Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Mets lymph node., lung cancer, scan-nodal uptake.

Options
pabbie
pabbie Member Posts: 70

Feb. 2022 Mets to a lymph node located one inch above my right breast mastectomy site in the chest wall. Treating with tamoxifen only. Dx'd with stage 1 lung cancer 4/2021. Treated with 5 SBRT radiations.

6/13/22 My recent pet scan

there are multiple new sites of nodal uptake and increasing hypermetabolism in the left lung nodule suggesting disease progression. Subcentimeter lung nodules are too small to metabolically characterize.

Anyone with similar situation. If so, what were your treatment options. Thank you and take care.

Comments

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 757
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi Pabbie - I have not had your same experience but I had distant nodal Mets when I had a recurrence . In your case if you had lung cancer (not breast cancer metastasized to your lungs ) I would think your oncologist might biopsy the nodule with FDG uptake. If it is er+ breast cancer there they may start you on a cdk 4/6 and faslodex. Hang in there , I'm sorry you are in this situation ! Let us know what your doctor recommends . I was started on faslodex and Ibrance and these meds have worked well so far.

• waves2stars
    waves2stars Member Posts: 98
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi there! I was recently dx with non small cell lung cancer myself. It was first assumed to be BC metastasis, but further advanced profiling proved it to be LC that includes a genetic mutation, requiring targeted therapy.How have they determined your lung nodules are LC vs BC?

• pabbie
    edited June 2022
    Options

Thank you. Your reminder to have a biopsy before treatment is hopeful. It's hard to decipher a pet scan without the help of a dr. My onc appt. is on 7/12/22.

Take care.

• pabbie
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi,

I was being treated for a bc recurrence and my surgeon requested a pet scan. The nodule showed up on the scan., then the node was biopsied to confirm lung cancer.

Take care.

• waves2stars
    waves2stars Member Posts: 98
    edited June 2022
    Options

I’m sorry you had a BC recurrence and have had to endure multiple cancers!Maybe you have already had this done, but ask for genomic profiling with Foundation One, or a similar company. Around 7% of lung cancer patients have an acquired genetic defect. Targeted therapies for this group (TKI’s) increase overall survival drastically, and traditional treatment are not as effective.

• fathea
    fathea Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2022
    Options

pabbie

I hope you feel better

What was the nodule size ? And what treatment they advise ?