Join Us

We are 219,486 members in 84 forums discussing 161,542 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Her 2+ with dermal lymphatics invasion

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer —

Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Aug 15, 2019 11:55AM

Jbh_9904 wrote:

I was diagnosed in Feb 2019 with IDC. I had a 4.6cm mass and breast slightly larger than the other which has always been a little larger. Since I had lymph nodes involved they started me on TCHP March 5 2019 and after the first round my skin broke out, face neck, back and a red rash came about over the area of the tumor/mass. I called oncologist a d she had me come in to look at my skin. She gave me a topical cream and never thought twice about the rash. In April I met my breast surgeon who also saw the rash and asked if oncologist knew about it. Which I told her she did. The rash never bothered me, no itching or pain it was just there. After 6 rounds TCHP I was set to go on to surgery for bil nipple sparing mastectomy and axillary lymph node dissection. During the surgery the surgeon said she was going to take a biopsy of the skin rash. The biopsy came back with cancer in the dermal lymphatics. She did not perform the nipple sparing mastectomy but went ahead with axillary node dissection. As you would expect I woke up from surgery Furious that this rash had not been tested sooner. So back to the oncologist they now have started me on AC x 4 weeks to see if the rash would clear. Anyone have any similar experiences? They are treating me as if it's IBC. I feel like I'm starting all over again. 🙁