Topic: De Novo Stage IV

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Jul 5, 2020 12:40PM - edited Jul 5, 2020 12:42PM by kbl

Posted on: Jul 5, 2020 12:40PM - edited Jul 5, 2020 12:42PM by kbl

kbl wrote:

I'm wondering if there is a topic just for de novo Stage IV. I'd like to know how people found out. Did you have symptoms that led you to the doctor for an answer? Was it found out of the blue when you had another issue and how was it found? Are there others like me who have never shown it in your breast but only where it is during Stage IV? Where is yours located?

I'll go first. Mine was found only through endoscopy and biopsy because I had early satiety and weight loss. No other test, including imaging, has shown the cancer, even in my stomach, where it is.

I know I've had trouble finding people here who have it in their stomach, but I'm still interested to know how many of us were de novo at the start.

If there is already a thread about this, please point me in the right direction, and I'll delete this post.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 6/23/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Other

Page 166 of 166 (1,653 results)

Jun 22, 2022 03:12PM kbl wrote:

mexhay2, welcome to the group, although I’m really sorry you have to be here. That’s amazing what you’ve just accomplished. Congratulations. I’m so glad treatment is giving you the opportunity to feel well and keep living as full a life as you can. I don’t think there’s any issue using your first name. I go on my Zoom calls on Mondays, and some of the ladies have their full name. I know on the forum here, the mods like some anonymity, so they themselves will hide people’s full names.

DivineMrsM, thank you for sharing. I was hoping to be able to write in some sort of guest book how much she was loved here, but I don’t think there is one.

My first name is Kris.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 6/23/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Other

Jun 22, 2022 03:20PM amontro wrote:

Thank you for posting that impressive obituary. What a loss!

This makes the third person I've known who passed in one month to mbc. The other two were not connected to our group.

It seems to happen so fast:. Being told that they are receiving different treatments and managing; then slipping away before we know it. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it.

My thoughts go out to all of you. Take care.

2008 Stg 4 DeNo: lung/spine, mx, rx, herceptin/arimidex til now, reconx 2011; Zometa 2010, side fx oral ulcers wbone exposed (to present); 2019 stop Zometa w/onset of osteo-necrosis (lower left jaw), losing parts of jaw bones til present. Dx 9/2008, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, HER2-

Jun 22, 2022 03:50PM elderberry wrote:

We seem to be losing so many so much faster. PraisieSea lived a wonderful, full and remarkable life. Those her knew her personally were fortunate.

mexhay: Hello and welcome. It is up to you about your name. Some on these sites know my real name. I prefer to use a "nom de avatar" It is great that you got to go on a major hike and felt well enough to do it!!

amontro: I keep going back and re-reading your profile. Losing a part of your jaw!!! Did they do any reconstruction?

De Novo - this isn't a "brave battle" - it is a "furious struggle" Dx 3/6/2019, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, HER2+ Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Page 166 of 166 (1,653 results)

Scroll to top button