We are 221,944 members in 81 forums discussing 156,490 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Kadcyla Better Than Herceptin for Early-Stage, HER2+ Residual BC

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer —

Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Dec 15, 2018 10:53AM

Moderators wrote:

Kadcyla Seems Better Than Herceptin for Early-Stage, HER2-Positive Residual Breast Cancer
December 13, 2018

The KATHERINE trial suggests that Kadcyla (chemical name: T-DM1 or ado-trastuzumab emtansine) improves disease-free survival compared to Herceptin (chemical name: trastuzumab) in people diagnosed with early-stage, HER2-positive disease who have cancer cells found in tissue removed during surgery after chemotherapy that includes a taxane and Herceptin or Herceptin and Perjeta (chemical name: pertuzumab). Read more...

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Feb 7, 2019 10:39AM Daisy-Jane wrote:

My cancer tumor was responsive to TCHP, but the cancer in my lymph nodes were not. Right after having a mastectomy, I was started on Kadcyla every 3 weeks for 14 cycles. I’m anxious to know if it is working and plan to press for a PET scan.

Dx 4/23/2018, IDC, Right, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 10/10 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH)

Feb 8, 2019 08:57AM WC3 wrote:

I can't get this stuff because my suspicious lymph node was never biopsied before neo adjuvant chemotherapy and I had what they are calling a pCR at the tumor site.

I would like to think that I am cancer free, but here's the thing; my brain is telling me that's too good to be true. It has it's reasons for doing so, and it's usually right about these things.

I think it's going to be one of those "I told you so" moments.

Dx 2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 6/1/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

May 15, 2019 11:11AM Melissa387 wrote:

I just started my first maintenance tx of herceptin and perjeta a week ago. I asked about Kadcyla. I'm now being given the choice to switch to Kadcyla for 16 treatments every 3 weeks. I don't know I feel I should switch or stay with herceptin. I had good results from neoadjuvant therapy but not a complete response. Any suggestions

Dx 11/8/2018, IDC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/13 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 11/29/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

May 27, 2019 11:26AM el7277 wrote:

After my bmx there were still 7 mm of residual disease and my nodes were clear. My MO is starting me on Kadcyla this week. It is herceptin and a chemo drug and I will take whatever they can throw at me. My doc says I am technically cancer free but the Kadcyla is a reinforcement.

Dx 12/3/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 12/18/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 4/24/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)