We are 213,316 members in 82 forums discussing 152,270 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: For those on Ibrance, PFIZER Oncology Together can provide help

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only. There is a separate forum For Family and Caregivers of People with a STAGE IV Diagnosis.

Posted on: Dec 11, 2017 12:32PM - edited Dec 11, 2017 12:43PM by Moderators

Moderators wrote:

Pfizer Oncology Together is a first-of-its-kind program for patients taking Pfizer Oncology medicines that offers dedicated social workers called 'Care Champions' to help navigate the complexities that accompany treatment, such as identifying resources to help find emotional support, and workplace transition, transportation and financial assistance.

For cancer patients taking a Pfizer Oncology medicine (e.g. Ibranc), please visit www.PfizerOncologyTogether.com. For live support call: 1-877-744-5675.

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 2 of 2 (32 results)

Posts 31 - 32 (32 total)

Oct 18, 2018 03:52PM jjberky wrote:

Hello,

I was just diagnosed with bone mets in August 2018. So I have been on Ibrance and Arimidex since then paired with a shot of Xgeva. I just started my second round of Ibrance. I don't think I am responding because my doctor told me that at my next appointment we might have to start thinking about IV chemo which is a little overwhelming for me right now. Also I have read so many good things about Ibrance that I would like to be able to stay on it longer. Some days I think "this isn't too bad" I have an ideal life I can work from home, I have alot of support around me but I also have very realistic people that give me the freedom to talk this so that's important I think because it makes me lighter because I don't have to carry the burden of helping people get through this with me. When I was diagnosed initially I coped with it by focusing on bout how it affected others not how it affected me. It helped me not focus on what I was going through. This time it's different and I am learning to take it day by day.

Oct 20, 2018 09:42AM suf2LI wrote:

Please don't give up. It sounds like you've only been on the meds for about 2 months. My onc says that results don't show up for at least 3-6 months. I started Ibrance/arimidex/Xgeva at the beginning of June 2017 when first diagnosed metastatic to the bones. My tumor markers continued to rise until the end of Sept. They then started to fall and have been stablized in the normal range since Jan of 2018. My PET scans have shown HUGE improvement. It just takes a bit of time. Good luck and stay as positive as you can, which is hard, but it helps. I celebrate every good report by going out to eat with my son because every little battle won deserves to be acknowledged and celebrated.

Page 2 of 2 (32 results)