Topic: TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer — Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Jan 31, 2011 07:30AM - edited Dec 10, 2012 08:55AM by TonLee

Posted on: Jan 31, 2011 07:30AM - edited Dec 10, 2012 08:55AM by TonLee

TonLee wrote:

This is primarily for people who find themselves with THREE +'s by their diagnosis. 

If you are new to breast cancer, please click on the link below and read.  It is "What I Wish I Knew At the Beginning of Treatment."

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/6/topic/797454

IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+/HER2+, Skin Sparing uni-MX with TE, TCH, Rads Dx 9/14/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 2 of 3,992 (39,912 results)

Jan 31, 2011 12:48PM PGK wrote:

Wishing you the best of luck, Smile SmileLooks like we'll be starting at about the same time!
Dx 7/23/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 31, 2011 12:53PM Omaz wrote:

I'm in as triple positive.  TonLee - the 7 women may not have gotten herceptin. They also may have been hormone receptor negative. 

Jan 31, 2011 12:53PM libraylil wrote:

Tonlee  thanks for starting a +++ thread for us girls to keep in contact.  I'm going for my post lumpectomy re excision appt today.  librarylil
Dx 7/15/2010, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 8/4/2010 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 8/7/2010 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 1/4/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 4/6/2011 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/5/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jan 31, 2011 01:18PM SusieMTN wrote:

Great to start this link TonLee!

Triple positive here!  Its been 2 years since my mastectomy Smile and I plan on having many more years under my belt. 

Diagnosed July of '08 and had 6 months of Chemo (up front) to shrink an 11 cm tumor, which chemo very effectively did except for 2 nodes.  Considering how my breast looked with cancer, I was a happy camper that Chemo made the large mass disappear! 1 yr of Herceptin. Onto a Modified Radical Mastectomy and then Radiation - 33 treatments.  I was put on Arimidex switched to Aromasin and now doing far better on Tamoxifen. (Joint and spine issues while on AI's thus Tamoxifen for this post menopausal women) 

When I grow up I STILL want to be an old woman.....Mets and ALL! Dx 7/22/2008, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, 2/3 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 31, 2011 03:53PM TonLee wrote:

Welcome everyone! 

Smile-On At least your Onc has a scan somewhere in your future.   The members of my survivor's group were all treated at my facility and half of them have NEVER had any type scan.  Two of them were recently diagnosed with extensive mets to the bones and they're 2 and 5 years out.  I wonder if it was in their bones all along and if scanned they might have avoided the poor prognosis they're getting now.  (Their symptoms?  They can't walk.)

I hope your treatment works out and you're able to start tomorrow.  My docs haven't even mentioned Tamox to me yet.  Should I be on it now?  I was >95% ER & PR.

Lago-I'm not concerned about micromets, but mets period.  I imagine (in my nightmares) that it is somewhere else right now and chemo doesn't knock it out.  Then in a year or two it spreads even more.  Part of the reason he refuses to do a scan (besides "policy") is because I wouldn't let them take more than 4 lymph nodes.  Every time I ask for a scan he says, "Well, if you would have allowed us to take more lymphs, we would know more about aggressiveness and that might call for scans."  That's BS.  4/4 lymphs and 7/10 lymphs is the same stage.  The histology and HER2+ should be enough imo.  I will have a scan at the end of chemo, one way or another.  I just hate that I have to fight for peace of mind.

Omaz- Good point about the Herceptin and the ladies from my group possibly not getting it.  I don't know because no one will really discuss them in detail.  But they were less than 5 years from treatment so I assumed they got it.

Susie I LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear from triple pos. women who are thriving! .

IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+/HER2+, Skin Sparing uni-MX with TE, TCH, Rads Dx 9/14/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 31, 2011 04:03PM TonLee wrote:

Libra!

Good luck today.  Let us know how it goes...

Jan 31, 2011 04:21PM webu wrote:

Thanks for starting this thread, TonLee. I'm Triple+, have had a lumpectomy and started TCH x6 two weeks ago. That will be followed by rads. 

I't scary to hear about the women in your group, but they may have been metastatic before they got Herceptin. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the odds much better for those of us with early stage HER2+++ cancer than for women with mets?

Lumpectomy 12/6/11; TCH x 6, weekly Herceptin during chemo and then every three weeks for a total of twelve months - start date 1/14/11 - chemo will be followed by rads Dx 11/12/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 31, 2011 04:26PM PGK wrote:

@webu

I think you're right thanks to the availability of Herceptin for early stagers.  I'm hoping so anyway.  We have a very similar diagnosis.  No rads for me though.  I did the BMX in Sept 2010.  Hang in there with the TCH!

GK

Dx 7/23/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 31, 2011 04:29PM TonLee wrote:

Web

True, they could have had mets to start with, which is kinda my point.  With scans they would have known that.

One lady who has bone mets is stage 3 at diagnosis like me, the other stage 1.  Stage 1 didn't have ANY lymph involvement (she is morbidly obese though, so I'm not sure how much that might play into it.)   Of course BC doesn't have to travel through the lymph system, so I guess maybe hers didn't, and that's why the nodes were clear?  She considered herself "cured."  She's devastated.

Jan 31, 2011 04:30PM blondie45 wrote:

I am triple positive also. Had unilateral mastectomy almost 2 years ago now. Wanted bilateral, but insurance said no the day before surgery. Getting very close to DIEP reconstruction to finish the bilateral that I wanted and then reconstruct both sides. Just waiting on the call for a date, hoping end of February or beginning of March.

Dx 4/14/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 6/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 2 of 3,992 (39,912 results)

Scroll to top button