Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bone mets diagnosed while pregnant

Options
katerinam
katerinam Member Posts: 2

Hello all,

I was diagnosed with BC in 2016, at 34. I am 40 now and 3,5 months pregnant with my first child. I ve had a severe back pain and also my CA 15-3 was slightly elevated. MRI of thoraic spine found a lesion in my sternum. This is all I know for now. I also know that if I want to stay pregnant, I can not have the targeted treatment, but have to have taxol until delivery.

My consultation is Wednesday. I am so scarred. Anyone has experience with a met to sternum or being diagnosed pregnant?

Thank you so much

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,907
    edited June 2022
    Options

Welcome, katerinam. We are so very sorry that you find yourself here, we know that this is a very difficult time. It's so much to process on top of being pregnant! You'll find some info on being diagnosed during pregnancy in our Young with BC forum. Our Bone Mets thread is also very extensive and helpful. Please do keep us posted on how it goes on Wednesday, we're thinking of you!

The Mods

• katerinam
    katerinam Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hello Mods,

Thank you so much for your kind words and additional resources.

I rebuilt my life and career after the initial diagnosis, was just beginning the fog has finally gone. And than after two years of trying, I finally got one to stick. I was so happy about pretty much everything.

It is indeed a lot to take in. Glad to know I am not alone.

Katerina

• mikamika
    mikamika Member Posts: 242
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hello Katerina, I am sorry that you are dealing with all this stress. How are? How was your consultation?