Topic: Need your tips for taking a CDK 4/6 inhibitor

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Jul 30, 2019 12:59PM - edited Jul 31, 2019 11:03AM by moderators

Posted on: Jul 30, 2019 12:59PM - edited Jul 31, 2019 11:03AM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Tips for Taking a CDK 4/6 inhibitor such as Abemaciclib (Verzenio), Palbociclib (Ibrance), Ribociclib (Kisqali)—Before and During Treatment:

Please share your advice for preparing to start treatment, dealing with side effects, testing during treatment, etc.

Thank you!!

p.s. this is to help us in a new content piece we are writing.

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 5 of 5 (45 results)

Jul 2, 2020 02:47PM lafsunshine wrote:

Hi Sadiesservant,

Thanks for sharing your experience-it gives me hope! My original breast cancer was in Jan 2018- IDC,Stage 1, grade 2, 1.5cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+ HER 2-, ocno type score 18. Treatment was lumpectomy, radiation and Arimidex. Now it has metastasized to the liver-go figure. Still trying to wrap my head around my new Dx. It’s great to hear you have positive results with faslodex!

7/2021- Keytruda + Abraxane Dx 1/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Dx 7/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant)

May 31, 2021 10:37AM Aussieguy wrote:

Hi, this is my first post to this thread. I'm a male with Stage 4 breast cancer, with mets in the bone (spine, ribs, hip) and lungs - the mets were diagnosed in January 2019. I was treated with radiation on the spinal tumours on diagnosis. I've been on Letrozole and Kisqali for a little over two years now. I've found the combination easy to take, and have had few side effects, none serious. A bit of fatigue, some stiffness. The most demanding thing has been having to take Zoladex to accompany these two - in men, it has the effect of chemical castration, which is pretty depressing (men produce oestrogen via testosterone, so the idea is to reduce testosterone production - the idea is to simulate the situation of a postmenopausal woman). I also take a bone-strengthening injection as the treatment makes me susceptible to osteoporosis. Fortunately in Australia the cost of Kisqali is mostly borne by the government, so I pay a small amount each month for my prescription. In the last 5 months my disease has been progressing, and I have had to have radiotherapy for a growing lung tumour which threatened to cause a partial lung collapse. But the progression appears to be slow, and I'm still feeling really well. I have had a very positive experience with the Letrozole/Kisqali combination, and have managed to avoid chemo in all this time. I'd love to hear from other men if there are any on this thread - we are a rare breed in the breast cancer world.

May 31, 2021 11:25AM spookiesmom wrote:

search for TravelTex, he is in Au and is stage 4.

May 31, 2021 03:51PM buttonsmachine wrote:

Hi Aussieguy, I'm sorry you've found yourself among us, but welcome. As Spookie mentioned TravelText is one of our men who has been around here for a long time, and he is a wealth of information. Best wishes to you!

Diagnosed at 32. Local recurrences one year later, probably due to needle seeding at inital biopsy. Now dealing with MBC. Dx 8/2016, IDC, Right, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/1/2016 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 11/1/2016 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 2/1/2017 Whole breast Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 10/2017, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/1/2017 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 12/1/2017 AC Surgery 4/1/2018 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 5/1/2018 External: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy 7/1/2018 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2018 Zoladex (goserelin) Hormonal Therapy 2/1/2019 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 9/30/2019 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Dx 8/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 8/30/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 1/2021, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs Chemotherapy 1/15/2021 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine)

Jun 5, 2021 01:26PM nola70115 wrote:

Aussieguy, welcome, and I’m sorry you’re here. It does seem especially unfair when breast cancer strikes men. I mean, what the hell? Is nobody safe from this thing

Age 40 at first diagnosis, 47 now. I've got an autistic teenager and a toddler to live for. See my 2014 blog at snarkforthecure.wordpress.com. Dx 4/15/2014, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/15/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Chemotherapy 6/20/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 2/8/2021, IDC, Left, <1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/22/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 5 of 5 (45 results)

Scroll to top button