Topic: Anyone start treatment before pathology report?

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer ONLY. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets.

Posted on: Nov 29, 2022 10:58PM

Posted on: Nov 29, 2022 10:58PM

fondak wrote:

At the end of September I learned my cancer was back after 11 years in my bones which led to further tests also revealing it was in my liver. Nov 1 I had a liver biopsy. The hospital forgot to send it off for the pathology report. They sent it off for genetic testing only but said they would send it off. At my appointment about 3 weeks ago my MO said should be back any day.
She went ahead and gave me what she felt would be my treatment plan suspecting I'm still estrogen positive and her 2 neg.

I've had my first shots of Falsodex and start Verzenio tomorrow. Today, I learned they were not able to get the pathology from the tissue but will be getting it from other avenues including bloodwork and the doctor is confident it will be a good report or she would reorder the biopsy.

Has anyone else had a pathology report from bloodwork? Im just concerned because I know this wasn't her first choice for getting the results.

Dx 8/5/2011, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 9/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Nov 30, 2022 12:03AM nopink2019 wrote:

My diagnosis was from fluid extracted from lungs (plural effusion). Then a blood test that I think eliminated PIK3. I've not had a liver biopsy, thought I would, but review of 2019 report from fluid on lungs showed HER2 low. In 2019, it was only called HER2 + or -.

2008: Stage 1 ER+/ PR-/ HER2- (lumpectomy, ACT, rads +7 yrs AI) 2019: Stage 4 (lungs & liver). Treatment, then progression - Kisqali & fluvestrant (18 mos), Aromasin & Afinitor (6 mos), Xeloda (6 mos). Eribulin (6 mos). Start Enhertu 01/2023. Since 2020 Lexapro for depression & Ritalin for fatigue

Nov 30, 2022 09:30AM fondak wrote:

nopink2019 Thank you for sharing that. It really helps. Everything seems so different this time around. It gets a bit overwhelming for me.

Dx 8/5/2011, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 9/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Scroll to top button