Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My mom: 10 years living with MBC

Options
alicia_en_madrid
alicia_en_madrid Member Posts: 15

Dear, ladies,

I hope you don't mind me posting here. I just wanted to share with you that my beautiful mom recently reached the milestone of living 10 years with metastatic breast cancer.

I can't describe how I feel as I write this because I really don't know. I have dreamed of this moment many times without really believing it would come true one day. And now I don't know what to say.

I probably pictured myself jumping and celebrating, but the loss of my aunt (my mom's sister) in May 2019 from this same desease and the thought of all the women who have died, make my sad. Of course I am grateful for having my mother with me and I cherish every moment, but I I have mixed feelings.

My mom's breast cancer history is very strange. She had IDC in 2006, ILC in 2008 and ovarian Mets (from the ILC in 2011). In August 2019 had a local recurrence from the IDC. She is currently NED again. She has had great QOL and a long round of Aromasil that lasted 8+ years

I wonder if these few facts haved contributed to her long survival: the metastasis was only found in one place (olygometastasis), she was asymptomatic at the time of th MBC diagnosis and the tumor load was removed.

I even wonder if having had the ovaries removed (this is were the tumor was) has also helped, but I don't know if that makes sense because she was 54 and postmenopausal.

Another thing that I did was reading "Anticancer: A New Way of Life" by David Servan-Schreiber and we followed some of his advices. Basicly: green tea+dark chocolate (together) and more probioticos (to be specific my mom eats "kefir" every day).

Now that I know that sometimes dreams come true, I will keep dreaming of the cure. And once the cure is found I will jump and celebrate and post here. I will still miss my aunt and be sad for many women, but then I will have some peace. Please may the cure be found soon.

Love to all of you and to my amazing mother. And the warmest hug to heaven were our angels are resting and waiting for us. Te quiero, tía.

Alicia