Topic: TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer — Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Jan 31, 2011 04:30AM - edited Dec 10, 2012 05:55AM by TonLee

Posted on: Jan 31, 2011 04:30AM - edited Dec 10, 2012 05:55AM by TonLee

TonLee wrote:

This is primarily for people who find themselves with THREE +'s by their diagnosis. 

If you are new to breast cancer, please click on the link below and read.  It is "What I Wish I Knew At the Beginning of Treatment."

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/6/topic/797454

IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+/HER2+, Skin Sparing uni-MX with TE, TCH, Rads Dx 9/14/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 3989 of 4,001 (40,001 results)

Mar 29, 2022 07:29PM gamzu710 wrote:

My third echo for Herceptin is coming up next week. Time flies even when it seems like it isn't. I shared my bad experience with my MO at my last appointment and she was disturbed and offered to refer me to another practice, but they promised changes so I'm willing to give it another chance. I have an order in hand from my MO that says in all capital letters "patient requires female tech" so hopefully it'll be fine. If not, then I know there's another option for the remainder.

I also finally got around to reading the information pamphlet on exemestane (after taking it for 2 weeks already; I'm getting more lax!) and noted that the "call your doctor immediately" symptoms are listed as shortness of breath or having the sudden urge to harm yourself or others. I'd read about people possibly feeling suicidal while on hormonal therapies, but becoming a homicidal maniac? OK then!

Surgery 7/1/2021 Lumpectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy 8/3/2021 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 10/1/2021 Kanjinti Chemotherapy 10/20/2021 Taxol (paclitaxel), Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/30/2022 Whole breast, Radiation boost: Right breast Dx IDC, Right, <1, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+, IHC

Apr 4, 2022 06:25AM 1982m wrote:

Thanks SpecialK,

Honestly I feel (mostly) really positive about my outlook. I am definitely more inquisitive then anxious about any of it any more.

I have so far felt really good on tamoxifen expect maybe my mood- but I can’t tell if it’s situational or from the meds. I guess only time will tell. I had a few hot flashes the first week but going into week three, seems fine so far. Hips feel a wee bit achy but I couldn’t just blame tamoxifen- that’s been an issue on and off for a while.

Dx 7/13/2021, IDC/DCIS, Left, <1, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+, IHC

Apr 11, 2022 12:01PM cardplayer wrote:

I’ve been searching for survivorship plan specifics - types of proactive scans and / or testing other than blood work, PAP, colonoscopy, DEXA scan, mammogram and breast MRI that should be considered? I had a full body scan, but am wondering what else should be considered and how often? Since I had mastectomies, mammogram and breast MRI are out, just checkups every 3 months. Or should I only get scans when I have issues?

Targeted Therapy 6/30/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/30/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 6/30/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 11/19/2020 Mastectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy 12/3/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 12/9/2021 Prophylactic mastectomy (Left) Dx IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIB, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Apr 11, 2022 06:45PM gamzu710 wrote:

I have a similar question! I met with my surgeon today for my first follow-up since active treatment. I was referred for a 6-month MRI due to a couple of BIRADS 3 things identified at my post-diagnosis MRI in August (ok, 6 months give or take). I have that on May 1. My MO and my surgeon both referred me for another diagnostic mammo in August, which will be 1 year after diagnosis. My surgeon said that pending these upcoming MRI results, the survivorship plan from here on out is to continue with OS + AI and then have a diagnostic mammo every year and a clinical breast exam every 6 months in coordination with my PCP. I asked if it wasn't supposed to be imaging every 6 months, and she said no. Her hedge was that this depends on these upcoming MRI results, and also if the mammograms identify too much dense tissue, then maybe we talk about more MRIs, but that's not the base plan.

I was surprised by this, though I guess I can see it. My real fear is distant metastasis anyway and a mammogram is not going to catch that, nor is a breast MRI.

Surgery 7/1/2021 Lumpectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy 8/3/2021 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 10/1/2021 Kanjinti Chemotherapy 10/20/2021 Taxol (paclitaxel), Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/30/2022 Whole breast, Radiation boost: Right breast Dx IDC, Right, <1, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+, IHC

Apr 12, 2022 06:15AM cardplayer wrote:

gamzu710 - My MO recommended that if I have issues that come up to see my primary care physician. I can get an appointment quicker with her. I mostly see my orthopedic doctor and have PT for joint issues. June 2020will be 2 years since diagnosis and I was NED when I had my mastectomy in November 2020, but the fear of recurrence is something I deal with. Support group helps.

Targeted Therapy 6/30/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/30/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 6/30/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 11/19/2020 Mastectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy 12/3/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 12/9/2021 Prophylactic mastectomy (Left) Dx IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIB, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Apr 12, 2022 01:47PM - edited Apr 12, 2022 01:48PM by 1982m

Hi Gamzu and cardplayer,

My survivorship plan is yearly MRI's and yearly mammograms alternating. I think I get the yearly MRI's bc of my breast density and probably my family history of cancer/breast cancer. So every 6 months they will check out my left breast and once a year MRI both. I don't think my variant of unknown significance played into it, but maybe it did.

I hope my breast density decreases with tamoxifen and I can let go of all the intense testing.

Apr 13, 2022 07:17AM cardplayer wrote:

1982m - My mammogram always had the disclaimer “Consider adding yearly screening breast ultrasound as a supplemental screening study for a woman with heterogenously dense breast tissue on mammogram“. I didn’t do this since I always had a breast MRI. Kind of wish I had an ultrasound since they found my BC on my breast MRI in June 2020 and saw nothing on my mammogram 6 months before in Dec 2019.

Apr 14, 2022 09:34AM 1982m wrote:

Cardplayer- I have little faith in the mammogram. I got a mammogram bc of symptoms but they never saw anything on the mammogram. Actually the mri wasn’t great either- it was ultrasound that was best at visualizing my tumour.

I’m hoping the tamoxifen and aging decreases my breast density.

Apr 14, 2022 05:50PM phelps128 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have not been on here in a while. I had to finish my TCHP. I had surgery on Friday and just got my results today. I did not have a PCR. I had micrometastasis in 1 out 8 lymph nodes. I’m beyond devastated. I was really hoping that I would have a PCR. It’s like being diagnosed all over again.

I and so scared. My little boy is only three😭.

Sorry be a downer…just need a little support from someone that understands what I’m going through.

Thank you

Apr 15, 2022 06:51AM specialk wrote:

phelps - I understand your fears - we all do. Did you have residual tumor in addition to the micromets in the node? Keep in mind that the majority of those with a TP diagnosis do not get a pcr with neoadjuvent chemo - it just doesn't happen for the majority, so you are not alone there. That said, it is important to maintain perspective on what that really means - while there is a DFS and OS advantage, the studies that indicate this include patients across stages I/II/III, so that represents a lot of different tumor sizes and nodal statuses, subtypes and hormonal receptor types. If you are strongly ER+ you still have anti-hormonals to count on, and, at a minimum, continued Herceptin for the balance of the year. Has there been any discussion of adding post-surgical targeted therapies like Kadcyla or Nerlynx?

BMX w/ TE 11/1/10, ALND 12/6/10. 16 additional surgeries. TCHx6 2/17-6/2/11. Herceptin until 1/19/12. Femara 8/1/11, Arimidex 6/20/12, back to Femara 2013-2018. Dx 9/27/2010, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+, IHC

Page 3989 of 4,001 (40,001 results)

Scroll to top button