We are 199,590 members in 81 forums discussing 146,151 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer → Topic: Neoadjuvant TCHP - Post Results Here

Topic: Neoadjuvant TCHP - Post Results Here

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer —

Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Aug 25, 2014 08:57AM - edited Jul 15, 2015 03:57PM by agness

agness wrote:

I completed my course of neoadjuvant Taxotere-Carboplatin-Herceptin-Perjeta (TCHP) at the beginning of July 2014. Since this is the first year of having this treatment option available to general breast cancer patients I thought it would be helpful if we could track outcomes.

Please summarize your clinical and pathological reports, also any imaging you had along the way. If you can describe any modifications to this treatment, as well as any other complementary therapies, that would be helpful. Maybe include a few tips or personal experiences with this particular drug regime?

Hopefully as time rolls on we can also track longterm results as well.

Looking forward to reading your stories.

-Ann

Ann - PCR 8/15/14

HER2+/HR-. TCHP 3/14, PCR 8/14. Proton therapy. Mets: Brain tumor to cerebellum (5 cm) 7/2015. SRS 9/15. Leptomeningeal (LM) dx 11/2015, Ommaya Reservoir/IT Herceptin 12/15. Partial brain rads 1/2016. More LM & new chemo 9/16. Stable scan 12/16

Page 30 of 30 (881 results)

Posts 871 - 881 (881 total)

Dec 16, 2017 04:17PM Clynnejohn505 wrote:

Emalyn

I finished my treatment on 11/9/17. I found the side effects to be on point with what the doctor said. I know you just had your first one a few days ago. For me it took 2 to 3 days to feel it. After the first one I had constipation and diarrhea. This lasted throughout the 6 treatments with varying degrees of intensity. It’s like my body couldn’t find that happy medium and now 5 weeks after last one it’s just getting back to normal. Be ready with the Imodium and if you find it unmanageable there’s prescription lomotil.

It wasn’t easy but I worked throughout my treatments. After one I’d be out for a week then back on Monday. With the exception of #5 - I got a stomach ulcer and was hospitalized for blood in my stool.

The big thing to know is communication! Tell your doctor how you’re feeling. The solution could be as simple as going in for a bag of IV fluids. You’ll be amazed how much better you’ll feel after a little hydration. Keep your head up and don’t think you have to suffer for it to work. There is help for the side effects.

Cathy

Dec 27, 2017 01:52AM - edited Dec 27, 2017 03:36AM by Hope99

Hello sisters, hope all of you will be fine in Christmas.

According to this topics, I try to understand the relationship between the complete respond pCR and grade, ER/ Pr and HER2 receptors status (negative or positive), Grade and Ki-67 . I know this is researcher jobs but I want to imagine why some doctors, as my case, said maybe your chances is 50% with chemo! how he know this percentage and what is the indication that help him to said that? I think high ER+ doing well with chemo. WHO KNOWS!!

About the tumor become softer and shrinking physically. Is that good condition? some times I feel its become softer and shrinking a little after one round chemo ( FEC) . sometimes I feel it is same as before!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16507401

Dx 9/14/2017,IDC, Right, 2.5 - 3 cm, stage 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- chemo: 12/11/2017 ( FEC-T protocol ) crying solve a lot of problems in this life.

Dec 27, 2017 04:37AM Hope99 wrote:

Moreover, I am positive- receptors ER/PR and HER2 Neg. with one positive nodes checked by biopsy. I am worry now after reading this study ( but its good for HER2+) that shows the chemo (FEC) its not good with hormone positive !! why my doctors waste my time with chemo and the effective percentage not high enough to pCR my tumor and node?!

Dx 9/14/2017,IDC, Right, 2.5 - 3 cm, stage 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- chemo: 12/11/2017 ( FEC-T protocol ) crying solve a lot of problems in this life.

Dec 27, 2017 06:11AM MinusTwo wrote:

Hope - from your post you are not HER2+. This thread is specifically for HER2+ patients who are having TCHP chemo before surgery. You might want to join one of the fall chemo threads to talk to women with your same specs.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Dec 28, 2017 04:57AM Emalyn wrote:

Happy New Year to all of you! Wishing you the best health possible, the mildest side effects, and good times in spite of our diagnoses and treatments. I very much appreciate all your contributions to this thread. For me, infusion 2 of 6 is scheduled for January 2. For my personal psychological therapy, I have been making a few 30 second animated videos. This one is about my New Year 2018. I hope you enjoy it. Please comment.

Dx 11/15/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 12/12/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/12/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 12/12/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Jan 12, 2018 06:14AM mle78 wrote:

Question for those who have gone before me. I just got diagnosed and haven't started treatment yet. I'm anticipating this regimen based on my diagnosis and HER2 status. Plus the nurse navigator mentioned it to me. How many of you were able to continue working while getting chemo? I work as a nurse and I'm the only income in my family while my husband is finishing pharmacy school. Worried about significant loss of income.

Thanks!

Dx 1/9/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, 2cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (FISH)

Jan 12, 2018 06:33PM - edited Jan 12, 2018 06:43PM by misslil

I worked, more or less, through my process for TCHP chemo. My office has a lot of flexibility which helped. Over the six cycles, I'd miss Thursday for the infusions, be at the clinic again Friday for Neulasta and IV fluids, and back there Monday for more fluids. Most often, I was out of work those three days of each cycle, although sometimes I felt ok to go in on the Friday / Monday part-time.

I tried to work the days after that in each cycle. It got harder over time to work the rest of the week after the Monday IV fluids. Toward the end of it all, I just wrote that week off and pre-planned to be out M-F. The second week I was usually ok to work, same for the M-W on the third week before treatment began again.

I had radiation and worked continuously through that with no problems. When I got off the TCHP phase, and to Herceptin alone, I worked pretty much all the Herceptin days, leaving work early or coming in late to do the treatment.

I got an authorization to work part-time on training at home through this timeframe. It was a good idea to have that option, but in reality if I didn't feel well enough to go to the office I didn't feel well enough to do training at home or was sleeping things off lol.

Jan 12, 2018 07:31PM - edited Jan 12, 2018 07:42PM by DATNY

I continued to work as well. In fact, I could say that I felt better when I worked. Physically is doable, especially if you are on the younger side. Worst days for me for fatigue were 3-5, which overlapped partially with the weekend. Neulasta gave me terrible bone pain, so I changed to Zarxio. Other than that, the worst side effect was acid reflux. Being a nurse, you'll have to make sure not to come in contact with sick people as wbc can drop unexpectedly, in spite of the shot.

Also, I drank about a galon of water the first 4-5 days, in the first cycles. Being well hydrated made a huge difference to how I felt. Later on, was difficult to keep drinking that much.

Jan 12, 2018 11:51PM Jedrik wrote:

Working as a nurse might not be adviseable since chemo will seriously compromise your immune system. However fit (or not) you might feel: Sick and infected people are not your company of choice.

Dx 9/17/2015, IDC/Paget's, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 10/5/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 10/18/2015 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 10/18/2015 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/18/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 2/22/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Jan 13, 2018 03:16AM mle78 wrote:

Thanks for your responses ladies. I definitely understand the risks working with people who could be infectious and those receiving chemo. I work with the pediatric population including those with cancer going through treatment. I'm actually a supervisor where I work and I'm hoping they'll let me do more paperwork type things at times. I just didn't want to exhaust all of my time at once with chemo and not have enough time after surgery.

Dx 1/9/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, 2cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (FISH)

Jan 13, 2018 11:33AM - edited Jan 13, 2018 11:35AM by misslil

For me, the only compromise to my system was anemia which got bad enough I had two blood transfusions. Plus a potassium deficit at one point that went away quickly after absorbing some nasty stuff to bump it back up. The Neulasta seemed to work great for white blood cell issues...

From the beginning of chemo to today, I made big friends with hand sanitizer, and avoided touching with my bare hands things like door knobs, elevator buttons, bathroom fixtures in the office, hospital, dr offices, and other public places. My MO recommended I do the flu shot for elderly people so I did that vs. the normal one i would have taken.

Don't know if any of that helped, but didn't hurt. I did not catch a cold or flu thankfully throughout that period of time to today.

Page 30 of 30 (881 results)