We are 190,398 members in 81 forums discussing 142,210 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer → Topic: TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Topic: TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer —

Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Jan 31, 2011 07:30AM - edited Dec 10, 2012 08:55AM by TonLee

TonLee wrote:

This is primarily for people who find themselves with THREE +'s by their diagnosis. 

If you are new to breast cancer, please click on the link below and read.  It is "What I Wish I Knew At the Beginning of Treatment."

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/6/topic/797454

IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+/HER2+, Skin Sparing uni-MX with TE, TCH, Rads Dx 9/14/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 1024 of 1,055 (31,641 results)

Posts 30691 - 30720 (31,641 total)

May 17, 2017 10:46PM Suburbs wrote:

Hi KMac68. I had hair a few inches below my shoulders and it started falling out in massive clumps after week two. I eventually had it all buzzed off. I have about 6 wigs in a guest bedroom. I walk in there and ask out loud things like "Who wants to do a movie and dinner out tonight?" This is a recent occurrence. It took me a few months to laugh about anything hair related.

I felt really stiff from pain from the port but it went away after a few days. The post op instructions were priceless. "Avoid sedatives and alcohol for the next 24 hours". We really laughed at that. As if...

I've never taken anti-depressants. A few days ago, I had to start. When asked how I am doing, I reply that I'm taking Prozac and chasing it with Valium until it starts working. So I am doing great. If the anxiety or depression get to be too much or the pressure of wearing your party face for everyone else becomes to much, you might consider asking for something.

Dx 1/9/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 2/1/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 2/1/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 6/21/2017 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

May 17, 2017 11:39PM OhHeyItsDeeDee wrote:

Hey kmac68 and Upheld! I just wanted to let you guys know that I will be sending positive vibes your way as you start your treatment. I finished my six cycles of TCHP on 3/30 and just had my bilateral mastectomy on 5/9. You will get through this! The meds for nausea do their job VERY effectively. I was given Zofran and Compezine and never even took the Zofran because the Compezine was enough! I worked full time through chemo as well. I didn't ice my hands or feet during infusions but I wish I had because my fingernails look awful! I did suck on ice chips though, and didn't get any mouth sores. I shaved my head before starting chemo and just rocked the bald. Now I have fuzzies growing in so I look like an overgrown kiwi Loopy I don't have much advice to give with the neulasta since I only got one with my very last infusion. I can say that I didn't take claritin with it and experienced bone pain. It wasn't the worst pain ever, but it lingered for several days, so that sucked. If Claritin is suppose to help, then by all means take it!

The absolute WORST was the "Big D" (diarrhea). Invest in Imodium-once the poo typhoon begins, it can be a challenge to control. STAY HYDRATED!!!

I did go through what is called chemopause. I haven't had a period since January and I did (and still do) experience hot flashes. I'm hoping my symptoms don't get worse once I start Tamoxifen. But all in all, chemo is doable. I was scared to death of chemo and I made it through and so will you. Upheld gave some really good advice regarding your family. A week after my infusions I would return to work and you could feel the calm take over the house because Mom was better and all was right with the world.

PM me if you have any questions or would like to chat!

Dx 10/27/2016, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/20 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy 12/5/2016 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/5/2016 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 12/5/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 4/20/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 5/9/2017 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 7/21/2017 Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy 7/31/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

May 18, 2017 01:05AM Suburbs wrote:

oheitsdeedee, great post. I admire your attitude. Sound like you just keep moving forward and working with the hand you've been dealt. Welcome to the triple positive group. :

Dx 1/9/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 2/1/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 2/1/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 6/21/2017 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

May 18, 2017 03:08AM - edited May 18, 2017 03:14AM by Rufhewn

Hi Kmac and upheld, just under three years ago (started Treatment 7/10/14) I was where you were. Same treatment regimen. First chemo was the toughest, I think they upped the dose to hit it hard and then dialled back. I won't lie and tell you it was easy, it wasn't but each step of the way is closer to getting back to normal. And you will. You will look back at this is a very large bump in the road. Good news, as I am sure you've been told, the drugs for HER2 are a godsend for a positive outcome. Take it one day at a time and look forward. Btw, I didn't get mouth sores at all though I did lose my taste which was difficult. Upside, I lost quite a bit of weight (except I've now gained it back!). Be gentle with yourself and let your family be there for you. It's okay to give into the grief of being diagnosed with BC. You'll be surprised how quickly the next three years goes. Hugs (btw, surgery and radiation were a cakewalk for me).

Dx 6/20/2014, IDC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 7/9/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 7/9/2014 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 7/10/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 1/26/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Surgery Lumpectomy

May 18, 2017 10:28AM bareclaws wrote:

DeeDee, it's so great to hear from you! You sound very positive and in control. We have similar dx, same time frame but I had to switch from TCHP to AC plus Taxol. Getting Herceptin now too, weekly until December. I had a BMX, between AC and Taxol, which was no big deal, easier than chemo, for sure! Anyway, it's only now, six months down the road from dx, that I'm startg to feel like I'm managing my treatment, and my life. My hair fell out early on, but started growing immediately and has continued to grow during Taxol (#5 tomorrow) Not fast, or thick, but my scalp is almost covered. Of course, it may all still fall out again and I'm prepared for that. I'm getting back to running, ever mindful that Herceptin can cause heart damage. Now if I could only shed the eight pounds gained over last few months

May 18, 2017 05:49PM KB870 wrote:

bareclaws you sound like one tough lady. I'm sure you'll make the running happen.

Hugs.

Diagnosed at 62 when I was feeling great! Active swimmer, erger and more. Surgery 9/19/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 10/6/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 10/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 11/28/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/29/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2017 Multi-catheter: Breast

May 18, 2017 05:50PM - edited May 18, 2017 05:51PM by bareclaws

Not tough so much as mean and stubborn!

May 18, 2017 09:39PM kmac68 wrote:

Suburbs, I love your humor with the wigs!  I haven't decided if I want to get one, living in Texas the summers are very hot and I'm pretty sure I would want to wear one, especially every day.  I've had my port for 2 days and it's already feeling less sore but very itchy with it healing. Luckily I already take an antidepressant and my Dr. gave me Xanax the day of my diagnosis which I only use if I really need it.

OhHeyItsDeeDee, Thank you for the positive vibes, they are greatly appreciated. I will make sure that I get the cold packs for my feet & hands. My Neulasta injected tonight, I took my Claritin today and advil a while ago.  So we will see how I feel in the morning. I am dreading the "Big D", I have IBS as it is and this is just going to make it worse. I am drinking water and Gatorade all day long.  You said you worked through chemo. Did you stay home the first week after chemo? I went today and felt exhausted by the end of the day and I am going to take tomorrow off.  I just don't know what to expect and when. Thank you for all of the great info.

Rufhew, I keep telling myself one day at a time, one chemo treatment at a time. With all of the things a Triple Positive brings, I feel fortunate to have this at this time with all of the targeted therapies that work so well. I know I need to let myself go through whatever stages I need to as far as grief. As with most women and as a Registered Nurse, I am the one who takes care of everyone else and it is hard to let go of that. Thank you for your words of encouragement. Hugs

Dx 4/24/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 5/16/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 5/17/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 5/17/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab)

May 19, 2017 07:39AM - edited May 19, 2017 07:40AM by KB870

Check up from Brachytherapy yesterday along with echocardiogram. Everything good! Nice cardiology resident learning the echo stuff too, very interesting for me also. Certainly had the patient communication part down well.Odd though he looked vaguely like one of the TV doctors I think from House LOL!

Oh and the RO is getting my mammo booked for 5/6 months time.

Diagnosed at 62 when I was feeling great! Active swimmer, erger and more. Surgery 9/19/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 10/6/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 10/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 11/28/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/29/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/3/2017 Multi-catheter: Breast

May 19, 2017 07:23PM Tresjoli2 wrote:

HapB I drove myself to treatment or took the train in every week. I also worked full time, including from the infusion chair (hospital had wifi).

I declined the benadryl but was on heavy steroids for my allergy to taxol. When I switched to abraxane no issues.

You can do this by yourself! I saw no point for my husband to sit in a chair for hours and hours staring at me...i preferred to be alone, let him work, and then he helped me with the kids on the weekends.

Diagnosed at age 40 after going for my baseline mammogram. Dx 4/21/2015, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 4/21/2015, DCIS, Left, 4cm, Stage 0, Grade 3 Surgery 5/18/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 6/19/2015 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/19/2015 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 8/7/2015 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 9/24/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/11/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 19, 2017 09:07PM - edited May 20, 2017 01:42AM by HapB

Tresjoli2, I am so glad you could work and get treatment. I am also glad that you had a husband to help you at home, go grocery shopping, or cook meals, or cut the lawn, help with the bills, do the laundry, or clean the house... LIving alone is just not the same as when you have a caretaker living with you and I find that since my divorce, my married friends just do not understand the totality of supporting a household alone wihile being treated for cancer. It is so much more than being able to drive myself to chemo that I question being able to do alone. Dealing with the treatments on top of doing everything independently is exhausting. I battled a GI cancer 6 years ago with surgery, chemo, and radiation. I just don't have the energy these days to do this again. If I had someone to lend a hand, it might be different. Also, I am now 65 and worn out from all this cancer!

Dx 4/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 5/10/2017 Lumpectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 6/9/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Radiation Therapy

May 20, 2017 08:06AM - edited May 20, 2017 08:06AM by Tresjoli2

oh HapB, I'm sorry if my post offended you. I wasn't trying to hit a nerve. I was just trying to point out that driving yourself to treatment was doable if you give up the benadryl. I'm really sorry.

There are some resources out there to help you. The American Cancer society is terrific. They can arrange rides for you, they can help you with getting a wig. There are even people who will come and clean your house for you if you are sick. But if you call ACS they can help you get pointed in the right direction.

Lots of hugs to you. This journey is so hard and I'm sorry you had to join us here..

Love,

Pamela

Diagnosed at age 40 after going for my baseline mammogram. Dx 4/21/2015, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 4/21/2015, DCIS, Left, 4cm, Stage 0, Grade 3 Surgery 5/18/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 6/19/2015 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/19/2015 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 8/7/2015 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 9/24/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/11/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 20, 2017 05:46PM Cowgirl13 wrote:

Hi Hap, I was 63 when diagnosed and lived alone too. The first thing I'd like to say is don't push yourself and don't compare what you can do to what others can do. Listen to yourself as to what you can do. I was terrified of chemo but got through it quite well, all things considered. Re: steroids, my doc cut them down a little but its my understanding that they are given to prevent a serious reaction from chemo. I had a friend drive me and she stayed with me for my first chemo. The second time someone dropped me off. By the third time I was able to drive myself...it was no big deal by then.

Hope this helps a little.

"Never miss a good chance to shut up."- Will Rogers Dx 5/28/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 20, 2017 06:04PM HapB wrote:

Thanks, Cowgirl.

Dx 4/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 5/10/2017 Lumpectomy: Right Targeted Therapy 6/9/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Radiation Therapy

May 20, 2017 06:07PM HapB wrote:

trejolie, no apology necessary. It is just not a comparable situation. If I had a caregiver living with me, I would not have the fear of not being able to function fully alone. I have a home to maintain and bills to pay alone.

May 20, 2017 11:27PM Jerseygirl927 wrote:

hello kmac, been good here now that i am in my 2nd year with clean results. The claritan helped alot, if you get joint or bone pain, take it day before treatment and several days after. Did not get perjeta, her diahrea is a side effect, but deends ob your diet. Crackers and peanut butter helped alot. Stay positive and lots of water, water, water.

Surgery 1/13/2015 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx 1/14/2015, ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 2/26/2015 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 5/30/2015 Femara (letrozole) Dx IDC, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 21, 2017 01:46AM - edited May 21, 2017 01:47AM by KimT113

Anyone triple positive and stage IV that can let me know what to suggest or ask about after THP treatments? I'm on treatment #4 of 6. My Oncologist has recommended staying on Herceptin and anti-estrogen hormone meds after my current treatment is done until it stops working.

I'm open to any suggestions, radical procedures, or uncovered new medical stuff. I have multiple lung mets and 4 liver mets in one lobe. Status quo seems like waiting for disaster. I'd like to be as proactive as possible and be on the attack at all times.

Dx 2/28/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 3/27/2017 Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 3/27/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 3/27/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab)

May 21, 2017 08:48AM moodyblues wrote:

I received my port Friday.  Said to keep large bandage on for 48 hours and then take it off, to tell you the truth I was high as a kite and remember very little of what they said.  Instructions say 48 hours remove bandage.  Weird that I worry about this bandage more than the bandages on other more sensitive places AFTER MASTECTOMY.  I cried several days b4 the port , as I knew this meant the chemo will start soon.  You all have made me smile and laugh, I love the humor and bluntness off the posts.  I seriously don't know what I would do with out you.  :)

Dx 2/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 3/31/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement

May 21, 2017 09:27AM - edited May 21, 2017 09:29AM by ElaineTherese

Hi KimT113,

Have you checked out the lung/liver mets threads? I do know that with Stage IV, the goal is stability, and if you get lucky, NED. There is a Stage IV thread for HER2+ breast cancer patients who are being treated with Herceptin and/or Perjeta.

See https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/826737?page=17#idx_506

It is also the case that many oncologists begin their ER+/PR+ patients on anti-hormonals, which are very powerful meds and have produced NED on their own.

Some Stage IV patients have said that their doctors reserve "the big guns" (various chemo regimens) for later, when Herceptin and the anti-hormonals are no longer keeping their cancer at bay.

In any case, the moderators have created a way in which you can search for trials and studies that you may qualify for.

See https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/835239

Also, be sure to request bestbird's guide to metastatic breast cancer, as discussed here:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/831507?page=2#idx_31

Best wishes! ((Hugs))

DX IDC June 28, 2014, 5 cm., 1 node tested positive (fine needle biopsy); 0/20 after neoadjuvant chemo + ALND; Grade 3; ER+ PR+ HER2+ Neoadjuvant chemotherapy starting 7/23/14 ACX 4, Taxol X 12, Perjeta X 4; Herceptin: one year Chemotherapy 7/22/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 9/16/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 9/16/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/16/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 1/11/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary Hormonal Therapy 2/24/2015 Aromasin (exemestane), Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy 3/8/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes

May 21, 2017 02:47PM KimT113 wrote:

Thank you for all of the info.

Dx 2/28/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 3/27/2017 Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 3/27/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 3/27/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab)

May 21, 2017 03:06PM kae_md99 wrote:

hi all,

so i asked my infusion center how much they are charging my insurance for the Perjeta i am getting and i was shocked to learn that each infusion costs $11,000!. i was hoping that we could convince my insurance for me to continue perjeta with herceptin after the 6 cyles of TCHP once the trial result is out ( aphinity 3) but now i am not so sure they will cover it since its not FDA approved yet....

kae, 1-10-17, IDC,2.5 cm, right,er(+)pr( +),her2(+),grade 2;DCIS, right, er(+),per(+),grade 2; DCIS,left, er(+),pr(+),grade 2, 2-17-17- Taxotere, Carboplatin ; 2-17-17- Herceptin , Perjeta, Lupron ; july 14,2017,BMX,TE's,SNB

May 21, 2017 03:13PM ElaineTherese wrote:

Yep, those infusions are expensive. That's why Perjeta is less available in countries with public health care systems. So, we shouldn't take them for granted.

DX IDC June 28, 2014, 5 cm., 1 node tested positive (fine needle biopsy); 0/20 after neoadjuvant chemo + ALND; Grade 3; ER+ PR+ HER2+ Neoadjuvant chemotherapy starting 7/23/14 ACX 4, Taxol X 12, Perjeta X 4; Herceptin: one year Chemotherapy 7/22/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 9/16/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 9/16/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/16/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 1/11/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary Hormonal Therapy 2/24/2015 Aromasin (exemestane), Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy 3/8/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes

May 21, 2017 03:49PM kae_md99 wrote:

you are right Elaine,those who are getting it together with herceptin are very lucky...

kae, 1-10-17, IDC,2.5 cm, right,er(+)pr( +),her2(+),grade 2;DCIS, right, er(+),per(+),grade 2; DCIS,left, er(+),pr(+),grade 2, 2-17-17- Taxotere, Carboplatin ; 2-17-17- Herceptin , Perjeta, Lupron ; july 14,2017,BMX,TE's,SNB

May 21, 2017 11:49PM New_and_Strong wrote:

Thank you everyone for your support and comments. My apologies for the late response. I couldnt figure out how to get back to this thread. It's quite comforting knowing that I am not alone and that there are strangers willing to give their time and advice. I will look into the gelcaps. Is that the same as the coldcaps? I looked into clinical trials and saw none for triple postive. I really do think that having a great support system is key. My family, friends, few coworkers (that know) and my church family have been soooo supportive. Sometimes I get tired of the how you doing calls/texts, but I know that they mean well. Lol I tell them to act like everything is normal. If we only spoke once a week prior to the diagnosis lets leave it that way. Lol not to be mean but for me to keep some normalcy.

So far I do like my team. Everyone seems knowledgeable and nice. I started chemo about a week ago. The 7 hours flew by. Sounds weird but it really did lol. My side effects are pretty much bearable except for this rash. Im thinking its from the perjeta, but Im being told its probably not. Its surrounds my neck, its on my hands and some spots on my arms. Oh and tonight I see that its on my tongue as well. Benadryl and hydrocortisone does not alleviate the itch or the visuals. I am quite concerned. Has anyone heard of this happening?

BC squad I thank you again. For welcoming me and adding a sense of comfort to hectic situation. You all are so knoweledgeable. I have to look up some of the acronyms, but its really like we have our own language.

May 22, 2017 12:49AM SpecialK wrote:

new - taxanes are well known for rashes, and this can be a sign of an allergic reaction. Have you told your MO about the rash?

kim - there are several ladies on the stage IV threads who have received Herceptin long term with good success, jeninmichigan, I believe beatmon, and I am sure they can point you to others that I am not aware of. There is a stage IV member bestbird who has put out a guide to treatments, which has a ton of info, here is a link:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/831507?page=3#post_4882020

BMX w/ TE 11/1/10, ALND 12/6/10. 14 additional surgeries. TCHx6 2/17-6/2/11. Herceptin until 1/19/12. Femara 8/1/11, Arimidex 6/20/12, back to Femara 6/18/13-present. Dx 9/27/2010, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 9/27/2010, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3

May 22, 2017 09:33AM Suburbs wrote:

New and strong, I had a skin reaction as well. I was prescribed steroids day 5 after infusion 1 and continued to take them until infusion 4 when my MO urged me to try to tough it out without them due to concern about long-term use. After that Benadryl worked to make it tolerable. Topical Benadryl gel and Benadryl at night worked better than the steroids and topical cortisone. Hang in there.

May 22, 2017 10:06AM shelabela wrote:

New and Strong

I had a rash the whole 12 weeks that I was on Taxol. FInally 4 weeks post taxol and currently on AC and the rash is finally gone.

I was taking benadryl, nightly and using aveno body wash as well as lotion. I also toke a pepcid daily. My MO is not sure how that helps but it does.

Good luck

Dx 1/10/2017, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 2/4/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 2/4/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/5/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 5/1/2017 AC Surgery 7/18/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

May 23, 2017 05:29PM deni1661 wrote:

Hello New - I am participating in a clinical trial for HER2 triple positive and just had excellent results from my surgery. Details about the trial can be found in the link below or you can private message me for more info.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02689921?te...

Your positivity will get you through this. Take care, sending hugs

Dx 7/25/2016, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy 9/6/2016 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 9/6/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/6/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 4/27/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Surgery 5/9/2017 Reconstruction (left): Stacked DIEP flap

May 23, 2017 05:41PM deni1661 wrote:

Hello Kim, I'm sorry you have to go through this. This community provides a wealth of knowledge so I will pray you find some additional treatment options. Elaine provided excellent resources so that is a great place to start. The cancer center where I am being treated recently launched a clinical trial for advanced cancers; I'm not sure if you qualify but it might be something to check into. Here is the link:

http://www.cancercenter.com/discussions/blog/tapur-trial-targets-individual-cancers-with-treatments-outside-of-fda-approved-indications/

Best wishes, take care. Sending hugs

Dx 7/25/2016, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy 9/6/2016 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 9/6/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/6/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 4/27/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Surgery 5/9/2017 Reconstruction (left): Stacked DIEP flap

May 23, 2017 09:38PM HapB wrote:

My pathology report from the lumpectomy came back today. The tumor is triple positive, no spread to the nodes, and no cancer in the tissue removed. The tumor measured 1.8 cm. I see the MO on Friday and they are still recommending chemo, radiation, and then aromotase inhibitors for 5 years. So, even though I was stage 1, it is the same treatment? Has anyone else been stage 1 triple positive and NOT done the chemo? I need more information. Thanks!

Page 1024 of 1,055 (31,641 results)