We are 228,650 members in 84 forums discussing 159,786 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: ER-, PR-, Her2+ Roll call

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer —

Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Apr 3, 2011 03:17AM

Nevo84 wrote:

Hello everyone

My mom was dx in November 2010. She is in her Chemo courses and only 2 sessions left. She is so well now and is very hopefull.My little niece makes her so happy and she is planning for the ceremony of her first birthday. Since she was dx I've explored in this site in different cathegories but sisters with this signature are few. So I decide to start a new thread in which we can call all   ER,PR-, HER+ gals and specially who survived for years. I hope we can make a group like triple positives and etc.

Dx 11/3/2010, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 8/35 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Page 68 of 68 (2,019 results)

Posts 2011 - 2019 (2,019 total)

May 22, 2020 01:50PM Beesy_The_Other_One wrote:

Mary Jo, when I was going through chemo and I'd read of ER-/PR-/HER2+ women reporting that they were "alive and still kicking," it was such an encouragement! It's worth doing! So happy for you!

1997: Phyllodes, R breast. 2018: IDC, L breast. TCHP, BMX, Radiation, Nerlynx. Dx 8/20/2018, IDC, Left, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC)

May 22, 2020 07:32PM DogMomRunner wrote:

hi Sassa! Good to see more who are still doing well. I hope to be able to say it years out from this.

My BS said that my port can come out on June 25th. She does the same removal in her office. I'm a bit nervous about getting rid of the port. I have a love hate relationship with it. My chest is narrow so my BS had to put it under my bra strap. I think if it was not there it wouldn't be so bothersome. But I'm lucky to be able to have it removed - to be done with treatment

You ain't run far enough to say My legs have failed You ain't gone far enough You ain't worked hard enough You ain't run far enough to say It ain't gonna get any better. Nathaniel Rateliff Dx 4/24/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/8 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 5/16/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Targeted Therapy 6/5/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/5/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 9/21/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

May 23, 2020 07:19AM UnrealTarHeel wrote:

Sassa: Thank you for that. As somebody just starting out on this path, I LOVE your message.

DogMomRunner: Just YAY!

Dx 2/28/2020, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 3/26/2020 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 5/16/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 5/16/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy

May 23, 2020 08:41AM Sassa wrote:

I was diagnosed several months after the use of herceptin was approved for usage in early stage women .

I thought my oncologist was crazy when she was excited that I was HER2+ and that I was "lucky" to be so.

I now understand why she was excited.

Dx 11/6/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

May 25, 2020 01:39AM - edited May 25, 2020 01:40AM by fightingmama

Hi :) Anyone here who also had TCH as neo adjuvant chemo and is now NED for quite some time/years? I really need some encouragement for my mom. Thank you!

May 25, 2020 02:37PM MinusTwo wrote:

Fighting - you can usually tell that by our signature lines. And BTW - you should go to 'my profile' and fill in your Mom's diagnosis and treatment plan. Then make it "public" so we can follow her progress.

I think I've detailed before but yes, when I had a recurrence I had neo-adjuvant TCHP. Then ALND surgery (I had already had a bi-lateral mastectomy two years before). Then AC because I didn't have pCR (the tumor didn't totally disappear before surgery). Then 5 weeks of radiation along with Herceptin for the rest of the year. My last treatments were completed in 2014 - so I'm six years NED.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

May 26, 2020 03:01PM Sassa wrote:

That heart clutching moment never goes away from an unexpected call from your oncologist.

I had an appointment last week. Good to go for another year.

Then came the call this morning that my husband picked up while I was in the shower. The message as he delivered it was " Dr. X's called. You need to call for a scan appointment."

Shocked

A call back and it turns outs they had sent the order over for my chest x ray for March 2021 and wanted to know if I wanted them to make the appointment.

My blood pressure returned to normal after a half hour.

May 26, 2020 04:47PM Beesy_The_Other_One wrote:

Sassa, I'm impressed it only took a half an hour for your BP to return to normal! I think it would have been far longer for me.

One time my mother was leaving for a trip (was literally at the airport) and received a call saying that they they needed additional views after her yearly mammogram. So she went on her trip, worrying about a new primary for two weeks, only to return home to learn the nurse who called said they were missing the right breast views. MY MOTHER ONLY HAS A LEFT BREAST!

1997: Phyllodes, R breast. 2018: IDC, L breast. TCHP, BMX, Radiation, Nerlynx. Dx 8/20/2018, IDC, Left, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC)

10 hours ago Sassa wrote:

Because I had bilateral mastectomies and delayed reconstruction with implants, I do not have mammograms any more.

My oncologist sends me for a yearly chest x ray.

I understand what must have been your mother's frustration with the missing mammogram.

Every time I get hit with the question about the date of my last mammogram (2006, bilateral, 2007 right side only), I brace myself for the sh*t storm that will break around my head.

I now refuse to answer the question at doctors' offices where I have been a long time patient and tell them to read my file.

Page 68 of 68 (2,019 results)