Log in to post a reply
Jul 16, 2017 10:28AM
Jul 16, 2017 10:52AM
Thanks, Lita. As I said in my posts, I am learning about the role of diet and cancer and there is much that I need to change. This is my third time with cancer, and I never judge any person, but posted about the need for patient education on this topic so we can help ourselves. We all do the best we can at the moment that we are in, as I said in my post.
Here is a copy of a post that I had sent a friend here, if anyone is interested.
So here are the books that I have read so far about diet:
1) "Super Immunity, The Essential Nutirition Guide for Boosting Your Body's Defenses to Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free"; by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
2) "Eat to Live Cookbook"; by JoelFuhrman, M.D. ( great recipes)
3) The Healing Foods Cookbook, by Gary Null, Ph.D. ( really good recipes with pictures too! )
4) "The Cancer Recovery Plan, Maximise Your Cancer Treatment with This Proven NUtrition, Exercise, and Stress Reduction Program"; by D. Barry Boyd, M.D.
5) "The Cantin Ketogenic Diet, For Cancer, Type 1 Diabetes, & Other Ailments" by Elaine Cantin ( a little extreme, but may try it someday)
6.) " Anti- Cancer, a New Way of Life", by Dr. DAvid Servan- Schreiber ( he eventually died of his brain cancer.....but he did a lot of research)
I like Fuhrman's books and he also appears on PBS often.
I like the Healing Foods cookbook very much.
I bought all the books on Amazon, but the library probably has some of them.
There are also lots of websites that I will share with you another time! I bought a Nutribullet for juicing and will start that soon. First, I want to make sure all the Taxol is out of me so my body can handle raw veggies and fruits.
I think Fuhrman has a website. You could take a look.
My biggest takeaway from his books is that everyday we must include:
Greens, Onions,Mushrooms, Beans, Seeds and a salad a day. (GOMBS)
He has a great anticancer soup recipe that I like.
This is a good start.....it can get overwhelming. I have to boil down what works for me. The first step is ridding my diet of all carcinogens and junk food and mostly relying on a plant based diet as much as I can.
4/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH)
5/10/2017 Lumpectomy: Right
6/9/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab)