Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Kadcyla Better Than Herceptin for Early-Stage, HER2+ Residual BC

Options
moderators
moderators Posts: 7,918

Kadcyla Seems Better Than Herceptin for Early-Stage, HER2-Positive Residual Breast Cancer
December 13, 2018

The KATHERINE trial suggests that Kadcyla (chemical name: T-DM1 or ado-trastuzumab emtansine) improves disease-free survival compared to Herceptin (chemical name: trastuzumab) in people diagnosed with early-stage, HER2-positive disease who have cancer cells found in tissue removed during surgery after chemotherapy that includes a taxane and Herceptin or Herceptin and Perjeta (chemical name: pertuzumab). Read more...

Comments

• Daisy-Jane
    Daisy-Jane Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2019
    Options

My cancer tumor was responsive to TCHP, but the cancer in my lymph nodes were not. Right after having a mastectomy, I was started on Kadcyla every 3 weeks for 14 cycles. I’m anxious to know if it is working and plan to press for a PET scan.

• WC3
    WC3 Member Posts: 658
    edited February 2019
    Options

I can't get this stuff because my suspicious lymph node was never biopsied before neo adjuvant chemotherapy and I had what they are calling a pCR at the tumor site.

I would like to think that I am cancer free, but here's the thing; my brain is telling me that's too good to be true. It has it's reasons for doing so, and it's usually right about these things.

I think it's going to be one of those "I told you so" moments.

• Melissa387
    Melissa387 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2019
    Options

I just started my first maintenance tx of herceptin and perjeta a week ago. I asked about Kadcyla. I'm now being given the choice to switch to Kadcyla for 16 treatments every 3 weeks. I don't know I feel I should switch or stay with herceptin. I had good results from neoadjuvant therapy but not a complete response. Any suggestions

• el7277
    el7277 Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2019
    Options

After my bmx there were still 7 mm of residual disease and my nodes were clear. My MO is starting me on Kadcyla this week. It is herceptin and a chemo drug and I will take whatever they can throw at me. My doc says I am technically cancer free but the Kadcyla is a reinforcement.