Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Fluctuating Alkaline Phosphatase

Options
JACK5IE
JACK5IE Member Posts: 654

My ALP is within normal limits, 105 (40-156), but it fluctuates up and down in the normal range consistently. Last month it was 70 and the month before that it was 100. Is this normal? Every time anything heads in the wrong direction I freak out. You’d think I’d be used to this crap by now.

Jackie

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,003
    edited January 2022
    Options

Jackie, your signature line shows that you are on Piqray. I don't know anything about that drug, but if you're still taking it, It wouldn't surprise me if that's what's affecting your bloodwork. Personally, if the ALP is within normal range just bouncing around, I would accept that and not read a lot into it.

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited January 2022
    Options

Divine…

No I am no longer on Piqray. It didn't work for me even though I have the mutation. It was a horrible drug for me. I am now on the chemotherapy Abraxane.

I was just wondering if the bouncing around is normal so I don't freak every time it goes north. Thanks.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,058
    edited January 2022
    Options

Jackie: In BC (Canada) where I live, ALP range is given as 35-120. I wonder about the difference on the higher end. I watch my count as well and freak out out if is is a mere 4 points above. (124) My MO does not seem overly concerned by minor "overages" I would be happy as long as it is in the range, like Divine said.

• Tiffany214
    Tiffany214 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2022
    Options

My alk phos never fluctuated above 70 in the 9 months since my diagnoses, until now. I looked at my labs from last week and noticed my Alk Phos jumped from 65 to 168 in a matter of 6 days. I am sick with worry, and thinking the absolute worst. I just stopped taxol end of January. I am now on Arimidex oral once a day and Herceptin and Perjeta every 3 weeks. I still get my Aredia for bone Mets as well as Zoladex once a month. Iam also furious that my oncologist did not mention my labs to me. What can be wrong? I’m terrified I have progression to my liver.