Join Us

We are 223,910 members in 83 forums discussing 163,273 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Gemzar

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Posted on: Jan 8, 2019 10:13PM

dianalynn wrote:

is there anyone here on Gemzar? Had my first treatment on minday

Page 5 of 5 (130 results)

Posts 121 - 130 (130 total)

Aug 21, 2021 03:57PM LoveFromPhilly wrote:

Wanderingneedle hi!

how are you doing after first dose? Also what is aloxi? I get ativan and decadron prior to the Gemzar. The ativan calms me down cause the steroid speeds me up!

The whole process can sometimes take 3 hours for me so far. It is just a day I have to plan nothing else around. It is my job now.

Here is to hoping you are doing okay on the Gemzar! please keep up posted!

MBC de novo March 2017; innumerable bone mets; possible mets in liver? MSH6 mutation; Treatments: Ibrance/letrozole, lupron, xygeva, zometa, tamoxifen; faslodex; Currently Gemzar; BC skin mets and progression to bone marrow. Dx 3/25/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 4/5/2017 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Aug 27, 2021 05:11PM LoveFromPhilly wrote:

How are folks doing out there on the Gemzar?

I had 4th infusion on Wednesday. Today was really hard because I had to pack up a shore house and move everything back to the city with my somewhat elderly parents in 99 degree weather. It was nuts. I am so fried. Like, let's discuss the things you probably shouldn't be doing while on chemo and anemic and blah blah blah hahahaha.

So I am now enjoying some MMJ and finally kicking back. The chemo is so crazy!

Last week I developed an infection and was on two antibiotics for a week. It felt like it was in my upper chest. With a high fever.

Anyone experiencing and chest pain or cough? I have liver mets, so that could be causing all types of weird shit to be happening.

Signing off from Gemzar land, the land of the bizarre and weird feeling!

Love,

Philly

MBC de novo March 2017; innumerable bone mets; possible mets in liver? MSH6 mutation; Treatments: Ibrance/letrozole, lupron, xygeva, zometa, tamoxifen; faslodex; Currently Gemzar; BC skin mets and progression to bone marrow. Dx 3/25/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 4/5/2017 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Aug 27, 2021 07:05PM Shadow1425 wrote:

Hi, I started Gemstar and Carboplatin on Thursday. Just diagnosed with Triple negative Breast cancer after 12 years from first diagnosis. They gave me a steroid and anti-nausea medicine first. So far so good, just some periods of energy and then I need a rest. Hope the next couple of days go the same.

Does anyone know if these two chemo are normal for first time chemo regimen for triple negative metastatic breast cancer?Have Mets in lymph node in the neck and bone Mets in the pelvis,femur and hip.

Dx 3/11/2009, LCIS/ILC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 9/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/11/2009 AC + T (Taxol) Dx 7/7/2021, LCIS/ILC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/26/2021 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right

Aug 29, 2021 06:49PM LoveFromPhilly wrote:

Shadow1425 hello!

glad to hear you are doing well so far on your first chemo infusion! I am not triple positive so I cannot speak to your situation, but I am sure someone else here can. I do have a friend with +++ and who was also on the G/C combo. They did lose their hair a little bit and also I know felt frustated with the level of fatigue they experienced. However, we are each so different and affected so differently from our treatments. I am sending love and optimism that you continue to feel well on this treatment and that it works to get those cancer boogers out or go to sleep or whatever it is to make you feel well!

Big hugs!

Philly

Sep 13, 2021 06:26AM GR4C1E wrote:

Sorry to fall off the radar, but I struggled with whether to give an update because, for me, Gemzar has failed miserably. Two months into treatment, my breathing capacity has plummeted while my tumor markers are rising. I've also been struggling with my (now previous) MO and his office staff. I finally was able to get out from under when the Gemzar ran off the rails. I have new MO and I start back on Abraxane this week. The good news is, I really like my new MO. All of his five star reviews online were absolutely true, and his staff are all compassionate and kind.

Good luck to everyone! Sending good vibes your way.

Dx 9/2/2011, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/25/2011 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Chemotherapy 11/23/2011 AC + T (Taxotere) Dx 1/4/2021, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/20/2021 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 7/20/2021 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 9/16/2021 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Sep 14, 2021 07:39PM M3llon wrote:

Started my third cycle of gemzar/carboplatin today. My MO is concerned that the treatment is not working because my tumor markers are rising. I’ll get scans after I finish this cycle. Very frustrated. This is my fourth treatment to fail this year.

Trying not to get ahead of myself and live in the moment.

Dx 10/15/2012, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIB, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 11/29/2017, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 15, 2021 05:20AM GR4C1E wrote:

Sorry to hear that, M3llon. I had the same experience. My tumor markers started at 19 and jumped to 31 in a two month span. I just had a CT yesterday. I'm waiting to find out what it looks like compared to the CT from April. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

Dx 9/2/2011, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/25/2011 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Chemotherapy 11/23/2011 AC + T (Taxotere) Dx 1/4/2021, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/20/2021 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 7/20/2021 Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 9/16/2021 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Sep 15, 2021 05:59AM M3llon wrote:

GR4CIE Will be think of you. Treatment fails are the worst. I hope the tumor markers are wrong.

My next step will be MD Anderson for a clinical trial, which feels like a hail Mary.

M.E

Dx 10/15/2012, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIB, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 11/29/2017, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 15, 2021 06:41AM GR4C1E wrote:

I actually chose my new MO based on his education, location and hospital affiliations. Big plus was that he's very highly rated online. A lot of his patients gave him high marks and a lot of praise and gratitude. The big draw was that he has a fellowship with Cooper University hospital which has merged with MD Anderson. I guess I don't have to tell you that MD Anderson is highly regarded when it comes to treating rare and hard to treat cancers.

I think you and I are headed in the right direction.Hug Sending hugs!

Sep 20, 2021 05:07AM LoveFromPhilly wrote:

GR4C1E and M3llon

no pressure at all to keep replying. It looks like we may nin need of a new thread since Gemzar hasn't worked for me either.

I had WBR ten sessions and start Abraxane and carboplatin today.

I am nervous.

Love
Philly

Page 5 of 5 (130 results)