Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

pCR for HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer

Options
lilych
lilych Member Posts: 176

One of the MOs once mentioned that for HER2+ cancer after NAC, the pCR rate for ER+ is much lower than that for ER- (~30% vs ~70%?). Wondering if that is the case, would you mind sharing your ER status (and number) for those of you who did or did not achieve pCR?

LilyCh: No pCR, ER+(70%)PR+(70)HER2+

My question is, if it is harder for ER+ to achieve pCR, why not add hormonal therapy during the NAC?

Comments

• Sunocean
    Sunocean Member Posts: 121
    edited May 2019
    Options

hi. I achieved pcr. But I'm ER and Pr negative.

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749
    edited May 2019
    Options

hi there.

I had PCR and was highly ER and PR positive. I believe over 90% ( it’s been almost 8 years so the % are a bit fuzzy!)

I was told that this was more common with hormone Neg Her2 positive cancers. Perhaps my grade 3 cancer behaved more like hormone negative and responded very well to chemo

• Gudrun
    Gudrun Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2019
    Options

Dear Lily,

my daughter didn't achieve pcr either. I feel your disappointment. Her tumor was also highly ER and PR positive. Her Ki67 had fallen from 20% to 2%, which she was told was an excellent predictive indicator.

best wishes, G

• missouricatlady
    missouricatlady Member Posts: 894
    edited June 2019
    Options

I achieved pcr. I am ER positive PR negative.

• el7277
    el7277 Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2019
    Options

I am 40 % Er + and did not achieve pCR although my MO and BS could not feel any palpable mass. I had residual cancer in the tumor bed. My tumor was 1.7 cm and I had 7 mm of residual disease. I am low Ki67 and 5% PR +.

I had bmx and am going for second round of Kadcyla tomorrrow.

• WC3
    WC3 Member Posts: 658
    edited July 2019
    Options

LilyCh:

My cancer was 90% ER+/PR+ and I had a pCR but still had DCIS remaining.

• Hurcheon
    Hurcheon Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2019
    Options

I acheived pCR was Stage 3c and Pr and Er+ (7/8).

• rajae
    rajae Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2019
    Options

LilyCh

hi! i had the same question as you. did you have an answer?

• lilych
    lilych Member Posts: 176
    edited October 2019
    Options

rajae, I did ask the MO and she said hormonal therapy will interfere chemo and they should not be used together.

• kimm992
    kimm992 Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2019
    Options

I am hormone negative and had an ALMOST pCR. The surgeon found only tiny "spatters" of cancer cells left at time of surgery which he said was a good indicator that the chemo did it's work.

• Honeybee68
    Honeybee68 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I am ER/PR negative and HER2 positive, Stage IV. I achieved a PCR. I had a lumpectomy and 6 lymph nodes removed. The surgeon said there were no cancer cells remaining when they looked at the specimens under the microscope. The two liver mets shrunk and what is left they believe is scar tissue because they don't take up any of the radioactive sugar on PET scan.
  • IdRatherBeBoatin
    IdRatherBeBoatin Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2019
    Options

I achieved pCR after TCHP chemo. I was stage 2A, no node involvement. Did a BMx with expanders. Exchange surgery next month. Glad to be on the down slope!

• margun
    margun Member Posts: 385
    edited October 2019
    Options

LdRather- if you have no lymph nod involvement then you are not having radiotherapy?

• InfusionConfusion
    InfusionConfusion Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2020
    Options

I had a 10cm tumor (estimated from MRI) and some lymph nodes affected. I was also ER+/PR+ - both over 90% and HER2+. The TCHP chemo reduced the tumor down to 2mm and there was only one isolated tumor cell found in a lymph node. So my doctor treated me as if I'd had a PCR. You can see my details but it was lobular cancer, originally graded as 1 yet HER2+ status meant they kept referring to it as aggressive.