Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In Memoriam To a Longtime Member

Options
divinemrsm
divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,003

I learned on another thread that one of our longtime members, Fitztwins, passed away on October 7. She lived with mbc for 17 years. But her death was caused by a fungal infection.

There is a thread about her in the “stage iv forum open to all to contribute”, I only happened to find out by reading another post in this “stage iv only’ section”. Since I don’t often browse the other section. I thought in case there might be others that might not know, I added a thread here, too.

Janis was very inspiring to me, always. I am so sadden by her loss, yet I know she lived life fully and “enjoyed every sandwich”, which was her signature line.

I’m posting a link to her obituary at the end of this post. I added it because it tells us more about the life she lived. There’s even a shout out to her online mbc support (us).

I really can’t say enough about how much her presence on these boards helped me find sanity and reasons to keep moving forward after the initial shock of an mbc diagnosis. She was truly a very special woman, and even tho she didn’t post as often the past couple years, I shall very much miss her.

https://obits.mlive.com/us/obituaries/grandrapids/name/janis-fitzgerald-obituary?id=24548170

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,747
    Options

TBH, I’m still a bit shocked. Rationally I know none of us will go on forever but if anyone could, I though it might be Janis. May she rest in power!

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 757
    Options

She was a light. I am saddened beyond words.

Tina

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 757
    Options

I am so sad about this but thankful she lived long enough to see her twins graduate from high school. She didn't post often in the past 2 years but I know she was busy living. Rest in power and peace, Fitztwins.

• bestbird
    bestbird Member Posts: 232
    Options

Beyond saddened to hear of Fitztwins passing. Her posts conveyed her indomitable spirit, and she will be sorely missed.

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    Options

Thinking about Fitzwins. I’m so glad she got to see her boys grow up

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308
    Options

wow, so shocking. Like others I thought if anyone could beat this it would be Fitztwins. Kind thoughts to all who loved her.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,907
    Options

Oh, we're terribly heartbroken. Our hugs and thoughts are with her family and all who cared about her. She was such a wonderful presence and support Medicating

• Dita
    Dita Member Posts: 14
    Options

Im so sorry to read this.

Thanks for posting her obit. Sounds like she was as inspirational in 'real life' as she was on these boards.

• camdenandmo
    camdenandmo Member Posts: 3
    Options

I am so sad to read this. I don't check the forums very often, but when I do it's always been comforting to see her posts.

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 519
    Options

I know Fitztwins via her wonderful thread let’s do a sh*t people say to mbc patients... when I joined bco, she was not active, but her thread was a very first place to read all of those nonsense comments people around made, honestly it was hearth-warming to see that I am not alone to deal with these clueless people on top of mbc! Thanks Fitztwins for helping/ bringing peace in our minds, you are missed, Rest In Peace.

• shutterbug73
    shutterbug73 Member Posts: 284
    Options

I haven't been active here for quite some time, but I do pop in now and then to check on some of the long-timers that I remember from the early years of my diagnosis. For some reason Fitztwins came to mind not too long ago. I'm so sad to hear that she has passed. Thank you for posting her obituary, DivineMrsM.