from her vacation.

I'm also going to contact a group of cannabis drs/nurses who specialize in IDC and see what they recommend as far as upping the crap out of my CBD oil intake.There's also an organization called "The Shelter Project" that will help pay for the HIGH amt I will have to take per day to combat this beast. CBD can also help with swelling and inflammation, so it's definitely gonna be considered. B4, I would just take an edible when I was having a lot of pain, or take a couple of drops of CBD tincture under my tongue to help with sleep. Last night was SO HOT here in No. Calif, that I don't think anyone slept well - I took some oil, and it didn't help at all. It was 107 yesterday and 106 today. We hardly ever get days like that, and A/C only cools your house down so much.

Sorry this is so long, but I want to keep everyone informed, and this is the best way to do it.

Once again, thanks for all your love and support, and please keep praying for me specifically to make the right decision and be at peace with it. Also pray for my DH and DD. You just can't imagine how hard this is for them. DD is beside herself. She was weeping in the bathroom last night. I don't want to leave them this soon. I know the creator of the universe has a plan for us all.

Bless you all,

Lita

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

I think that some people/organizations are starting to get it. But then I also see the outrageous photos posted above. I think we are making some headway, but there is obviously much to be done. My anti-pink T-shirts and tote bags are ready for October 1st.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

Lita, I am so sorry you got that terrible news. You know, you can get hospice on board even while you pursue treatment. I'm sure hospice will be very good to you, and I won't be surprised if you surpass their expectations. You can send them away later if you don't need them. There really isn't more I can say, just holding your hand in spirit.

• HappyHammer
    HappyHammer Member Posts: 985

Lita- please know that your ability to live beyond the diagnosis, your sense of humor, your caring for sisters and brothers dealing with this stupid dis-ease, your advise and your questions have CHANGED LIVES.  You are right- we all have to have something that takes us out but YOU have and are making a difference in the lives of others.  Thank you for that.  Sending hugs and prayers to you as you try to tease out what is going on now and all about getting Hospice in....in your pocket as you move forward.  xxoo

• Kandy

Lita, please don't feel like you are being rushed into making a decision as far as hospice is concerned. Take as much time as you want or need. Even if you decide to go with hospice, you can change your mind, so don't think once you do, that's it. You just got this news yesterday, obviously you and your family are experiencing all kinds of emotions right now and all that is normal. Just sit back and take a deep breath and take your time to just think about what you want to do, weighing the pros and cons. Please don't let anyone pressure you into a decision. This is your life, you have the right for decision making. I will pray that you are completely at peace with any decisions you make. I'm not sure, there really is a right or wrong decision, you must believe in whatever you decide to do and it will be the right decision for you. I hope you feel the warmth and love that we all have for you. We are all there with you. I hope you can get some rest tonight, it will help clear your mind. I also am taking steroids twice a day, so I get what you mean as far as side effects. Keeping you uplifted in prayer, May tomorrow be a little clearer for you

• melmcbee
    melmcbee Member Posts: 371

Lita I am new to mbc. I was diagnosed in march after scans showed it last December. You are my inspiration and gave me the strength to take it as it comes. You are so tough. Im praying for you and your family. Please know how much we love and respect you. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. Gentle hug

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363

Lita, have you ever been on avastin? My cousin's wife had brain cancer and that particular drug shrunk her tumor to 1/3 of its original size. She didn't have BC that metastasized but a brain cancer. It might work for you so they can shrink the tumors. Praying for you, I believe avastin was easier to take than some of the chemo drugs she took.

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373

Lita, thinking of you. Will say some prayers for your and your family tonight.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959

Lita - Sending you hugs and prayers. I will monitor here on this thread, that Kandy so graciously started. Your plan is smart and thoughtful. Surround yourself with family and friend to help you get all this done.

>Z<

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107

Lita, thinking of you this morning. Hope you find some relief from your dizziness and headaches.

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596

Prayers for clarity today dear Lita. Your spunk and feistiness are a gift to all.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,835

Lita~you're on my mind! Second opinion! All the way! Much love ❤️ ~M~.

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542

Lita - thinking of you today and holding you and your dear family in my thoughts daily. As the others have said it is great that you are pursuing additional opinions and assessing all options. This not a one size fits all disease. We are all here supporting you with love and admiration.

• Wendy3
    Wendy3 Member Posts: 872

I'm feeling so proud to know you Lita as much as these threads allow. You sound like you have a plan and anything can happen to any of us but in the time between we fight this. You made my day yesterday when you posted the second opinion idea. You are an inspiration to us all. Take care of yourself and I'm very hopeful for you to put this behind you just like all that radiation you recently got through.

Kandy thanks for starting this thread it's very thoughtful of you and I will be book marking it along with the others

• Brightness456
    Brightness456 Member Posts: 174

Lita, I'm fairly new and I don't think I've ever posted in response to any of your posts, but I've read your posts and it didn't take long to recognize what a kind and loving person you are. I am sorry you're facing such a difficult situation, yet in the midst of it, you still have such a graciousness about you. You are an inspiration to others even now. I'm wishing you the very best whatever your decision going forward may be

• Wendy3
    Wendy3 Member Posts: 872

Okay I just saw this on one of my many threads and I hope it's okay to share here. Lita I just want you not to loose that hope you have because I know it's there. Expensive I know but look at the scans

imageimage