Topic: Lynparza/Olaparib Anyone?

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Feb 1, 2018 01:18AM - edited Feb 1, 2018 01:19AM by geekness

Posted on: Feb 1, 2018 01:18AM - edited Feb 1, 2018 01:19AM by geekness

geekness wrote:

I'm looking to share side effects or just any updates on Lynparza / Olaparib. I just started targeted therapy on Jan 12th. Aside from a little heartburn at first (helped with OTC pill), I've now started some daily Immodium, which the pharmacy sent WITH the Lynparza. Lol. I've started to just feel plain odd and very emotional. I can usually keep it together. I'm wondering if anyone else is yet on this medication. I'm Brca1 Stage 4 (Triple Negative) with mets to lungs and sacrum/soft tissue. I was doing gemzar/Carbo until December, which was keeping three small modules in lungs stable, but not helping anything in sacrum. So we switched it up and both insurance and pharm are helping me with copays on the meds, which I know I am very lucky to have had happen. It seems I can't find a big group yet that's taking this drug to compare how they might be feeling and I'd love to try and connect with a few people. I think even that might help me get right in my brain for a bit.

Chemotherapy 9/2/2015 AC + T (Taxotere) Dx 8/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 3, 0/15 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 3 of 11 (102 results)

Aug 29, 2018 10:15PM Pagej wrote:

nan, girlfriend. I had recent progression to me genial, worst case right?!

Now I am on Keytruda every 3 weeks and lynparza daily. Last scan showed reduction... it’s been a wild ride. Seeing feathers everywhere now. Asymptomatic currently avoiding WBR it Toxc IT chemo, drs choose not mine let’s see how these drugs wrong kinda thing.

Nan and hope your recovering nicely from craniotomy and rads it took a bit but I felt better than ever eventually ❤️❤️❤️

Anyone on Keytruda ad lynparza for brain mets? Tnbc and brca1? I hear decent results

Dx 6/9/2014, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/1/2014 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 12/4/2014 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy 5/24/2016 External: Brain

Sep 20, 2018 07:55AM Rachelsedai2 wrote:

I starrrd taking Lynparza in February combined with abraxene for triple negative BRCA1 mets that has spread to liver, lungs, and sternum. Had a remarkable scan in April with no evidence of metabolic activity in the liver and lungs and a definitive decline in the sternum. I was feeling the effects pretty hard with way decreased hemoglobin so dr took me down 1 Pill. July's scan showed activity in the liver again and my September scan shows increase in Liver mets and some new areas in my pelvis. It was great while it lasted but it looks like it's time to switch it upagain. Dr started me on carboplatin today

Oct 2, 2018 09:27PM theresa45 wrote:

Hi Ladies,

I have been on talazoparib (another PARP inhibitor) for 12 months as part of the TBB Trial at Stanford. My mets have been stable in size with a reduction in metabolic activity. For me the side effects have been very tolerable, some initial nausea that is gone and lowish blood counts. I qualified for the trial because I have a CHEK2 genetic mutation. I do NOT have a BRACA1/2 mutation. Another patient has both a CHEK2 genetic mutation and a somatic (just in the tumor) BRACA mutation. Her oncologist and mine said that a BRACA somatic mutation is even better than a CHEK2 genetic mutation as far as indicating that Olaparib could work. I'm encouraged to see the patients who have been on Olaparib for about 2 years!! I hope that this thread will fill up with patients benefitting from PARP inhibitors! Theresa

Dx 4/20/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 4, 2018 12:53PM mediclisa wrote:

Hi Theresa45, I have been on Olaparib since March. My combo was Olaparib/Avastin. A couple of months ago my TM started to creep upwards yet my scans showed stable Mets and no new Mets. My oncologist decided to stop the Avastin and continue Olaparib with Gemcitabine. I’m two weeks on with 1 weeks off. The usual side effects starting.I am also hoping for a good couple of years. Good Luck....Lisa

Dx 10/2006, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/10/2007 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/1/2007 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/1/2007 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 10/2014, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, 0/2 nodes Radiation Therapy 11/3/2014 Targeted Therapy 2/5/2015 Afinitor (everolimus) Dx 10/2015, Stage IV, metastasized to liver Chemotherapy 11/27/2015 Xeloda (capecitabine) Dx 2/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs Chemotherapy 3/10/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/5/2018 External: Bone Chemotherapy 1/19/2018 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 3/3/2018 Avastin (bevacizumab) Targeted Therapy 3/4/2018 Lynparza Chemotherapy 10/19/2018 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Hormonal Therapy 7/19/2019 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Radiation Therapy 8/10/2019 External: Bone Chemotherapy 9/27/2019 CMF Hormonal Therapy 12/10/2019 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy 3/13/2020 CMF Chemotherapy 5/13/2020 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 8/12/2020 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy Halaven (eribulin)

Nov 5, 2018 06:49AM Kezza1 wrote:

Hi ladies, I have just been diagnosed with tnbc lymph node recurrence 2 years after original diagnosis. I'm brca1. Went to see my oncologist the other day and he wants me to start olaparib. I was on the Olympia trial for the past year and have just found out it was the placebo I was getting and not the olaparib. Just wandering how your all getting on on it?

Nov 5, 2018 12:27PM moderators wrote:

Dear Kezza1,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are sorry about your recurrence but so glad that you reached out to our community and its members. We are hoping that others will respond soon. Let us know if you do not get any answers to your posted question and we will help you to find some ways to best connect here on the boards. We want to see you around here and support you through this new leg of your journey.

The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Nov 21, 2018 09:11PM Parrynd1 wrote:

Hi all,

I’m starting Lynparza next week in addition to my normal Avastin & Opdivo. Reading back it seems like it’s pretty tolerable and has had decent success. MO decided to add it due to me doing well on Talazoparib last year as part of a clinical trial.I also see quite a few of us TN ladies here. How is everyone still doing? I’ll be doing 300mg twice a day. Is that a normal dosage? Any suggestions for just starting it out?

Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Thanksgiving

Dx 9/4/2016, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/30/2016 Other Chemotherapy 2/22/2017 AC Surgery 5/18/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 6/15/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/5/2017 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 3/2018, IDC, Right, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone/lungs/other, Grade 3, 1/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 5/24/2018 External: Brain Chemotherapy 6/28/2018 Other Targeted Therapy 10/1/2018 Avastin (bevacizumab) Radiation Therapy 12/28/2018 Whole breast: Breast Chemotherapy 12/30/2018 Halaven (eribulin) Dx 1/29/2019, IDC, <1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, 1/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-, Dx 2/5/2019, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2-, Surgery Chemotherapy Other

Jan 10, 2019 12:52PM NouzayO wrote:

hello ladies!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Years!

I will also be joining you starting Friday.. just left the Verzenio folks unfortunately.. it was a fairly tolerable drug .. I don't have a ton of treatment options I think and really wished Verzenio would last longer and be effective for some double digits months but it is what it is.

I had my scans right before Christmas and it came back showing again « more bone activity » but also a few new liver mets!! I'm so bummed right now because that means that all the Y90 suffering was for nothing and may have to go through all this again if my next treatment didn't work.

I'm trying Lynparza next even though I only have a somatic mutation not a genetic one. I was also offered Afinitor but the comments on that thread have been very discouraging. I also have Halaven as an option but aside from trying to avoid IV chemos at the moment I'm trying to save it when liver mets are a lot worse because then I'll need something that can act fast.

Hopefully I made the right choice and can live with the new side effects.

Any words of advice on how to maneuver this drug will be great!!!

Dx 9/15/2016, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Hormonal Therapy 10/2/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 10/15/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 4/1/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 12/9/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 2/13/2018 Doxil (doxorubicin) Targeted Therapy 5/13/2018 Verzenio Hormonal Therapy 5/15/2018 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 1/11/2019 Lynparza

Jan 22, 2019 12:09PM - edited Feb 28, 2019 05:50PM by JiimmyT

I am a male breast cancer survivor with mets in liver and bones.

I am trying to get into aclinical study combining olaparib and an immuno therapy drug I have recently stopped chemo after three rounds ( carbo/gem) after developing a deep cein thrombosis and lung emboli. On a blood thinner and wondered how the platelets faired with Lymparza.UPDATE started the trial yesterday and other than some disrupted sleep I feel great. Is there a cumulative effect felt after a few weeks on Lynparza

Jun 11, 2019 07:37PM hollyli1202 wrote:

Anyone on here? I just failed faslodex and Ibrance. Now my MO is switching me to olaparib since I am BRCA2+. I would love to hear words of encouragement. :)

Page 3 of 11 (102 results)

Scroll to top button